British Speedway Forum
waco

Scunthorpe Saints V ...rye Cobras Sun 4th July

Rye Cobras head north to take on the Saints in the second half of a double header starting at 5pm ..,Jaimie Smith should return,,but David Mason is still missing from the line up will use R/R to cover..Saints without Buzz Burrows i believe are using R/R..Should be a cracking match with a close result..

Edited by waco

Rye Cobras head north to take on the Saints in the second half of a double header starting at 5pm ..,Jaimie Smith should return,,but David Mason is still missing from the line up will use R/R to cover..Saints without Buzz Burrows i believe are using R/R..Should be a cracking match with a close result..

will Tyson Nelson be riding for Rye?

Why have they signed him? Thought he d signed for Sheffield?

Didnt Scunny try to sign him? But he wasnt allowed to ride National League?

Edited by Superstar1

will Tyson Nelson be riding for Rye?

Well he was in second half action at Rye tonight but I don't think we have signed him given the story in Speedway Star for Sheffield as Fozzie says above, but we should have a work permit free to use!

One thing to mention is that he looks more Sam Masters rather than Kurt Shields atleast.

Well he was in second half action at Rye tonight but I don't think we have signed him given the story in Speedway Star for Sheffield as Fozzie says above, but we should have a work permit free to use!

One thing to mention is that he looks more Sam Masters rather than Kurt Shields atleast.

Has the lad actually signed a contract for Sheffield yet? If not, stick him in for Luke and steal a march, looks like he could hold a 5 point pl average, forget about him riding nl ;)

Well he was in second half action at Rye tonight but I don't think we have signed him given the story in Speedway Star for Sheffield as Fozzie says above,

I wouldnt be so sure,think some folk in Sheffield are gonna be very unhappy when the see the rye house team today!!!!!

I wouldnt be so sure,think some folk in Sheffield are gonna be very unhappy when the see the rye house team today!!!!!

I'm guessing Tyson is in for David Mason then, whilst it is another Aussie coming into the league, seeing him last night he can be no worse than Magic has this season and he has a reputation as one for the future. It means we have also made a ruthless transfer move, snatching him from under Sheffields nose perhaps, the last rider we did that with (Wuffy) is now a World Class rider ;)

I'm guessing Tyson is in for David Mason then

Very much doubt it, as there have been complications with Tyson getting a working permit.

Very much doubt it, as there have been complications with Tyson getting a working permit.

As I understand it, apparently we have a permit for Kurt Shields which can be used for someone else, whether that stipulates who or what level, i'm not sure. Thats how Worky got Kenny Ingalls, they had a permit for Tom Hedley which was unused last season. Honestly I have no idea how the minefield of work permits work, but that's what i'm assuming.

As I understand it, apparently we have a permit for Kurt Shields which can be used for someone else, whether that stipulates who or what level, i'm not sure. Thats how Worky got Kenny Ingalls, they had a permit for Tom Hedley which was unused last season. Honestly I have no idea how the minefield of work permits work, but that's what i'm assuming.

Work permit riders are not permitted in the NL so totally irrelevant whether Rye have a 'spare permit'.

Just wait and see later !!!!!

Work permit riders are not permitted in the NL so totally irrelevant whether Rye have a 'spare permit'.

They can ride on a "holiday visa/permit thingy"

Any one coming over from sheff,it a lovely afternoon and a well stocked Bar to drown your sorrows

They can ride on a "holiday visa/permit thingy"

Any one coming over from sheff,it a lovely afternoon and a well stocked Bar to drown your sorrows

Its actually a youth mobility visa (tier 5) but he hasnt got one of those either :o

Edited by Jayne

Its actually a youth mobility visa (tier 5) but he hasnt got one of those either :o

Ok,so does that mean he cant ride at Scunny today then Jayne?

Ok,so does that mean he cant ride at Scunny today then Jayne?

Well legally no but Im sure he will do anyway :(