British Speedway Forum
waco

Cobras V Buxton Sat 26th June 7pm

Any updates for this saucy encounter?

I really hope Buxton give the Cobras a good seeing too.

feelings mutual the other way Lee :)

Hopefully Sue'll find a texter: wouldn't want to miss Chopper's big comeback match. Apparently he's still got a valid South Australian moped license so that should cover him riding. His class may be temporary but his form is permanent, and I'm sure if he traps well and gets his nose out in front he'll be able to rely on his superior width to bring home the bacon, if not the whole pig.

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

Last call.....still looking for a texter, anyone?

i think most people are still recovering from handing over £25 to watch last sundays double header!. :blink:

i think most people are still recovering from handing over £25 to watch last sundays double header!. :blink:

I gave it a miss tonight... Didn't fancy the bus, two tubes and a train to get there and the same on the return journey.

I gave it a miss tonight... Didn't fancy the bus, two tubes and a train to get there and the same on the return journey.

you and me both. it's the same journey for me from south of the river. i'm still feeling tired from going to lakeside last night in that heat!. :lol:

According to BSPA site:

Rye House 48 - Kyle Hughes 14

Buxton 41 - Adam Allott 11

Exhausting - 8 reruns and 4 races awarded

Rye 48

Hughes 14, Owen 11+1, Hart (G) 8+1, Morley 7+2. Hazelden 4+1, Strudwick 3+2, Stokes (no8) 1

Buxton 41

Allott 11, Branford 8+2, Morris 6+1, Andersen (G) 6, Widman 5, Garrity 4+1, Andrews 1

Should have been an easy win on paper for the Cobras, but never more than 3 points in it until Cobras got a 5-1 in ht 13. A drawn heat in the next one sealed the win for the Cobras and Hughes's win in the last heat (after Hart fell) gave them the third match point.

Allott (ht 9), Hughes (ht 11) and Brandford (ht 12) all won races from the back.

Hughes dropped a single point to Allott, Owen looked sharpe.

Allott shone, while the three Aussies were all a bit unstable and inconsistent. Garrity had an eventful night including two falls, a tape and a two minute exclusion.

Edited by arnieg

Another valiant effort by the depleted Hitmen tonight. If only they could have kept Charles Wright, the league table could be looking very different tonight. :cry: Could someone please let me know the first names of the riders named Widman and Andrews who rode tonight so I can update the stats on the Buxton Facebook page. Thanks. :-)

Another valiant effort by the depleted Hitmen tonight. If only they could have kept Charles Wright, the league table could be looking very different tonight. :cry: Could someone please let me know the first names of the riders named Widman and Andrews who rode tonight so I can update the stats on the Buxton Facebook page. Thanks. :-)

Chris Widman and Marc Andrews who both stepped into the gap created by this weeks events - thanks guys.

Chris Widman and Marc Andrews who both stepped into the gap created by this weeks events - thanks guys.

So Chopper never got to have a skid? Good to see you didn't have to scrape the barrel!

nice to see Chris Widman getting among the points.