British Speedway Forum
BigFatDave

Upcoming Aussie Season Dates

Forgive me my bad. I forgot its winter and snowing time over their and what else to do than fire up some bikes and burn some fumes. I forgot Australia is the main country running traditional 500cc solo speedway right now and indeed that ice speedway is so popular. No it doesnt matter whos on top but if it wasnt for Ice Speedway, then Aussie Season would be. B)

speedway is speedway as BFD says.

Edited by dirt

An enjoyable evening's entertainment at Sidewinders tonight for the Under-16 125s Qualifying meet, with 11-y-o Dakota Ballantyne SA the class of the evening finishing on 14 points.

Other qualifiers for tomorrow night's final:

Tyson Snow QLD 12

Blake Russell WA 11

Zaine Kennedy QLD 11

Seth Hickey SA 10

Cooper Riordan VIC 10

Jake Mitchell SA 10

Jack Norman SA 8 - Jack is Nine Years Old, by the way.

Matthew Day QLD 8

Max Crocker NSW 6

first Reserve Ben Cook NSW 6

Other scores: Sheldon Gill WA (another 11-y-o)5; Joel Pellicone SA (another 11-y-o in for Brady Kurtz) 5; Declan Kennedy (another 9-y-o) 1; Brody Eves QLD 1; Ellis Perks withdrew after three rides three falls; Zack Cook res NSW 0 Braydan McGuinness res SA 1

Well done to all the youngsters who took part; Dakota is another prodigious talent from the Sidewinders production line.

Great to see GP rider Chris Holder in the pits and also big wraps on current 2-time World and 3-time Australian Under-21 Champion Darcy Ward turning up to support our juniors - an inspiration to the youngsters.

An interesting alcohol-free evening's Speedway - not often I make it through without recourse to something peculiar or other - oh the joys of being on large quantities of prescription drugs for a change!! Don't worry, if all goes well I'll be off the Extra-strength Cortisone & Antibiotic mix and back in my usual state in time for Gillman! Doncha hate being Crook!

Might have a Stubby & relax.

An enjoyable evening's entertainment at Sidewinders tonight for the Under-16 125s Qualifying meet, with 11-y-o Dakota Ballantyne SA the class of the evening finishing on 14 points.

Tyson Snow QLD 12

Blake Russell WA 11

Zaine Kennedy QLD 11

Seth Hickey SA 10

Cooper Riordan VIC 10

Jake Mitchell SA 10

Matthew Day QLD 8

Max Crocker NSW 6

Other scores: Sheldon Gill WA (another 11-y-o)5; Joel Pellicone SA (another 11-y-o in for Brady Kurtz) 5; Declan Kennedy (another 9-y-o) 1; Brody Eves QLD 1; Ellis Perks withdrew after three rides three falls; Zack Cook res NSW 0 Braydan McGuinness res SA 1

Well done to all the youngsters who took part; Dakota is another prodigious talent from the Sidewinders production line.

Great to see GP rider Chris Holder in the pits and also big wraps on current 2-time World and 3-time Australian Under-21 Champion Darcy Ward turning up to support our juniors - an inspiration to the youngsters.

An interesting alcohol-free evening's Speedway - not often I make it through without recourse to something peculiar or other - oh the joys of being on large quantities of prescription drugs for a change!! Don't worry, if all goes well I'll be off the Extra-strength Cortisone & Antibiotic mix and back in my usual state in time for Gillman! Doncha hate being Crook!

Cheers for the report BFD sounds like a good meeting to have watched.:approve: all those kids have fantastically interesting names too.

Cheers for the report BFD sounds like a good meeting to have watched.:approve: all those kids have fantastically interesting names too.

The enthusiam of these kids knows no bounds, Shirl. I think this song was written just for them.

Interesting to see some of the older lads on the smaller bikes - Arthur and Jack were practising, mainly concentrating on pulling monos, while in the main Event Tyson Snow (15-y-o), who also rode in the 350's at North Brisvegas the other day, towering over 9-y-o Stormin' Jack Norman but having to race hard to beat him - great talent depth over here and Sidewinders being a dedicated Under-16 club is fantastic for the Sport - big family support in the pits & on the terraces. I hear Davey Watt was there last night as well - great to see our Seniors turning out, they're an inspiration for the youngsters. It'll be a good crowd tonight for the Finals with everyone arriving in town for Gillman & OzChamps tomorrow - large turn-out of the Usual Suspects on the Back Straight is predicted.

Only downside was due to the choice location of the track - next door to the City Dump - meant the arrival shortly after dusk of a Mozzie plague - fortunately the application of some NT Special Bushman's Fly Assassinator (Slogan - If Ya Don't Wanna Breed, This one's for YOU!) did the trick.

Tyson Snow QLD 12

Blake Russell WA 11

Zaine Kennedy QLD 11

Seth Hickey SA 10

Cooper Riordan VIC 10

Jake Mitchell SA 10

Matthew Day QLD 8

Max Crocker NSW 6

Well done to WA's Blake Russell.

Hey BFD is Jack Norman any relation to Jason Norman, who five or six years ago looked certain to have a bright future in speedway.

I'm sure Bryn would probably remember him.

Anyway best of luck to the WA boys, give em Heeps!

Hey BFD is Jack Norman any relation to Jason Norman, who five or six years ago looked certain to have a bright future in speedway.

Sure do remember Jason!

Anyway best of luck to the WA boys, give em Heeps!

Blake was unlucky - three wins & a second but excluded for - shall we say - over-exuberant riding. Coming up the inside on turn 4 he damn near ran over Stormin' Jack Norman - sent him fencewise - Jack took a tumble but remounted! Big Jack certainly had plenty of fans there - I think he comes up to my waist - I'll check tonight, if Rodney doesn't get me too sideways!

Edited by BigFatDave

BFD,or anyone else that might know of any radio or other coverage of leg 2 of the aussie title please help if poss . :D

Edited by bubsy

Updates on Round 2 of the Aussie Champs at Gillman, will be available on the This link.

From Australian Speedway Forums:

A fair bit of carnage last night with 8 re-runs in the first eight heats alone - no-one seriously dented although a couple of almighty fence-thumpers had us worried for a bit, but everyone walked away - there'll be a few sore bodies at Gillman this morning for Leigh & Johnno's Juniors Masterclass, but I bet they'll all be there! Great to see most of tonight's field of riders for Gillman plus a few local seniors in attendance cheering the lads on. A good crowd in attendance enjoyed some exciting racing with a couple going down to the last bend - can't ask for more than that! Some of these boys were racing for sheep stations out there!

Arthur Sissis was unbeaten throughout, although he was pushed hard in a couple; Stormin' Jack Norman outgated him in his first heat and wasn't passed until the third bend, where a classic 360 spin pushed him back to 4th Cameron Heeps never gave up the chase, finishing second! In his second heat he lowered the track record to 40.99 in a blistering run; Max Fricke pushed him hard in his third but Arthur pulled away towards the end; in his fourth heat Jack Fallon, the best of his opposition on the night kept him honest while in his last heat he seemed to have engine problems but was still untroubled. The final saw him charge out of the blocks and he was never headed, beginning his victory celebrations half-way down the back straight on lap 4! The race over we were treated to a free-style display from all the finallists and even a few fireworks!

Of the seeded riders Jack Holder had one to forget with a couple of falls cruelling his chances while Brandon Coglan didn't have much luck either; an EF in his third heat resulting in a classic passionate expectoration of the pacifier - good stuff! Max Fricke recovered from a first heat fall & exclusion to post 11 out of 12 in his next four, taking out the B Main from Zaine Kennedy and Cooper Riordan with Blake Russell 4th; Jack Fallon and Cameron Heeps were both impressive but in the end the night belonged to Arthur, and rightly so.

Whatever discipline he ends up in I'm sure he'll do well; he's already been offered a contract by at least one PL club in Bonnie Scotland ('Mon the Tiggers!) and the word is if he doesn't finish Top Two in the Red Bull comp. this year, thereby getting promotion to GP ranks he'll be gracing the shale in 2012. Goodonya Arthur and thanks for the show!

Arthur Sissis 15

Jack Fallon 13

Cameron Heeps 12

Max Fricke 11

Zaine Kennedy 9

Blake Russell 8

Cooper Riordan 7

Jake Mitchell 7

Jack Holder 6

Tyson Snow 6

Matthew Day 5

Seth Hickey 5

Max Crocker 4

Brandon Coglan 4

Jack Norman 3

Dakota Ballantyne 3

Olly Simpson took out the supports; he's only recently made the switch from MX and looks a goer. In the 5-man final he beat Ben Cook, Mitch Grech, Braydon McGuinness and Sheldon Gill in that order.

Many thanks to all concerned - Riders, Parents, Officials & Trackstaff - for a wonderful evening which certainly kept us entertained throughout - these lads are the future of our sport, and they didn't let us down. Thanks again Sidewinders - I dips me lid.

Edited by BigFatDave

Its all happening in the City of Churches - fans from all over the place steaming in to town for tonight's second round of OzChamps. Bryn's absence was commented on several times last night, sometimes favourably, sometimes not, but we raised a glass of sparkling mineral water in his honour - Sidewinders being a dry venue. Later on back at the Royal Arms a few other substances were dedicated to the Welsh Wizard of Microphone Dribble - you're sadly missed, Brynbach, and it's Your Shout!!

Pre-meet drinkypoos in the bar downstairs starts as soon as I get off this thing and start getting me backside trackside - Gillman is usually the provider of the finest racing Downunder can offer, and with Kyle now in the mix tonight will be a ripper - my Money's on Rooboy to give Chris some hurry-up, with Davey pipping Darcy for third, but whatever happpens Speedway will be the winner!

More of youse mob should make the effort to get down here for the OzChamps series: it's gradually getting better-organised and when it finally settles down to a 4- or 5-match series over 15 days it should be a highlight on any Speedway Fan's Calendar. Put it on your Bucket List - I must go Downunder and buy BFD a beer or three! Enjoy the Updates tomorrow morning your time - I'll see you there.

PS Lunchy reckons he's finally found a kindred spirit who can talk underwater as much as he can - ah, but can he text Updates at the same time?

Updates on Round 2 of the Aussie Champs at Gillman, will be available on the This link.

thanks crazy alway`s depend on you thanks again.lol

holderon

Its all happening in the City of Churches - fans from all over the place steaming in to town for tonight's second round of OzChamps. Bryn's absence was commented on several times last night, sometimes favourably, sometimes not, but we raised a glass of sparkling mineral water in his honour - Sidewinders being a dry venue. Later on back at the Royal Arms a few other substances were dedicated to the Welsh Wizard of Microphone Dribble - you're sadly missed, Brynbach, and it's Your Shout!!

Pre-meet drinkypoos in the bar downstairs starts as soon as I get off this thing and start getting me backside trackside - Gillman is usually the provider of the finest racing Downunder can offer, and with Kyle now in the mix tonight will be a ripper - my Money's on Rooboy to give Chris some hurry-up, with Davey pipping Darcy for third, but whatever happpens Speedway will be the winner!

More of youse mob should make the effort to get down here for the OzChamps series: it's gradually getting better-organised and when it finally settles down to a 4- or 5-match series over 15 days it should be a highlight on any Speedway Fan's Calendar. Put it on your Bucket List - I must go Downunder and buy BFD a beer or three! Enjoy the Updates tomorrow morning your time - I'll see you there.

PS Lunchy reckons he's finally found a kindred spirit who can talk underwater as much as he can - ah, but can he text Updates at the same time?

Oh how I wish I was there to let you buy me a beer BFD but having to content myself with watching live updates whilst drinking coffee with a shot of Bundy added as that's the only option I've got right now! :wink::lol:

PS hope Lunchy's texting finger can stand the strain! :P

How on earth can Summers be a reserve behind Bugeja and Newman etc?...Aussie speedway need to get there house in gear as it appears to be a face fits first scenario at the moment