British Speedway Forum
willp

King's Lynn Young Stars Vs. Dudley Heathens

HEATHENS hero Tom Perry moves into the main body of the Dudley team for the first time in his short career at King’s Lynn on Sunday (7pm).

Perry, the British Under-21 Grasstrack champion, has taken to the shale sport superbly in the famous green, red and white – and manager Will Pottinger has named him in the number three spot for the trip to the Norfolk Arena.

Heathens are looking to complete the double after beating the Stars comfortably at Wolverhampton last month.

But they’re without top rider and inspirational skipper Lee Smart who is riding for his Premier League club Stoke. Pottinger has drafted in Weymouth star Byron Bekker as cover.

Said Pottinger: “We go to King’s Lynn hoping to get at least a point to keep the scoreboard ticking over.

“But it will be tough around there, the fact that we beat them comfortably around Monmore counts for nothing.”

KING’S LYNN: Simon Lambert, Scott Campos, Cal McDade, Adam Lowe, Darren Mallett, Lewis Kerr, Jake Knight.

DUDLEY: Byron Bekker, Micky Dyer, Tom Perry, Jake Anderson, Jon Armstrong, Ashley Morris, Richard Franklin.

looking forward to this one.not sure if its my first visit or not!!!!went to either lynn or ipswich in the late 70s but carnt remember which one :blink::unsure: the joys of youth eh :wink:

Doesn't seem to be much interest in this meeting from KL side of things. :o :o Is it 7pm start anyone? :blink:

Doesn't seem to be much interest in this meeting from KL side of things. :o :o Is it 7pm start anyone? :blink:

It is indeed 7pm and, prior to that there's action from Noon onwards with the Southern Track Riders Association's latest meeting.

Good morning Whippy, and what a lovely morning it is too.

The meeting does start at 7pm as you ask, and one can only hope that everything runs smoothly, and that it doesn't drag on. It's gonna be a long day with the Stars being at Rye House this afternoon, then the journey back to the Norfolk Arena for this evening.

Rye House should be over by about 4.15pm, which gives us all ample time to be back for what could well be the best Young Stars meeting of the season so far. Dudley have hit their inaugural campaign running, and will be a tough nut to crack, but if anyone can do it then we can.

With both Lambo and Darren riding, they are more than a match for Byron Bekker (Guest) and former Boston Barracuda Jon Armstrong. Lower down the order, the clubs are pretty much like for like, which makes this such a fascinating contest, and one that's bound to be enjoyed by the public.

With no more track action until the 26th July at the Norfolk Arena when they host a round of the Speedway World Team Cup, tonight represents the perfect chance to see some high-class racing for a modest price of just £8 adults and £6 for those that have been there and done it ;)

Thanks Mike. Let us hope all goes well at Rye for Darren and he gets back to us safe and sound and no bike problems. Not being a star supporter not really interested in the result. :o :o

Edited by whippy

every track we have been to we have doubled the crowd.i see no reason this should be any different.what are the crowds like at lynn for nl meetings.more important whats the catering like :D will be a tough match but im looking for the four points.aim high is what i say.not looking forward to the coach journey back and us being posties up early tomorow but ah well i can rest when im in the box :rolleyes:

every track we have been to we have doubled the crowd.i see no reason this should be any different.what are the crowds like at lynn for nl meetings.more important whats the catering like :D will be a tough match but im looking for the four points.aim high is what i say.not looking forward to the coach journey back and us being posties up early tomorow but ah well i can rest when im in the box :rolleyes:

If you bring a couple of hundred then you'll probably double our crowd. At times crowd levels leave a lot to be desired, which is a complete mystery to me, as generally speaking the racing is as good as anything you see in the Elite/Premier Leagues.

The catering is good with a large selection of food and beverages. The bar is also open for those wanting amber nectar.

As I said in my original posting, I hope this meeting moves along at a swift pace, because as you say, you've got to be up early for work in the morning. The support that can be generated from other tracks is important, and everything should be done to make sure things move along at a reasonable pace, so that people like you go home wanting to return again sometime. It will also have been a long day for us King's Lynn fans having left our homes at around 11am this morning.

Have a good journey down to us, and win or lose, enjoy your visit.

Hoping to come to another NL meeting soon but unfortunately have a friend's birthday BBQ (weather permitting!) to attend, or would be bringing a friend who has recently discovered the joys of speedway with me too. Never mind.. one day soon!

Just in case, updates are currently underway Here

Fantastic Result for Dudley, taking all the points. Looking forward to watching them on Wednesday.

Just hope Richard Franklin is okays, looks a serious injury going by the updates. Also hope Lewis Kerr isnt too badly hurt for Kings Lynn.

Hope injured riders are okay. Lewis has concussion and I heard that it was the bike that injured Richard. Get well soon.

I reckon the Heathens supporters outnumbered the YS supporters last night.

I hope Richard Franklin is OK - apart from the need for the ambulance on three occasions this was a fabulous meeting (best I've been to this season - and it contained the best race I've seen this season, with not a Grand Prix star in sight)

Best of all was the atmosphere - at so many meetings there is little but polite applause - last night it was great to watch people really enjoying their speedway. And it was great to see the Cradley fans passion rewarded with a last gasp victory. It was hard on Lynn with Lambert (or at least his bike) off colour and Lewis Kerr only able to manage two rides; but the combination of vintage Armstrong, impressive Bekker and some great team spirit saw the Heathens through.

PS Before last night my best meeting of the season was Rye House v Dudley - seems to be a pattern developing, I must see more of the Heathens

what a great night! again!!great determination from the lads to keep going.the top two were obviously important but they all did there bit with ashleys heat 14 win the catalyst to get the 4 points.great racing on i think my first visit to kings lynn.all the best to richard after a nasty crash and to lewis kerr as well.what a fantastic away support again.didnt get back till 1.20 then in work for 6.15 but could av been worse one of our group went straight to work then hes got hes kids till this evening!!will definately visit the arena again but only for nl racing not the overpriced wtc.besides the nl racing is much better :wink: thats fact by the way not a joke :o