British Speedway Forum
waco

Cobras V Buxton Sat 26th June 7pm

nice to see Chris Widman getting among the points.

And can confirm he was very much on the pace and getting stuck in.

Also mucking in around the pits, a pleasure to have in the team.

Chopper

What a super match and a credit tto the National league, young riders enjoying themselves and providing some great entertainment, plenty of passing and pleanty of incidents. Well done both teams for a thoroughly entertaining match.

Owen, Morley, Hazelen, Garrity, Morris and Branford's efforts were excellent and Allotts swoop round Lee was also worth a mention.

The DVD with more replays than I can ever remember having to edit, is now ready from T2TV or can be collected at the track next Saturday.

The track was a bit grippy to start with ,causing problems for some,,but.settled down to provide some good racng.The Buxton team always give it a real go even though they were without a couple of riders.. The match could have gone either way and along with the do or die riding of Jason Garrity provided great entertainment..Marc Owen continues to improve at a fast rate..Kyle Hughes had one of his best meetings for the Cobras bringing home the bacon in heat 15..Ben Morley after falling when in front in his first went on to register a solid paid 9..Shane Hazelden after looping the loop in his first ride finished the meeting strongly with paid 5.Lee strudwick had to withdraw from the meeting after a fall in his 3rd ride(nothing to serious and hopes to make a quick return to racing)..guest Jerran Hart scoered 8+1 after a couple of falls..No 8 Tom Stokes rode well in his one R/R ride ...Allot was the stand out rider for Buxton with Robert Branford not far behind,, but both teams were a credit to the meeting..

Edited by waco

Exhausting - 8 reruns and 4 races awarded

Rye 48

Hughes 14, Owen 11+1, Hart (G) 8+1, Morley 7+2. Hazelden 4+1, Strudwick 3+2, Stokes (no8) 1

Buxton 41

Allott 11, Branford 8+2, Morris 6+1, Andersen (G) 6, Widman 5, Garrity 4+1, Andrews 1

Should have been an easy win on paper for the Cobras, but never more than 3 points in it until Cobras got a 5-1 in ht 13. A drawn heat in the next one sealed the win for the Cobras and Hughes's win in the last heat (after Hart fell) gave them the third match point.

Allott (ht 9), Hughes (ht 11) and Brandford (ht 12) all won races from the back.

Hughes dropped a single point to Allott, Owen looked sharpe.

Allott shone, while the three Aussies were all a bit unstable and inconsistent. Garrity had an eventful night including two falls, a tape and a two minute exclusion.

In case you were wondering where I disappeared to, Arnie - got a call from an anxious work colleague concerned that a riot was about to happen on the mean streets of Bow... As you've read nothing about it in the papers you can tell that my reassuring presence hot-foot from dusty Hoddesdon brought peace and good-will! Glad to hear the heats I missed were equally as eventful as the first half of the meeting; and well to the Hitmen for keeping it so close!!

Sorry to hear that Jane why is a good side like Buxton allowed to be decimated like this its not right...

It's because big men with money :rolleyes: decide they stand no chance of beating such a team unless they can put a wedge in the Buxton Team..... :angry: one rule stands for all, funny how rules just appear when convenient. :blink: Jealousy is the route of all evil. :mad: lol. I wish Buxton well and heres hoping they go onto many more wins and prove alot of random people wrong!! :lol:

It's because big men with money :rolleyes: decide they stand no chance of beating such a team unless they can put a wedge in the Buxton Team..... :angry: one rule stands for all, funny how rules just appear when convenient. :blink: Jealousy is the route of all evil. :mad: lol. I wish Buxton well and heres hoping they go onto many more wins and prove alot of random people wrong!! :lol:

Sad, but very true.

It's because big men with money decide they stand no chance of beating such a team unless they can put a wedge in the Buxton Team..... one rule stands for all, funny how rules just appear when convenient. Jealousy is the route of all evil. I wish Buxton well and heres hoping they go onto many more wins and prove alot of random people wrong!!

"big men with money"..?? :shock: In Speedway..?? :unsure: Shorely shome mistook..!!?? :blink:

Hello

I'm looking for detailed riders points and heat results to put in my website. Can anyone help me?

Thanks

"big men with money"..?? :shock: In Speedway..?? :unsure: Shorely shome mistook..!!?? :blink:

Ok to put it into another context just so you understand me> Men with power within the sport (not literal) who dig up amusing rules which in this case seemed unfair and convenient so to gain a win. (Understand?) :)

Ok to put it into another context just so you understand me> Men with power within the sport (not literal) who dig up amusing rules which in this case seemed unfair and convenient so to gain a win. (Understand?) :)

Why could it not wait until the end of the season so not to dis-hearten fans and riders!? It's just beyond me.. Yes I see that progression does come at some point but why mid season?

Hello

I'm looking for detailed riders points and heat results to put in my website. Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Really no one will help me?:(

The Cobras website has scores and rides taken but no individual heat results.

Guess you will have to wait like the rest of us till Buxton update their website.

Really no one will help me?:(

It looks like Christina has given you the wrong score. It should be 48-41 not 49-41 since there was a 5-0 in Heat 2.

Keep up the great work of posting scores from all over the world and for keeping them so up to date. It is a fantastic website.

Edited by Great Central

The Cobras website has scores and rides taken but no individual heat results.

Guess you will have to wait like the rest of us till Buxton update their website.

They are on the Buxton website now :) - Buxton Hitmen Speedway