British Speedway Forum
Vincent Vega

Bspa Conference

It doesn't start until Monday, so not much will be heard until Wednesday sometime I would think.

Errmm, I thought it started on Friday and ended today!! :blink:

I think most arrived over there on Friday but the actual AGM does not start till Monday.

There is a meeting of EL Promoters sometime today to decide who is going to join EL for 2004 and conference proper starts tomorrow.

Why Tenerife? Could they not find a hotel here somewhere with conference facilities?

The idea originally was a bit like when all the archbishops lock themselves away to appoint a new Pope. Away from all the prying eyes and media. I am sure that sunshine and booze does not come into the equation. :shock::lol::D

Guest RickDia1

Don't you people realise that the AGM in Tenerife is just an excuse to have one big P*ss Up!

I mean why Tenerife? why not London or something? I know you will all say 'well its always been there' but thats the reason it is, just one big expensive holiday P*ss Up!

It would be more cost effective to stage it in England, do you really think they sit there for hours on end discussing new rules, points limits, etc when there is sun. sea, sand and S*x, I DON'T think so some how!

The AGM is just one big farce!!!!!!!

I think Waggy maybe a dark horse, well a bleached blonde one I mean! I can certainly see 'The Medallion Man' of speedway putting baby oil all over himself to try and pull someone!!!

Or maybe not, as one time in Manchester, Kings Lynn were riding and it was pouring down with rain and he had shorts and T-shirt on along with the Oakley shades! He can't forget those shades. LOL. Then on the restaging of meeting as the prior one was called off, it was glorious sunshine and he was wearing a full suit, along with a full padded jacket and a wooly hat! He looked a Prat! LOL

By the way Jim Lynch has gone over to represent Belle Vue, not John Perrin as he does not like flying! I think Perrin has made the right decision. I mean who would want to spend a week with about 30 other men??

Waggy reminds me of Dev from Coronation Street! Slimey and Cocky!

I think my earlier comments about Waggy are spot on!

Waggy 'The Medallion Man' of Speedway, has a kind of ring to it, don't ya think!

I wonder if the Tenerife holiday, oopps I mean AGM snaps are in the Speedway Star next week??

Waggy covered in baby oil sun bathing?

Colin Pratt with a 'Those Dam Sesgulls' Cap On?

Ian Thomas with a 'Kiss me quick' T-Shirt on?

Chris Van Straaten getting his beard and tash braided and beaded at the local shack!

Terry Russell Busking on the beach for money, as he is skint. Sporting a big gold chain round his neck, complete with David Dickinson 'Tan In A Can' spray on and a new nicely conditioned perm!

The rest of them eating an ice cream, with a 4 pack of Stella in the other hand whilst paddling in the sea!

Then the back page spread of the Star with a nice action shot of every promoter in a ring doing 'The Maccarena' in bermuda shorts!

After such a big P*ss up and holiday, someone pipes up on the plane and shouts '45', and the points limit is sorted!

I'm really sorry for exposing what really goes on in Tenerife, I do apologise!

Edited by RickDia1

Just stating facts thats all!!

Nope - just stating OPINION that's all!!! What is your REAL problem? Did Perrin come round to your house with the begging bowl to pay for Lynch's ticket or what?!!! :rolleyes:

I really don't give a flying fig if they go to outer mongolia providing they get some of the problems sorted. Sadly, this is unlikely to happen as 'self-interest' is the name of the game it seems! But THIS would be a problem wherever the meeting takes place and, as Speedy-star pointed out, it would probably be cheaper to go to Tenerife in November than hire conference facilities in this country!

Also the last time they held it here, many 'dodgy' changes got through because certain promoters decided to go home for some of the time, meaning that when some things went to a vote, only half the promoters were actually present to vote!!!

Whilst on the subject of voting - the amount of times some promoters 'abstain' rather than stick their neck out is ridiculous!!! CVS has said that there is one promoter last year (or possibly the year before, I can't remember) who actually admitted to abstaining for EVERY vote!!! This is a damn insult as far as I'm concerned...everyone has an opinion on something - even YOU, Rick ;) - fence sitters deserve to get splinters up their backside!!! :rolleyes:

Edited by lupus