British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
philcrumpisgod

Hornets V Cobras Friday 16/7/2010 At 7.00pm

The Cobras bring a strong looking side to Newport in a top of the table clash (not often we can say that about a Newport speedway team :rolleyes: ) in what should be a really good meeting.

I certainly hope that the track woes that threatened to completely ruin the Hornets/Weymouth cup clash last week have been sorted out and that we can have a match where the racing is the story and not the track.

I hope we, and not the Brummies, have the services of Kyle Newman on Friday as I think we could really do with him against this Rye House team. Plus I really enjoy watching him race anyway.

Hornets to win and I hope we can maintain our 4pt winning home margins.

Does Len Silver have any plans to include an ineligible rider against the Hornets?

According to the local rag today Hornets are at full strength - both Kyle and Tim Webster are riding.

Edited by father jack

According to the local rag today Hornets are at full strength - both Kyle and Tim Webster are riding.

Excellent, let's hope the weather is more accommodating than it has been this last couple of days :(

I think Kyle is at Edinburgh with the Brummies.

newport 52-40 rye house il go for, without marc owen think that makes rye house weaker, and think we should get 9 or 10 from kyles rides if he is with the brummies which i assume he would be, rye house will keep it close early stages and hornets to pull away towards the latter stages

newport 52-40 rye house il go for, without marc owen think that makes rye house weaker, and think we should get 9 or 10 from kyles rides if he is with the brummies which i assume he would be, rye house will keep it close early stages and hornets to pull away towards the latter stages

I'm assuming we will use Tom Stokes in place of Marc whilst R/R for Mason will come into play again. However we could use a guest, if, by a minor miracle we do book a guest I would like to see Jon Armstrong, Karl Mason would have been my first choice however he is riding at Weymouth for Bournemouth the same evening. I think we will see a big hornets win tbh, a safe meeting will be nice of course. :)

Check the Press Releases Ben!

RYE HOUSE COBRAS

1. Adam Allott (Guest)

2. Rider replacement for Marc Owen

3. David Mason ©

4. Lee Strudwick

5. Kyle Hughes

6. Shane Hazleden

7. Ben Morley

If our website wasn't pish then I would! You should be working on your swing for when I kick your backside at golf next week :blink::lol:

This time last week, about 9.30pm ish, the meeting with Weymouth was just about finishing before Chris Slabon went out for a spin in the gloom.

Just looked outside and if it stops raining tomorrow and we get a meeting, we better hope it's not overcast because there ain't a snowflakes chance of it making 15 heats if hasn't finished by 9.30 :blink:

Check the Press Releases Ben!

RYE HOUSE COBRAS

1. Adam Allott (Guest)

2. Rider replacement for Marc Owen

3. David Mason ©

4. Lee Strudwick

5. Kyle Hughes

6. Shane Hazleden

7. Ben Morley

That team needs to take plenty of body armour / big cushions and footballer's magic spray – there going to need it with that track.icon_smile_shock.gif

Good luck and a safe (Fingers crossed after watching last Friday) meeting to all riders.icon_lol.gif

On the Brummie Website Kyle Newman is at No6 at Edingburgh Tonight?

........and on the Newport Speedway official media release he is listed at number 5 for the Hornets :unsure:

Still, weather seems to have improved overnight, it's dry but overcast at the moment but SKY forecasts a window of clear skys and sunshine this evening B)