British Speedway Forum
Parsloes 1928 nearly

Buccs Vs King's Lynn Yss (nlkoc 2nd. Leg)

Day of the meeting and no thread yet - well at least not til, er, NOW!!! :approve:

Am looking forward to this one - as I predicted back last month after the first leg, poised to be a thriller!!

One-time KL man (and KL born is he not..?) Brundle makes his Buccs debut... :approve:

Here's the story so far...

A good meeting, with the Buccs looking in huge trouble at the midway point already 11 points down after eight heats.

Enter into the fray Kyle Howarth with amazing wins over the at that stage unbeaten Adam Lowe and Darren Mallet; then partnering Dan Halsey to a 5-1 in heat 12 by which time the gap was down to just seven. :approve:

An amazing race in heat 13 followed - one of the best ever surely in third tier history - with nothing separating all three of Lambert, Mallett and Chris Mills for all four laps but it ended as a home 5-1 and then there was another; and the Buccs were suddenly again staring down the barrel of a heavy and probably terminal first leg defeat: before Millsy got his revenge in heat 15 well supported by Dan.

52-39 to the Young Stars and I'm already looking forward to what should be an excellent second leg..!! :approve:

I believe Adam Allott is guesting in place of Simon Lambert who is riding for Sheffield in the PL.

Didn't realise Brundle had signed for the Buccs :blink: So much for the KL claim that he's concentrating on the EL and PL (yeah right) :rolleyes:

Think it will be tough for the Young Stars to defend 13 points as we're not especially great travellers but I'm sure they'll put up a good show.

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

I believe Adam Allott is guesting in place of Simon Lambert who is riding for Sheffield in the PL.

Didn't realise Brundle had signed for the Buccs :blink: So much for the KL claim that he's concentrating on the EL and PL (yeah right) :rolleyes:

Think it will be tough for the Young Stars to defend 13 points as we're not especially great travellers but I'm sure they'll put up a good show.

According to the Buccs' website, it's RH's Jamie Smith rather than Allott guesting..

For my part, my plans to go have been scuppered by a major incident at work... :angry:

Let's hope there's a Buccs semi to follow which I CAN attend... :neutral:

In fact the Guest for the YS's turned out to be Jake Anderson and seems he was the hero in a 50-40 defeat on the night but therefore 89-92 aggregate result and KL going thru'. :neutral:

Bad luck to the Buccs... :cry:

In fact the Guest for the YS's turned out to be Jake Anderson and seems he was the hero in a 50-40 defeat on the night but therefore 89-92 aggregate result and KL going thru'. icon_neutral.gif

Bad luck to the Buccs... icon_cry.gif

Well done Kings Lynn!

Well done the young stars!Good to see james brundle furthering his pl/el career once more.Good luck to matt ford et al

Congratulations to the Young Stars.A very well deserved victory overall.

Thought they had really mucked it up by not using the Black n White in Ht14,when 10pts down on the night.

Fair play though,they all played their part,while Bmth were in disarray.Not gating at all well,and several silly falls not helping.

Bmth.

Brundle 3,3,3,3,1'= 13+1

Halsey 2',2',3,1,2 = 10

Mason 0,0,2,3 = 5

Howarth 3,2,fx,2 = 7

M.Baseby 3,1,2,2' = 8+1

Resh 1',0,1 = 2+1

A.Baseby 2,fx,2',,fx,1 = 5+1

Kings Lynn.

Anderson 1,3,3,f,3 = 10

Campos 0,1,0,1 = 2

McDade 2,3,0,0 = 5

Lowe 1',2',2,3,0 = 8+2

Mallett 1',1,3,1 = 6+1

Kerr 0,0,1 = 1

Knight 3,2,1,2,0 = 8

Anderson was an excellent choice of guest.Knight and Mcdade impressed.Kerr,although always behind,was full of effort.All the others had their moments,and kept us all guessing until Ht15.Just as a Cup match should be.

Brundle impressed me far more than Mills ever did.Excellent debut.Halsey scoring freely,at last.Howarth took an awkward fall in Ht9,pleased he got up to carry on.

Overall though,well done Kings Lynn.Good luck in the next round.

Ha'way the lads. Well done team.

Went along tonight and there were a few very good races. But the crowd, if you can call it that was abysmal. 2-300 at best.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Fair play though,they all played their part,while Bmth were in disarray.Not gating at all well,and several silly falls not helping.

"...disarray" seems a tad harsh, does it not..? :blink: Recovered from a 13 point deficit to force a last heart decider... :neutral:

"...disarray" seems a tad harsh, does it not..? :blink: Recovered from a 13 point deficit to force a last heart decider... :neutral:

Not really,Parsloes. Apart from the Brundle/Halsey combination,it didnt look like a well oiled team effort. Had they done so,Im sure they would have sailed through.

Thats not to take anything away from Kings Lynn.

Good to see Jake kicking on after early season setbacks.

Really enjoyed this meeting. Very dusty (on 1st bend at least) but good racing and an exciting finish. Perhaps if some of the meetings in the first half of last season (when there appeared to be some pretty decent crowds) had been this close many of the customers would have stuck with the NL for longer. Still, thats water under the bridge.

I thought what tipped the tie Lynn's way was the young pairing of McDade and Lowe but Jake Anderson also came on strong towards the end. Also some costly falls for Bournemouth didn't help the Bucs cause.

I always used to like watching Richard Knight years ago and his lad Jake looks just as entertaining. Huge progress from last season too.

:)