British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BOSS

Weymouth To Axe Terry Day?

http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/sport/speedway/8254226.Will_it_be_the_end_of_the_Day_/

Is there an official line from the club? Or is this the Echo running away with it again?

From the local Paper:

By Rob Meech »

TERRY Day’s future as a Weymouth Weyline Wildcat looks uncertain after chairman Phil Bartlett revealed he was considering signing a replacement.

Day sustained severe concussion and had been left hospitalised following a sickening crash in a National League Knockout Cup tie against the Newport Hornets on May 28.

He has not featured for the Wildcats since and his return to the saddle has been postponed several times as his painstaking recovery continues.

And Bartlett, who oversaw Wey-mouth’s first National League victory of the season on Friday night, admits he could be forced to make the difficult decision to axe Day.

He said: “I want to stick with Terry if I can because he’s been good for the club and is a well-liked rider. But the averages have changed and it’s time to re-evaluate and see what we can or can’t fit in.

“There’s no indication of when Terry will be back.

“He thought he was getting better at the end of last week but now he’s not so sure.

“I’m sure the league will be flexible about the rider replacement ruling because there aren’t enough riders around at the moment, so we’ll see what happens.

“Replacing him would be because it’s a necessity. I can’t sit here waiting forever for him to come back. I need to do something because overall we haven’t really covered for him too well.

“Now we’ve got a win under our belt we need to keep it going. It’s time to have a look round and see where we can strengthen up.”