British Speedway Forum
speedy bill

Buxton Sqaure One

my team plymouth devils are due at buxton next week and we can go for a winn.they will have no cook no morris what a great chance for the devils to grab a away winn.i feel sorry for buxton their team has fallen appart i have heard they are to lose wright soon.the rules need changing to prevent premier teams from just taking riders off national teams its not fair on the club and it is certanly not fair on the paying public.get it sorted b s p a or people will walk away from the clubs affected and teams cant afford to lose support. :angry:

my team plymouth devils are due at buxton next week and we can go for a winn.they will have no cook no morris what a great chance for the devils to grab a away winn.i feel sorry for buxton their team has fallen appart i have heard they are to lose wright soon.the rules need changing to prevent premier teams from just taking riders off national teams its not fair on the club and it is certanly not fair on the paying public.get it sorted b s p a or people will walk away from the clubs affected and teams cant afford to lose support. :angry:

Don't worry we will have a team out on track.

What!!! The National League is all about developing riders for the Premier and Elite. I have sympathy for Buxton but that is what true development is all about.

I guess clubs could do what Plymouth have said they going to do and refuse permission for their rider to ride in the PL, which will only stifle British talent.

The NL is about training young riders, Buxton know that and have an excellent record for that. Personally I have a huge amount of respect what what Buxton Speedway have achieved in the last 10 or so seasons, they can rightly be proud of what they've achieved.

Buxton are a credit to the NL, they never moan or complain, they just get on with things and find more young talent.

What!!! The National League is all about developing riders for the Premier and Elite. I have sympathy for Buxton but that is what true development is all about.

We are not asking for or expecting any sympathy. It's called the price of success :rolleyes: Anyhow dont worry about us we will be OK.

get real we are now a league in our own right drop the stupid development name.any way keep your hands off the devils team find yourselfs a pole or cheqe or swede wait till the season is over before steeling our riders .you can have them guest but do not pinch them i pay good money to watch my team. :angry:

I guess clubs could do what Plymouth have said they going to do and refuse permission for their rider to ride in the PL, which will only stifle British talent.

The NL is about training young riders, Buxton know that and have an excellent record for that. Personally I have a huge amount of respect what what Buxton Speedway have achieved in the last 10 or so seasons, they can rightly be proud of what they've achieved.

Buxton are a credit to the NL, they never moan or complain, they just get on with things and find more young talent.

Couldn't agree more.

get real we are now a league in our own right drop the stupid development name.any way keep your hands off the devils team find yourselfs a pole or cheqe or swede wait till the season is over before steeling our riders .you can have them guest but do not pinch them i pay good money to watch my team. :angry:

And that is exactly the point, if they do as you suggest then there will be no places for British riders. How is Paul Starke going to get a full place in a PL side if his promoter doesn't allow him the rides this season?

I'll give Buxton three cheers for bringing on Cooke, but none for Branford and Morris, but of course we've been here before ... :neutral:

And that is exactly the point, if they do as you suggest then there will be no places for British riders. How is Paul Starke going to get a full place in a PL side if his promoter doesn't allow him the rides this season?

I'll give Buxton three cheers for bringing on Cooke, but none for Branford and Morris, but of course we've been here before ... :neutral:

I agree with SCB's post, Buxton are a superbly run outfit, on a budget whilst generally being near the top of the table as well as developing riders. Mariner, Morris and Branford have taken advantage of their British heritage, who knows maybe they will, as Tai Woffinden before them, pledge to race as Brits in the future. I think it's a bit disrespectfulfor some to assume the Hitmen have been a 2 man team this season, all of their riders are very talented and contributing to their current good form.

May I ask a straightforward question, and I'd appreciate it if you answer the question without considering other side topics..

Do you want the Premier League to be:

a ) full of foreign riders over British riders, or

b ) would you prefer British riders to be given the chance?

Pick a or b, no 'but's please. ;)

Edited by rhidassa

Buxton are credit to the NL,since the start of the Conference and now National League Id bet a that there are few more teams that have advanced the careers of rider more than the Hitmen,Scunthorpe maybe.

Edited by screm

I agree with SCB's post, Buxton are a superbly run outfit, on a budget whilst generally being near the top of the table as well as developing riders. Mariner, Morris and Branford have taken advantage of their British heritage, who knows maybe they will, as Tai Woffinden before them, pledge to race as Brits in the future. I think it's a bit disrespectfulfor some to assume the Hitmen have been a 2 man team this season, all of their riders are very talented and contributing to their current good form.

Ben, no disrespect meant. Morris and Branford are both highly talented young men who clearly have a future in the sport and the very best of luck to them both. It's what they represent - the imminent demise of the sport in Britain without a continued and plentiful supply of young, talented British riders. Indeed they might just pledge to race for Britain, but Tai is in a minority of one at the moment and I suspect that you made this statement tongue in cheek rather than in any high expectation? I will be delighted to be proved wrong though.

I absolutely agree though that Buxton and one or two other notable promotions are to be loudly applauded for their efforts. Just a shame they don't get more support from the BSPA :huh:

... but Tai is in a minority of one at the moment and I suspect that you made this statement tongue in cheek rather than in any high expectation? I will be delighted to be proved wrong though.

Tai was BORN in England of English parents - sure he had the choice of representing Australia but it was entirely correct that he chose GB. These other two lads were born in Australia and I'd be astonished if they opted ever to represent GB. Which is also entirely correct..

Ben, no disrespect meant. Morris and Branford are both highly talented young men who clearly have a future in the sport and the very best of luck to them both. It's what they represent - the imminent demise of the sport in Britain without a continued and plentiful supply of young, talented British riders. Indeed they might just pledge to race for Britain, but Tai is in a minority of one at the moment and I suspect that you made this statement tongue in cheek rather than in any high expectation? I will be delighted to be proved wrong though.

I absolutely agree though that Buxton and one or two other notable promotions are to be loudly applauded for their efforts. Just a shame they don't get more support from the BSPA :huh:

I completely understand and respect your view Mariner, I do feel if these Aussies are going to use their parents/grandparents British heritage as a way to race here on a 3 point average, then they should commit to race as British riders, whether they will or not is of course another matter.

If they have British heritage why shouldn't they come over on a 3 point average? Don't forget that both Nick and Robert would of come in on 5 point averages if they had more experience. Both had very little time on 500's. Nick still has not raced a 500cc speedway bike in Australia.

I think its a fair system and as I've said before if British speedway would wake up and see the benfits of junior racing (you know the little bikes and little tracks) then we wouldn't have this constant bickering about how kids from Australia keep nicking young British riders spots.

Fact is if you are good enough you get a team...would you rather the National league be full of raw novices?

Its got to be good for British speedway to have talented kids from Australia raising the bar.

Edited by whowasthatberntpersson