British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
waco

Plymouth V Rye Frid 25th June

Cobras make the long journey to the west country without NO 1 Jamie Smith.. ,Tod Kurtz guests ...David Mason is also doubtfull if he does not make it R/R will operate..Marc Owen returns at no 4...With good weather forcast an excellent meeting is anticipated with a close result..

Edited by waco

Hope to see young Ben scoring alot of points from reserve.

Hope to see young Ben scoring alot of points from reserve.

Hope to see all the COBRAS score plenty of points.... especially the league points..Good luck tonight wish i could be there...

Would like to say well done to Plymouth, whole team rode really well and earned their win. Was some absolutely top class racing and certainly see why you get big crowds.

This was our first visit to Plymouth and would like to thank all those who came over and shook Marcs hand and congratulating him on his performance. This goes a long way to encouraging young riders. Marc hopes to be back if you ever have any individuals meetings.

Gordon

I recall seeing another 15 year old at Sittingbourne some years ago and

saying then that he couls have a serious future in British and world Speedway but made reservations about certain things in his attitide and future guidence - even then.

That was Lewis Bridger - Marc Owen appears to be a completely different person

and providing he is given sound guidence he has the whole speedway world ahead of him.

Talent on a bike is one thing but what goes on between the ears will always be

pivotal to how a rider progresses - and money of course !

A very good meeting according to reports .well done to the devils i had thought it would have been a tighter result.Another excellent showing from Marc Owen..The rest of the team reportedly rode hard for their points ,, in which individual scores perhaps did not reflect that effort..

A very good meeting according to reports .well done to the devils i had thought it would have been a tighter result.Another excellent showing from Marc Owen..The rest of the team reportedly rode hard for their points ,, in which individual scores perhaps did not reflect that effort..

Yes indeed it was a very good meeting. Marc Owen is a remarkable young talent. Lets hope his family can keep him well advised and away from the temptations and stupidity that fame, fortune and an over inflated impression of ones own worth so often brings - mentioning no names here of course. :neutral:

Before the meeting I would have taken any win by the Devils, including by 1 point, so 50-40 was as pleasing as it was unexpected. The track was recently 'bladed' and is now as flat as a billiard table. The past few meetings have seen a lot of FTG as a result and we were worried that this might be end of the good racing that we usually see at the SBA. But now the track seems to be sorting itself out and we saw a lot of passing last night both inside and out. Thanks to both teams for a highly entertaining meeting. :approve:

Edited by ancient mariner

don`t think there are any worries about young mr owen going down the wrong path, he and his family are some of the most genuine people i`ve met.

very well done to marc last night, he is surely in for glittering career in the sport.

please get in contact with gordon with any offers of help with bananas and deisel :lol::D

Edited by pitstop

Yes indeed it was a very good meeting. Marc Owen is a remarkable young talent. Lets hope his family can keep him well advised and away from the temptations and stupidity that fame, fortune and an over inflated impression of ones worth so often brings - mentioning no names here of course. :neutral:

Before the meeting I would have taken any win by the Devils, including by 1 point, so 50-40 was as pleasing as it was unexpected. The track was recently 'bladed' and is as flat as a billiard table. The past few meetings have seen a lot of FTG as a result and we were worried that this might be end end of the good racing that we usually see at the SBA. But now the track seems to be sorting itself out and we saw a lot of passing last night both inside and out. Thanks to both teams for a highly entertaining meeting. :approve:

The track is not sorting its self out,its down 2 alot of hard work from Nigel Prynne & Ashley Taylor.They work with very very basic tools & very poor material so credit where credits do .

Fantastic score from Marc Owen, disappointing score from Kyle Hughes... What on earth has happened to Lee Smethills? :blink:

Fantastic score from Marc Owen, disappointing score from Kyle Hughes... What on earth has happened to Lee Smethills? :blink:

No idea Shadders, but if you DO find out, please be sure to let us lot down at the SBA know.

Kyle would have scored more but was distracted from his racing in his last two heats 13 and 15, also not helped by poor starts in both these heats. As I stated earlier, the track is now totally different to how it was last time Kyle rode it.

Edited by ancient mariner

Kyle was very unfortunate in heat 13 as there should have been a re-run in my opinion as Seemond definitely jumped the start although Kyle was off the graveyard that is gate 4 anyway! Likewise in heat 15 he was off gate 4 again but actually got 2nd on the line although the ref gave it the other way. Those 2 heats were the deciding factors imo and both had dodgy refereeing decisions that could and maybe should have gone the other way!!

How do you make that out Torpointfanatic, in heat 13 some you win some you lose, you dont get instant replay, its not the first time its happened and it wont be the last, the ref did not think it was a jump start, what you think about it dont matter,who says he would have won heat 13 anyway, the way he was riding i dont think he would have, and you say both heats were deciding factors, even if the ref gave Kyle second place in heat 15 it would not have made any difference,i suppose you did not see his two finger gesture did you after heat 15 to the crowd, the team had some good luck for a change, dont knock it, but thats what you do, you never praise the team when they win, only have a go when they lose, same old story, i agree about Marc Owen great talent one of the best i have seen at the sba, showed Kyle the way to win races around the sba, not just a great rider for his age but also has a very good style.

Edited by Roger MARTIN

How do you make that out Torpointfanatic, in heat 13 some you win some you lose, you dont get instant replay, its not the first time its happened and it wont be the last, the ref did not think it was a jump start, what you think about it dont matter, and you say both heats were deciding factors, even if the ref gave Kyle second place in heat 15 it would not have made any difference, the team had some good luck for a change, dont knock it, but thats what you do, you never praise the team when they win, only have a go when they lose, same old story.

Torpoint is allowed a view on what happened in the meeting. Some people might think whatyouve said 'don't matter' but there's no need for such a blunt reply. Nothing wrong with stating if we had a bit of luck things could have been different.

Torpoint is allowed a view on what happened in the meeting. Some people might think whatyouve said 'don't matter' but there's no need for such a blunt reply. Nothing wrong with stating if we had a bit of luck things could have been different.

I think that their differences in opinions are that one is a speedway supporter and a speedway team supporter...