British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cityrebel

Mildenhall V Bournemouth Sunday June 27

i feel sorry for the fen tigers this sunday. firstly having to face bournemouth on track as well as england v germany off track. :unsure:

Are Mildenhall keeping the same start time??..total suicide if so tbh.Won't be hardly anyone there

Are Mildenhall keeping the same start time??..total suicide if so tbh.Won't be hardly anyone there

It is highly ironic that after several eweeks without a home meeting, this one comes on thje same day as England v Germany.

Tricky one - would the stadium owner consider opening the bar early enough to show the match in full, I wonder?! Even so, there will doubtless be many people who wont be in any state to drive to West Row after watching the match in the pub.

Not even sure the rain will be around to intervene and save the situation.

With changes to the promotion in the offing, what I would say, with all due respect, is that Mildenhall need to become more comercially proactive.

Edited by neil3065

My understanding was - and it's in Ray's promoters' notes for the last meeting (the Fours..) - that the stadium and the stadium bar will be open early enuff for people who choose to, to get there and watch the game before the meeting. :neutral:

I guess one fly in the ointment is the possibility of extra time, taking the finish up to gone 5pm and if there were penalties to way past half five... :cry:

I feel for the promtion though...: England were in their easiest WC qualifying group EVER - they surely HAD to finish top in which case their game would've been Saturday night... It's very bad luck on Mildenhall that this unexpected clash has now happened... :cry:

Hi

The Fenman Bar at the stadium will be open from 2.45 for anyone that wishes to watch the football,supporters are asked to park in the normal carpark and make their way to the back gate where they will be able to pay their admission.

The front turnstiles will be open at the normal time.

Many Thanks

Steve

England were in their easiest WC qualifying group EVER - they surely HAD to finish top in which case their game would've been Saturday night... It's very bad luck on Mildenhall that this unexpected clash has now happened... :cry:

Point taken, England did have every chance to have won the group and ought to have been playing tonight, therefore avoiding overlap with Mildenhall's fixture tomorrow - that said, there always was a chance that this situation would arise :blink:

Edited by neil3065

Not a bad meeting at all, with some good racing from both sides.

Much credit must go to Joe Evans for producing a track that not only allowed the riders to have a go but also did not have huge quantities of dust about on a very hot (88dgs) day indeed. :approve:

I think it was because of the help he had before the meeting. :o:D

Best performance I have seen from young Mr Rayson, only a foot away from a paid 15pt maximum. Even if has substantially sharpened up his gating, his last race proved that he still hasn't lost the ability to go past opponents that we all love. Could be a very big second half of the season for Oliver and, for that matter, for JJ too.

Quick word of praise to for the impressive Kyle Howarth - not many away riders pass two homesters anywhere, particularly if they take one on the last bend.

Another excellent result for the Fen Tigers in their bid to keep hold of a coveted play-off place, against a very useful looking Bournemouth line-up.

The result must have made it all worthwhile for those who, unlike me, chose not to stay away for the damp squib that was the England game!!!! Fair play to them all!!! :wink:

As Halifax said the continued good form of Olly and Joe is very pleasing to see - long may they continue to back-up Jerran and Barrie with decent scores like these. We all know what Matt, Luke and Nick can produce when at their best, so let's hope they can get back to that kind of form in the very near future.

Edited by neil3065

For those who missed an entertaning meeting, the DVD is now available to buy from the National League page on www.webjam.com/speedwayondvd