British Speedway Forum
waco

Scunthorpe Saints V ...rye Cobras Sun 4th July

I've just got in from this fantastic meeting, which outshone the first by a mile, Ty aside, Shane Hazelden was brilliant for Rye, whilst until his unfortunate crash, Marc owen looked very good too, I hope he is ok as it looked pretty alarming.

I also hope that Marc makes a swift recovery. Nasty looking "high - side" after Benji slipped under Marc on Bend 3 and seemed to take the young lad by surprise.

Get well soon.

I hope young Marc Owen is going to be alright wish you well lad..Well done Shane..I cant comment further on this meeting and that really annoys me !!

POW...young aussie scores monster points on debut for cobras....rocket ben...go back and read your posts on heathens signing...the words two and faced seem appropriate.

Not at all, Tyson isn't taking a young Brits place, unless you class David Mason as a young Brit, if you actually read my posts there you would see I stated I did not agree with Aussies in the NL, however whilst it is in the rules it is allowed and there's no changing it. And two faced is a completely wrong example to use... It's lucky I could understand bad grammar, otherwise I'd have ignored this post.

Montie is spot on, i have no problem with these young Australian lads coming into the British league, but give them a cma that is right,now if the lad is on a 6 point assesed average like two faced RocketBen says, can anybody see him going into the PL on a 12 point cma, no way, it seems their is one rule for British lads and another for non British lads, it stinks to me, and who ever is running this should be very proud to see the way he is ruining the sport, he is a disgrace.

If you'd read my other posts in other threads you would see I have suggested if we use Aussies at this level then they should come in on 8 point averages. Of course anything for a dig Roger, or should I call you wembley81? ;) I think that's personal abuse again...

Back to speedway issues rather than petulance, can any more light be shed on whether Tyson has actually signed for Rye, or what the arangement is with him racing for the Cobras?

Edited by RocketBen1

This episode just shows another reason why we should scrap the "development" name in the NDL as this is clearly a third tier with a win at all costs mentality from some promoters and before someone says it, yes I know Mildenhall used Dakota North and then, when he was injured Taylor Poole but but it does not make it right.

I wish it wasnt, and I wish British Lads come first but some hope :mad:

At least we are bringing on local lads Oliver Rayson and Joe Jacobs, and youngsters like Nick Laurence

Your doing your bit Nikko in trying to help the young british lads, like Rob Godfrey and a few others are........Keep up the good work!......People don't seem to realise these kids are bitish speedway for the future.

Not at all, Tyson isn't taking a young Brits place, unless you class David Mason as a young Brit, if you actually read my posts there you would see I stated I did not agree with Aussies in the NL, however whilst it is in the rules it is allowed and there's no changing it. And two faced is a completely wrong example to use... It's lucky I could understand bad grammar, otherwise I'd have ignored this post.

So what about heat 11,?didnt Nelson take the place of a young Brit?

So what about heat 11,?didnt Nelson take the place of a young Brit?

Yeah he did, I agree that he didn't need to as we were on the way to a comfortable victory, I don't understand Montie, all day yesterday you were Nelson, Nelson, Nelson, now that a majority here are against it, you have jumped bandwaggon.

Not at all, Tyson isn't taking a young Brits place, unless you class David Mason as a young Brit,

But a young Brit could have replaced Mason...

Surely Uncle Lennie has first dibs on young Nelson, otherwise I am at a complete loss to understand why he would be included at Reserve for Rye. What on earth would they have to gain by including him, apart from gaining an away victory. I would find it hard to accept that Uncle Lennie would go down this route just to win a NL speedway meet.

Surely Uncle Lennie has first dibs on young Nelson, otherwise I am at a complete loss to understand why he would be included at Reserve for Rye. What on earth would they have to gain by including him, apart from gaining an away victory. I would find it hard to accept that Uncle Lennie would go down this route just to win a NL speedway meet.

Because Rye House Cobras are now second in the NL - 4 pts away from the leaders, with a game in hand - after this meeting...

Yes they are either with patriality or a youth mobility visa (tier 5). Does Tyson have either?????

If he had patriality then I doubt Sheffield would have been having problems with the paperwork. Tyson is 17 and the youth mobility scheme is for those 18 and over. Thats No, No and, on a proper count back, 46 - 41 to the Saints.

Because Rye House Cobras are now second in the NL - 4 pts away from the leaders, with a game in hand - after this meeting...

That would mean Uncle Lennie has given up on his principles of devoloping young Brtish talent for his Premier league side, just for a shot at top spot in the 3rd tier of British Speedway. I find that hard to believe. He is a well respected man who i am sure wouldnt lower himself to that level, would he ?

Why do you find it hard to accept just look at the team he put together at the beginning of the season.

After many years of running teams full of youngsters and getting nowhere he decided to try and put together a team that would challenge for the playoffs so you have current or ex PL riders in Jamie Smith, Kyle Hughes and David Mason and this weekend he had the chance to put in a young aussie, who on recent showings could make all the difference - and he did.

Whether you agree with it or not, the decision to ride Nelson fits in with Rye Houses plans this year to try and win the league.

Is this what the league is about ??? well most threads on the NDL section discuss that point !!

Whilst writing, thanks June for your comments it nice to be appreciated.

Have to say is it tough helping the young british lads, just look at what has happened recently to one of my riders, Mark Baseby.

Now Mark would be the first to admit he wasnt scoring for Somerset as well as he wanted but it certainly was not for the lack of effort.

Then he replaced by an Australian rider whose average is only 0.3 more than Marks.

Parents and fans spend £1000s of pounds trying to get the young brits the best equiptment and help they can and sometimes you wonder why we bother.

This is the biggest question from yesterday. Why did Rye House use an over-qualified new rider ?

On the plus side of the ledger is the use of a seven man-team rather than six plus R/R, which always seems to short-change the paying public, in a way. However, unless this was a one-off "guest" appearance, then Rye's motives require a full explanation pronto.

This is the biggest question from yesterday. Why did Rye House use an over-qualified new rider ?

On the plus side of the ledger is the use of a seven man-team rather than six plus R/R, which always seems to short-change the paying public, in a way. However, unless this was a one-off "guest" appearance, then Rye's motives require a full explanation pronto.

Short changed the public ? How do Scunny fans feel about having an over qualified rider take their young chargers to the cleaners ? How much damage does this kind thing do to a fellow Promotors business ? Even if the result is amended, the fans will have seen a massive away victory. Does anyone know if Uncle Lennie had clearance to use Nelson, or did he just fly a kite and hope ? If its the latter, then he should hang his head in shame. Maybe the Sport should introduce a points deduction, as in Football, for such actions. Plus slap a fine into the offending club.

Nikko: I guess Mildenhall should sack Evans, Priest and to a lesser extent Matt Wright as this League is about development as you say.

Rye have been known for more recent years to field young British riders, which we still are as we have Marc Owen 15, Shane Hazelden 15 and Ben Morley 16 I count that to be more teenagers than Mildenhall have in their team?

We have decided to go with a stronger approach this season as the crowds have been poor for National League racing so would you rather the National club folded and no youngsters were allowed to progress?

I can see both sides to the argument for Nelson, we must have used him with the intentions of him being in our Premier side and we have used Tom Stokes regularly this season but maybe he wasn't available?

His average is 6th in the team so there are no arguments about him being at reserve and David Mason has been missing in our recent fixtures possibly retired?

As for Morley being punished for moving main team it was only in the program notes this week at Rye that he was slightly unhappy about moving to reserve as you can only improve by moving main team, I'm sure he wasn't too worried yesterday as it's been a track he's rode fairly well before, did last year anyway.

Out of the two meetings this was by far the best as it was in the double header last year and well worth the admission fee, best wishes to Marc Owen it certainly was quite a fall.