British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
andyevans

Cardiff Fanzone & Timings

I just stumbled across this on speedwaygp.com - apologies if posted elsewhere. I thought it would be of interest to most:

Fanzone Timings - SATURDAY 10 JULY 2010

click here for more information and map Fanzone Poster

11:00 FANZONE OPENS

11:45 MEET THE GRID GIRLS

12:00 BARRY BRIGGS INTERVIEW ON THE STAGE

12:30 TITAN FIRST SHOW

12:30 STEVE JOHNSTON INTERVIEW ON THE STAGE

13:00 – 14:00 MEET THE SKY SPORTS TEAM

Meet the presenters of speedway on Sky including Charlie Webster, Nigel Pearson, Kelvin Tatum, Sam Ermolenko and MOLEY!!!

13:30 TITAN SECOND SHOW

14:00 WONDERBRASS

14:30 LEIGH ADAMS INTERVIEW ON THE STAGE

15:00-15:15 AUTOGRAPH SESSION Chris Harris, Scott Nicholls, Tai Woffinden and Jason Crump

15:15-15:30 FANZONE CLOSES WONDERBRASS

Speedway Timings

FRIDAY 09 JULY 2010

14:30 Gates open for Practice. Open to all fans with a ticket for Saturday’s event

15:00 Practice starts. All 16 riders plus track reserves put in practice laps

17:00 Practice ends.

SATURDAY 10 JULY 2010

11:00 FANZONE in St Mary’s Street opens.

15:00 MILLENNIUM STADIUM GATES Open

16:00-16:15 ROYAL NAVY FIELD GUN RUNNERS DISPLAY TEAM

16:20-16:45 MISS FRANK and RUTH LORENZO PERFORMANCES

17:00 OPENING CEREMONY

20:00/20:30 FANTASTIC FIREWORK DISPLAY, EVENT FINISHES

Titan the robot going straight from Big Brother house then :rolleyes:

Who in God's name gets there at 11 o'clock in the morning?

I'm not planning on leaving my house til after midday.

Practice your Polish - the grid girls at Cardiff will be taken from Leszno this yr :wink:

Titan the robot going straight from Big Brother house then :rolleyes:

well worth watchting seen titan many of times at santa pod raceway. :D quality

Who in God's name gets there at 11 o'clock in the morning?

I'm not planning on leaving my house til after midday.

It's nice if you live on the door step... We have a 4 hour drive to attempt 1st so will leave early morning to try and strech our legs before the event

What an inspired idea the Fanzone was !. Something for everyone and a very welcome addition to the Cardiff experience.Excellent showing from Sky with all the presenters, Moley, t-shirts, badges, signings etc. Bigger & better next year please.

Thought the idea in general was brilliant, it didnt help with some roadworks around as walking space was tight with the crowds gathering.

Titan the Robot was very good, certainly drew people in and it was weird seeing riders just a few hours from appearing in the biggest event of the year out on the streets with Tai Woffinden even doing that massive spinning thing four hours before tapes up.

Wuld have been nice having them interviewed on a stage as you could only just herar them, but couldnt see them sitting down behind the crowds.

As for the start girls .... Yellow was quite pretty but didn't think much of their heat by heat so called routine and thought in general they were false, barbie made up and not exactly attractive ..... there are some beautiful girls out there in England that could do this job and I would certainly give them 4 much better girls if they wanted British next year.

As for the start girls .... Yellow was quite pretty but didn't think much of their heat by heat so called routine and thought in general they were false, barbie made up and not exactly attractive ..... there are some beautiful girls out there in England that could do this job and I would certainly give them 4 much better girls if they wanted British next year.

I am sure a certain "gent" from Poole could come up with some crackers who are used to playing to the gallery

Old Timer

I am sure a certain "gent" from Poole could come up with some crackers who are used to playing to the gallery

Old Timer

Where in St Mary st was the fanzone?? I know i started drinking early, but surely after being dragged around shopping by (She who must be obeyed), I saw nothing!!

In 3D too! ewww

I enjoyed fanzone but thought that the autograph session could have been organised better. I and many others queued patiently for ages only for people to be pushing in at the front which meant that by the time we reached the front they had closed the session. I also found that the session finished earlier than the advertised time which was a bit unfair. My suggestion for next year would be to have the autograph session at an earlier time, much better for the riders, and to have barriers in place to contain a proper queue, which would mean that you couldn't push in

Where in St Mary st was the fanzone?? I know i started drinking early, but surely after being dragged around shopping by (She who must be obeyed), I saw nothing!!

from walkabout up to the Prince of Wales!

hehehe - shows the weekend we just had - I'm doing tour guiding by pubs!

from walkabout up to the Prince of Wales!

hehehe - shows the weekend we just had - I'm doing tour guiding by pubs!

I made it as far as the Prince of Wales.... Cider called!!!