British Speedway Forum
BOSS

New Weymouth Signing?

Has anyone got any news on the replacement for Weymouth's Terry Day? One or two whispers going around down here but would prefer to here it from the club.

If it's all hot air, would they have to use their number 8 or is there another option?

Also where is this super dooper new team manager that Mr Bartlett was talking about a little while ago,or was S----y not interested in the end?

Has anyone got any news on the replacement for Weymouth's Terry Day? One or two whispers going around down here but would prefer to here it from the club.

If it's all hot air, would they have to use their number 8 or is there another option?

Looks like our friend rider replacement with a place staying open for Terry :wink:

Also where is this super dooper new team manager that Mr Bartlett was talking about a little while ago,or was S----y not interested in the end?

No one has been quoted by the club, check the press releases :wink:

I did'nt say it had been quoted,just listening to the grape vine, surprising what you hear, right or wrong.

Edited by kevlars

I spoke at length to an ex rider who was considered for the job of team manager but he turned it down as he felt things weren't right for him to accept the post.

That's the Dorset Echo not a club statement or press release and you have to take the newspapers as you find them, not always 100% accurate, look at today's piece it says Buzz could be riding tonight after his club has already issued a press release saying he is on holiday! I prefer the facts personally but hey they have a job to do to sell newspapers and to spruce it up a little with poetic licence it's their job :rolleyes:

Edited by stressed

That's the Dorset Echo not a club statement or press release and you have to take the newspapers as you find them, not always 100% accurate, look at today's piece it says Buzz could be riding tonight after his club has already issued a press release saying he is on holiday! I prefer the facts personally but hey they have a job to do to sell newspapers and to spruce it up a little with poetic licence it's their job :rolleyes:

I can not beleive this post from the new club press officer :blink:

Having spent a great deal of time with others i may point out working with the echo to get weymouth speedway press coverage

weymouth Speedway needs the echo this post is not helping the cause one bit (the reporters read this forum) so what did the reporter just make it up about a new team manager :blink:

weymouth Speedway fans have been upset The riders have been upset now lets upset weymouth speedway media partner as well why not add them to the banned list at the wessex stadium as well :o

Having spent a great deal of time with others i may point out working with the echo to get weymouth speedway press coverage

weymouth Speedway needs the echo this post is not helping the cause one bit (the reporters read this forum) so what did the reporter just make it up about a new team manager :blink:

weymouth Speedway fans have been upset The riders have been upset now lets upset weymouth speedway media partner as well why not add them to the banned list at the wessex stadium as well :o

Good post wessexboy, it all seems a bit of a shambles.

Good post wessexboy, it all seems a bit of a shambles.

Ok George you are obviously a great fan of Sci-Fi :P

So in my post I state that Buzz wasn't going to be riding because he was on a previously book holiday . . . Fact. Unfortunately the reporter got it wrong, that's life, they do get things wrong because of the pressure of time which is never on their side having to cram so much in during their working day.

Newspapers do hype up stories, again another fact, just look at how the so call national football team were hyped up to the whole country by the majority of newspapers who were doing their bit to cash in on a sporting event which would help sell a few more copies. As I said it's their job to hype and spruce any story up to get the best out of it for their situation. . . . selling newspapers.

Why would the local newspaper reporter be unhappy? Shows how much you know as I was having a chat and laugh with him tonight in the referee's box :approve:

Oh yes I forgot to add I also have a good working relationship with the local newspaper as well as I have since 2003 with the various journalists and editors who have been and gone. The current lads are a great bunch but like I have said they are there to do a job of selling newspapers without which they won't have a job hence the reason why certain parts of stories are highlighted with poetic licence and pushed to get maximum effect in their column inches.