British Speedway Forum
speedy bill

Buxton Sqaure One

Congratulations should be passed to Buxton, not only for putting a good side together but also encouraging the riders to try the next level up.

If only we had a few more Buxton's perhaps the sad field for yesterdays British Final will become a sad memory and we can see young Brits going for it in the not to distant future.

All power to Buxton

now it looks Buxtons good side will disappear into the premier league.if they are at Rye House a week tomorrow they will be short of Cook Morris and Wright all stolen by the premire teams.a guest for Cook r]r for wright and some three point wobbler fot Morris aint going to do their league chances any good but does any body care no only the lett down Buxton fans who travel down to Rye to support ther team.makes me glad we have the older riders in our team. no one will want to steal them and ruin our already poor season. :blink:

now it looks Buxtons good side will disappear into the premier league.if they are at Rye House a week tomorrow they will be short of Cook Morris and Wright all stolen by the premire teams.a guest for Cook r]r for wright and some three point wobbler fot Morris aint going to do their league chances any good but does any body care no only the lett down Buxton fans who travel down to Rye to support ther team.makes me glad we have the older riders in our team. no one will want to steal them and ruin our already poor season. :blink:

Dont worry about us we will be fine. Plenty of teams lose riders or aren't able to field their first choice team at all their fixtures. We don't even know what day we are riding at Rye House yet as it depends on the football so no point worrying about something that might not happen.

What's this I hear that if Cook, Morris and Wright are all missing, we can't have 2 guests? You can in the PL and EL but not the NL?

What's this I hear that if Cook, Morris and Wright are all missing, we can't have 2 guests? You can in the PL and EL but not the NL?

Whatever is stacked against them,Buxton still seem to come up with the goods.Today is a perfect exanple :D

The club is a real credit to speedway,I hope this will be recognized 1 day,they deserve ever success.

Edited by screm

Things shouldn't be too bad for Buxton, ok the loss of Charles is a blow. Between now and the 6th August though Buxton only have 4 scheduled meetings.

By the 6th of August, weather permitting and barring injury Nick will have ridden his 11th meeting for Glasgow and will be promptly 'sacked' in order to preserve his 3 point average for next season.

May I ask a straightforward question, and I'd appreciate it if you answer the question without considering other side topics..

Do you want the Premier League to be:

a ) full of foreign riders over British riders, or

b ) would you prefer British riders to be given the chance?

Pick a or b, no 'but's please. ;)

If you are asking a question such as that, which I add will make the sport boring then I say A! (HERE COMES MY REASON) I feel without "foreign riders" (as you put it!) there is no speedway. The racing is exciting and refreshing it's nice to have variety and without it I wouldnt go and watch.. its that simple really. Yes I think young british riders are great too... I feel it is rather unfair to knock the "foreign riders" just because they have natural talent which some do not. I pay good money to watch Buxton and feel rather annoyed that disrespectful people who have power take matters into their own hands to dis-arm the Buxton Team.. I add they did very well the other night against Cobras, very impressed that they were only 7 points down, what with not a full team! I enjoyed it very much they are great to watch with so much heart and soul! Go Robert Branford and Nick Morris!! :)) You lads keep up the good work your future is bright!

If you are asking a question such as that, which I add will make the sport boring then I say A! (HERE COMES MY REASON) I feel without "foreign riders" (as you put it!) there is no speedway. The racing is exciting and refreshing it's nice to have variety and without it I wouldnt go and watch.. its that simple really. Yes I think young british riders are great too... I feel it is rather unfair to knock the "foreign riders" just because they have natural talent which some do not. I pay good money to watch Buxton and feel rather annoyed that disrespectful people who have power take matters into their own hands to dis-arm the Buxton Team.. I add they did very well the other night against Cobras, very impressed that they were only 7 points down, what with not a full team! I enjoyed it very much they are great to watch with so much heart and soul! Go Robert Branford and Nick Morris!! :)) You lads keep up the good work your future is bright!

Firstly, I was not directing this question at you, or perhaps you would have understood the context in which it was asked.

Secondly, I am not against "foreign riders". I am against foreign riders coming over on too low averages. If a foreign rider comes over, improves and shows himself to be an exciting rider, I have no problem. I don't particularly like it when a foreign rider comes over, doesn't do a marvellous job and remains in the reserve berth for years to come, or when a rider comes over on a low average slotting straight into reserve berths.

To be frank I have no idea to what you are referring, not following Buxton's fortunes/misfortunes, when you say you are rather annoyed that disrespectful people who have power take matters into their own hands to dis-arm the Buxton team.

The point I was making in my original post was that surely you cant be against your riders being offered a PL spot/races in the PL? They dont want to be in the NL for ever, the National League is, essentially, supposed to be a development league, and not only does racing PL give them better experience but its building blocks for a better career. If a young British rider wanted to be in the NL all his career, I would think he perhaps lacked ambition to try and make it further in the sport.