British Speedway Forum
ianmartin

Riders You Would Like To See Discussed

As there is not a Topic here on the Classic Speedway Section for Forum users to suggest Riders who they would like to read about - I thought I would start one.

I was prompted to do this after I had returned home from a Long Eaton Reunion. Whilst there I met a very interesting former Rider called Ken Vale - I would love to read more about him.

Ken Sharples is another who springs to mind.

Any possibility Tony.

Edited by ianmartin

As there is not a Topic here on the Classic Speedway Section for Forum users to suggest Riders who they would like to read about - I thought I would start one.

I was prompted to do this after I had returned home from a Long Eaton Reunion. Whilst there I met a very interesting former Rider called Ken Vale - I would love to read more about him.

Ken Sharples is another who springs to mind.

Any possibility Tony.

I'd like to know more about Murray Burt & Cribby

Cheers!

I'd like to know more about Murray Burt & Cribby

Cheers!

Yeah, I got to know Cribby in his time at Berwick,I think he could tell some tales !!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

How about:

Russ Dent, Graeme Smith, Geoff Maloney, Hughie Saunders, Alan Knapkin, Dave Baugh, Dai Evans, Tony Childs, Reg Wilson, John Goodall, Alistair Brady, Maury Robinson and Dave Durham.

Don't know how practical it would be for any of these - but - I would enjoy reading about all of them.

One of the first riders I ever saw was Clive Hitch. My dad got friendly with him and bought a van from him c. 1961. so Clive would be an interesting choice for me.

Jack Millen.

Hitch with his funny style i loved watching him race, he was a proper racer! i Also i think Broady had a crab style a really great rider his World Final record superb also reaching the NL riders championship when an oldie i think he was in 1975 NL championship when Lee reached it at the age of 16 a number one at Boston Broady was a legend.

Hitch with his funny style i loved watching him race, he was a proper racer! i Also i think Broady had a crab style a really great rider his World Final record superb also reaching the NL riders championship when an oldie i think he was in 1975 NL championship when Lee reached it at the age of 16 a number one at Boston Broady was a legend.

Mike Broadbank had a knack for taking up the track. His riding style made him difficult to pass so once he was in front he usually won.

I first saw him in 1960 and was a fan from then on.

West Ham was my team from 1964 but I did like Swindon. Briggs, Broadbank, Ashby, Kilby...all great riders.

Mike Broadbank had a knack for taking up the track. His riding style made him difficult to pass so once he was in front he usually won.

I first saw him in 1960 and was a fan from then on.

West Ham was my team from 1964 but I did like Swindon. Briggs, Broadbank, Ashby, Kilby...all great riders.

Custom was Broady a true white liner? my uncle said Fundin also was one but a GREAT one. I often wondered if this was the reason that Craven had a great head to head record with Fundin what is your respected opinion.!!

My recollection of Mike is that he did not use all the track the way a lot of riders do, but his riding style made it look as if he did. By using the inside line and "spreading" himself he made other riders have to work harder to pass him. The "crab" style was very effective.

Does that make sense sidney?.

• Like 1

My recollection of Mike is that he did not use all the track the way a lot of riders do, but his riding style made it look as if he did. By using the inside line and "spreading" himself he made other riders have to work harder to pass him. The "crab" style was very effective.

Does that make sense sidney?.

It does to me CHR. :t:

I remember Broadbanks well - a great British Rider. I wish we had a few like him now. :t: