Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rob 3

Stoke Sign Bager And Vissing Leaves

not having a go at all, I can think of three times Tomicek has been discussed by myself, twice on threads relating to him, here and when he signed for Somerset as well as a third thread in which I made a general comment on that subject, to which you replied with a petulant remark regarding Tomicek thus that 'conversation' began.

You can throw words and insults around all you want Tsunami, you are the one coming across childish here yet again. I don't give a damn about Tomiceks personal life, that's not my business, what he does on a speedway track, however I can say whatever I bloody well like about. You talk about impartiality yet your own views are not neutral, you are contradicting yourself. Maybe if you gave a reasoned argument rather than patronising and name calling then I'd take you seriously. You clearly wanted to start an argument with myself and or Najjer on this thread Tsunami, the quote below is the spark which lit the fuse, to use an analogy.

Time you and SillyBen grew up I think. :D

You mean like some are with Fisher, or Kalle, or Wolbert Or.......... :D

They're decent riders though, Tomicek isn't. He failed on countless times to beat reserves when he rode for Somerset so even having him in the team on a 4 point average is a waste of time as he won't improve that.

Added to the fact, Stoke's team is poor, this signing doesn't change a thing.

They're decent riders though, Tomicek isn't. He failed on countless times to beat reserves when he rode for Somerset so even having him in the team on a 4 point average is a waste of time as he won't improve that.

So a rider who has averaged over 5.00 in the Elite League in the recent past won't average 4.00 in the Premier League????? :blink:

In the words of Captain Mainwaring, "Stupid boy". ;):P

All the best

Rob

Its so obvious hes lowered his average on purpose,a 4.5 rider doesnt become a 3 point rider so quickly and how convenient he just managed to do 12 meetings.

The same could be therefore said of Lewis Bridger & Matej Zagar for example both have dropped around 2 points from their season starting averages but then again for example Kenneth Bjerre & Darcy Ward have upped their starting averages by around 2 points a meeting as i said some go up others will go down its just the way it goes & if your accusing him of this then you should include every rider whose average has dropped this season.

So a rider who has averaged over 5.00 in the Elite League in the recent past won't average 4.00 in the Premier League????? :blink:

All the best

Rob

Don't be so stupid - I never said he wouldn't average 4.00, I said he wouldn't improve it :rolleyes:

All the best

Rob

Lubos' average from 10 PL meetings this season is 4.09. It's all about the facts as Tsunami keeps saying, and that figure is a fact. He has dropped more than half his average.

Lubos' average from 10 PL meetings this season is 4.09. It's all about the facts as Tsunami keeps saying, and that figure is a fact. He has dropped more than half his average.

Facts can be made to say what you want. I could say he is averaging 6 for Stoke, which is approximately what Vissing was averaging, so we haven't lost out in any way...

Facts can be made to say what you want. I could say he is averaging 6 for Stoke, which is approximately what Vissing was averaging, so we haven't lost out in any way...

But that isn't a true reflection as Tomicek has ridden 1 meeting for you. He had a decent first meeting for us and then was useless. If he misses the gate he has no hope, as he never moves more than a few inches from the white line and gets a nose bleed when he gets within a few feet of another rider.

Try telling Tsunami that :lol: Even if he is averaging 6 for you thats still dropping 3 points from his average and the figure he gains as a Green Sheet average will be combined with Somerset meetings. If signing a nine point man and hoping he averages six is what Stoke want, things must be pretty grim for you this season.

Try telling Tsunami that :lol: Even if he is averaging 6 for you thats still dropping 3 points from his average and the figure he gains as a Green Sheet average will be combined with Somerset meetings. If signing a nine point man and hoping he averages six is what Stoke want, things must be pretty grim for you this season.

It all depends on what you do when his average drops. If, for example, his average drops and we then use the 4 points to strengthen up somewhere else in the team, is it such a bad thing? We haven't had the best of luck this season, losing Bunyan after 3 meetings, and now he has a broken arm, Roynon rode 3 meetings then broke his ankle, Jakobsen decided he couldn't be bothered to turn up, Holder was useless, and Rajkowski didn't have a bike that wanted to move! The fact that we have only been able to field a complete team in 3 official fixtures this season sums it up for me. It's been a terrible year for us, but we keep plugging the gaps with the best that we can. Given a choice between having Tomicek and having an NL rider at 1, I know who I would pick every day of the week. Sometimes, these things are forced upon you. Let's face it, who would have thought Smart would have averaged nearly 6, or Graversen would be averaging about 5? These are the chances we take when our team is falling apart!

It all depends on what you do when his average drops. If, for example, his average drops and we then use the 4 points to strengthen up somewhere else in the team, is it such a bad thing? We haven't had the best of luck this season, losing Bunyan after 3 meetings, and now he has a broken arm, Roynon rode 3 meetings then broke his ankle, Jakobsen decided he couldn't be bothered to turn up, Holder was useless, and Rajkowski didn't have a bike that wanted to move! The fact that we have only been able to field a complete team in 3 official fixtures this season sums it up for me. It's been a terrible year for us, but we keep plugging the gaps with the best that we can. Given a choice between having Tomicek and having an NL rider at 1, I know who I would pick every day of the week. Sometimes, these things are forced upon you. Let's face it, who would have thought Smart would have averaged nearly 6, or Graversen would be averaging about 5? These are the chances we take when our team is falling apart!

As I have said previously, the points you lose from Lubos will be used presumably to bring in a 8/9 point man for a lower order rider, so why waste time with a 4 pointer at number 1, when you could bring in a heatleader who can hold their figure now? Yes, you have had a tough time, however it was a pretty wide spread opinion pre-season your team would fly or flop, unfortunately it has been the latter.

As I have said previously, the points you lose from Lubos will be used presumably to bring in a 8/9 point man for a lower order rider, so why waste time with a 4 pointer at number 1, when you could bring in a heatleader who can hold their figure now? Yes, you have had a tough time, however it was a pretty wide spread opinion pre-season your team would fly or flop, unfortunately it has been the latter.

Ok, who would you bring in as a heat leader on a 9 point average? We have had this discussion on the terraces lots, and for one reason or another, there simply wasn't the number 1 to bring in! Somerset went with Lubos first, and now have Hefenbrock, so it isn't just us struggling for a top line rider! Workington haven't had a number 1 all season!

Ok, who would you bring in as a heat leader on a 9 point average? We have had this discussion on the terraces lots, and for one reason or another, there simply wasn't the number 1 to bring in! Somerset went with Lubos first, and now have Hefenbrock, so it isn't just us struggling for a top line rider! Workington haven't had a number 1 all season!

I see your point, however the dearth of number 1 riders will still be there when Lubos' gets his new average so you will find yourself trying to replace a lower end rider with a top rider still. You are currently under the 42.5 limit, so replacing two riders, say Stichaer (he was on the way out earlier on in the year supposedly) and Tomicek, plus the points you are under the limit by now gives you 15.15 to play with, you can bring in two riders around 7 points each or a 10 point man and a rider to fill the lower end gap. There may not be many riders on nine point averages, howerer there are plenty I can think of on 10 points.

Surely this ruins the theory that when Tomicek gets a new average, a real number 1 can be signed?

We all seem to be discounting the possibility that Lubos could turn into the rider that his not too recent past performances suggest that he could be. A 9 point plus rider. Rider do improve or in his case regain form. Not sure I would want to lose anybody from the team now anyway; I know Jason will be out for a while but I was thinking of others. Hynek is showing now. Ricky is growing and so are the others. The lad is short of confidence but he can ride a bike that has been proven. He will get a four/five point average after his 12 meetings; doesn't mean he has to go out and ride like one!!!. Raj came and showed on Sat the sort of rider that we all know he can be; why can't Lubos?. I for one would not want to see either Hynek or Ricky to go.

Edited by Steeplejack