British Speedway Forum
waco

Cobras V Buxton Sat 26th June 7pm

With the england football team now playing on sunday.. the rye house forum states this match will now be on sat evening 7pm ....Buxton could be without Craig Cook..Hopefully Jaimie Smith will return for the Cobras..

Ahem! cough - I have already started a thread on this meeting icon_lol.gificon_smile_wink.gif

Sorry it was not on my screen.did not realise it was so far down the list

A big win for the Cobras in prospect. Buxton have Adam Allott, Robert Branford, Jason Garrity, r/r and that's it.

A big win for the Cobras in prospect. Buxton have Adam Allott, Robert Branford, Jason Garrity, r/r and that's it.

thanks for the early team news jayne. is there any chance you could post the full buxton line up prior to the meeting. at the moment it's looking like i might give this one a miss. :unsure:

Sorry to hear that Jane why is a good side like Buxton allowed to be decimated like this its not right...

Edited by waco

Sorry to hear that Jane why is a good side like Buxton allowed to be decimated like this its not right...

Some promoters have protested that Charles cannot ride anymore as he now has a PL spot even though we had clearance. The funny thing is if the rule is followed to the letter of the rulebook it also rules out Craig Cook, Jerran Hart and Kyle Hughes :lol:

Edited by Jayne

Some promoters have protested that Charles cannot ride anymore as he now has a PL spot even though we had clearance. The funny thing is if the rule is followed to the letter of the rulebook it also rules out Craig Cook, Jerran Hart and Kyle Hughes :lol:

I don't like asking anyone to be a dobber, Jayne, but who are these 'Promoters' who appear to be dead-set on killing our sport? What sort of mentality have these people got? Buxton seems to be one of few clubs who're having a go at entertaining the public and now some green-eyed souls want to knock them for it.

No-one's going to attract a crowd by racing against a three-man team.

Best of Luck, Jayne, looks like you could do with some.

Cobras now without Jaimie Smith for this one ..Jerran Hart guests...and still no David Mason(illness)..Nick Morris could be back for Buxton can you confirm this Jane?

Isn't it due to Premier League starting averages though and the fact you can only sign for an NL team if below 4.00 at the start of the season?

Hughes and Cook started on 3.00's and Hart on 3.99 whatever they may be averaging now, Charles Wright's starting average for Redcar is above 4 so he is ineligible for Buxton.

Unfortunate for Buxton but I guess that is the risk of doubling up riders in any team and I would predict that Wright was waiting for a Premier League call as per Chris Mills.

Rumours abounding DownUnder of a new 11th-hour mystery signing by the Hitmen. Inspired by the Islanders signing of 44-year-old Ricky Scarboro, Buxton are looking at tracking an itinerant 45-y-o Aussie Swagman they found asleep under a tarp in the pits recently, clad in an Adelaide Crows Footy Guernsey. Apparently he knows which end of a bike is the pointy end and is willing to ride for beer money, which along with his accent and a threatening letter demanding money, from a long-lost Pommie Relative, should be all the qualifications he needs. Cometh the Hour, cometh the man!!

Best of Luck Chopper!!

Rumours abounding DownUnder of a new 11th-hour mystery signing by the Hitmen. Inspired by the Islanders signing of 44-year-old Ricky Scarboro, Buxton are looking at tracking an itinerant 45-y-o Aussie Swagman they found asleep under a tarp in the pits recently, clad in an Adelaide Crows Footy Guernsey. Apparently he knows which end of a bike is the pointy end and is willing to ride for beer money, which along with his accent and a threatening letter demanding money, from a long-lost Pommie Relative, should be all the qualifications he needs. Cometh the Hour, cometh the man!!

Best of Luck Chopper!!

Love it :D:D:D You may or may not be joking but I did tell him to get out on track :)

OMG! :shock::blink: And there was I trying to keep quiet the fact that I saw Chopper ride in his heyday! :rolleyes: If my memory is not deceiving me, I think it was a Wednesday! :D

Edited by Bryn

Cobras now without Jaimie Smith for this one ..Jerran Hart guests...and still no David Mason(illness)..Nick Morris could be back for Buxton can you confirm this Jane?

Just had confirmation that Nick will indeed be at Rye House tomorrow :)

OMG! :shock::blink: And there was I trying to keep quiet the fact that I saw Chopper ride in his heyday! :rolleyes: If my memory is not deceiving me, I think it was a Wednesday! :D

...........and what a Wednesday it was!!