British Speedway Forum
waco

Scunthorpe Saints V ...rye Cobras Sun 4th July

I see yet another thread on this forum (this board in particular recently) has descended into abuse and borderline racism, what a fine way to show support for the riders and to keep people reading the forum. The fall out from this incident is simple. Rye have been told Tyson cannot race anymore although we can keep the points he has scored for now, thats as far as it should go. If the points are deducted in the long run fine, but until then this thread should be put to bed, rather than all the abuse which is just going round in a vicious circle with no sign of an end.

I see yet another thread on this forum (this board in particular recently) has descended into abuse and borderline racism, what a fine way to show support for the riders and to keep people reading the forum. The fall out from this incident is simple. Rye have been told Tyson cannot race anymore although we can keep the points he has scored for now, thats as far as it should go. If the points are deducted in the long run fine, but until then this thread should be put to bed, rather than all the abuse which is just going round in a vicious circle with no sign of an end.

This thread will probably run and run, probably esculate until the speedway authorities show some common sense and dish out some justice.

Rye tried to pull a fast one and got caught out...cheated, used an illegal rider...serious enough offence but as yet seems they've got away with it unpunished. Whilst on the other hand, Scunny quite rightly rode under protest, their suspicions were deemed correct by the powers that be..yet his (Nelsons) points still count..result stands? Whats all that about then! Wheres the justice in that?

I'm a Scunny supporter...to me The Saints are all about developing our young kids, they're a joy to watch. I'm not bothered where they finish in the league table, i'm not desparate for league points to be awarded in our direction..but at the same time I don't believe Rye deserve to keep the 4 points they walked away with.

All I and many others want to see is justice done....why does it take the BSPA, SCB or whoever so long to issue a statement on the situation?

Edited by Albert

This thread will probably run and run, probably esculate until the speedway authorities show some common sense and dish out some justice.

Rye tried to pull a fast one and got caught out...cheated, used an illegal rider...serious enough offence but as yet seems they've got away with it unpunished. Whilst on the other hand, Scunny quite rightly rode under protest, their suspicions were deemed correct by the powers that be..yet his (Nelsons) points still count..result stands? Whats all that about then! Wheres the justice in that?

I'm a Scunny supporter...to me The Saints are all about developing our young kids, they're a joy to watch. I'm not bothered where they finish in the league table, i'm not desparate for league points to be awarded in our direction..but at the same time I don't believe Rye deserve to keep the 4 points they walked away with.

All I and many others want to see is justice done....why does it take the BSPA, SCB or whoever so long to issue a statement on the situation?

I understand the situation, I was present at the meeting. The problem here is the arguments will just bounce backwards and forwards, I have no issue with the discussion, just the level of personal abuse which has seemingly become the norm on this forum recently. Considering the amount of posts made by members here in recent times on a range of subjects which could improve British speedway, none of which have come to fruition, I doubt this thread will be taken in to consideration at any form of enquiry on the meeting unfortunately.

I understand the situation, I was present at the meeting. The problem here is the arguments will just bounce backwards and forwards, I have no issue with the discussion, just the level of personal abuse which has seemingly become the norm on this forum recently. Considering the amount of posts made by members here in recent times on a range of subjects which could improve British speedway, none of which have come to fruition, I doubt this thread will be taken in to consideration at any form of enquiry on the meeting unfortunately.

Has there been any other press release on this from the BSPA or SCB???or only the "at present" release from Rye House??

Has there been any other press release on this from the BSPA or SCB???or only the "at present" release from Rye House??

I believe only the Rye press release has been released and generally Rye's press releases are quite sketchy. If this is subject to a Scunthorpe approval, we could be waiting a long time, remember the Ipswich v Swindon saga a year or so back regarding Joel parsons riding, as far as I recall that situation was never resolved even though it happened early in the season!

I believe only the Rye press release has been released and generally Rye's press releases are quite sketchy. If this is subject to a Scunthorpe approval, we could be waiting a long time, remember the Ipswich v Swindon saga a year or so back regarding Joel parsons riding, as far as I recall that situation was never resolved even though it happened early in the season!

I think the scunthorpe approval is answered by them riding under protest

I think the scunthorpe approval is answered by them riding under protest

Sorry I was supposed to type appeal, however my phones predictive typing assumed I was writing approval :s :lol: I'm sure Scunthorpe will appeal as this could effect the outcome of the league title. Although I am a Rye fan, Tyson was ineligible so the right thing should be done in the interest of the sport.

Sorry I was supposed to type appeal, however my phones predictive typing assumed I was writing approval :s :lol: I'm sure Scunthorpe will appeal as this could effect the outcome of the league title. Although I am a Rye fan, Tyson was ineligible so the right thing should be done in the interest of the sport.

Just out of interest does anyone know whether Scunny would have to pay for an appeal? Not that this case should need an appeal, surely a bit of common sense from the powers that be would bring the whole situation to an amicable end....I won't hold my breath though.

Thank you for the get well messages. Update on Marc, is that he went to the fracture clinic on Friday and had another x-ray and also a CT scan. Results were collected yesterday and his collarbone is slightly out of alignment. They are as yet not going to operate and are hoping with the exercises he has been given, it will heal on its own. He does however need to go back in 2 weeks time for more x-rays to ensure that it is still healing well.

Yvonne