British Speedway Forum
willp

King's Lynn Young Stars Vs. Dudley Heathens

Hi Heathen

May I firstly start by saying what fantastic support Dudley has and as I said in the interview I very much hope you get your own track very soon you all deserve it. One point I must disagree with you on however is what happened after heat 12. Myself, Will, Jon and Simon were all invited to discuss the future of the meeting, we ALL agreed we wanted it to continue and the only point open to debate was the fact the paramedics were only paid up until 10pm. However that was quickly sorted and it was agreed as long as we could continue in a reasonable amount of time we would do so. I also spoke to the Referee at about 9.45 and we both agreed that everybody had been waiting about 40 minutes so we may as well make sure we finished the meeting.

Dudley deserved the win on the night and your riders were superb in the last 3 heats, we were also very happy to see the Dudley riders have a victory parade it is something we always do at Kings Lynn win loose or draw.

As for Richard I don't know where you have got your information from but as many are he is as committed to finding the next British world champ as any of us are and hopefully the national league will produce one sooner rather than later. Chris Harris and many others started out this way and we just need to produce more that's all. I don't think anybody has a major issue with Aussies in the league in fact as I said again on Sunday had it not been for Jake Anderson we would probably not be in the Semi final of the KOC.

Anyway I hope you enjoyed your visit and hopefully we will see you all next year with maybe the news we all want to hear and that is Dudley will have it's very own track.

Dale Allitt

Kings Lynn Team Manager

Hi there & thanks for the replies. Yes, I very much enjoyed the visit aside from the lengthy delays.

Also all for British youth development in the NL. Great to see the Heathens team featuring youngsters Tom Perry (what a find), Rich Franklin and Ashley Morris, plus seemingly giving Lee Smart a chance to get himself back on the right track when no-one else was giving him a chance. I notice a very strong Heathens presence in the British Under 18 Championship coming up soon. No problem with us throwing in a bit of experience either in Jon Armstrong to guide them along and a couple of Aussies in Jake & Micky.

As stated, there can be no complaints about the likes of Jake as he did such a sterling job guesting for the Young Stars and it would be hypocritical of any team to critise the use of the Aussies and then book them as a guest.

As we're all also in agreement about riders safety, I hope that Kings Lynn will prioritise the purchase of an air fence very soon. The stadium improvements are superb, so perhaps future funds can be funnelled in the direction of the track perimeter.

Would also echo the comments about how sporting Jake Anderson was after the crash mentioned earlier in the thread and the mutual applause from both sets of riders and fans throughout the meeting was much appreciated and certainly noted.

Regarding the decision over abandoning or continuing the meeting, the version of events I heard was slightly different. And regarding the victory parade, it was clear that the six Dudley riders came towards the gate ready to go on track, but were held back while many Heathens fans filtered out of the stadium unaware that a victory parade was imminent. Eventually the two juniors were called back in from the track and the gate was opened to allow the Dudley riders out.

Some minor points which didn't detract from some good racing, great team spirit, fantastic atmosphere from the fans and from our point of view a brilliant result.

Hi there & thanks for the replies. Yes, I very much enjoyed the visit aside from the lengthy delays.

Also all for British youth development in the NL. Great to see the Heathens team featuring youngsters Tom Perry (what a find), Rich Franklin and Ashley Morris, plus seemingly giving Lee Smart a chance to get himself back on the right track when no-one else was giving him a chance. I notice a very strong Heathens presence in the British Under 18 Championship coming up soon. No problem with us throwing in a bit of experience either in Jon Armstrong to guide them along and a couple of Aussies in Jake & Micky.

As stated, there can be no complaints about the likes of Jake as he did such a sterling job guesting for the Young Stars and it would be hypocritical of any team to critise the use of the Aussies and then book them as a guest.

As we're all also in agreement about riders safety, I hope that Kings Lynn will prioritise the purchase of an air fence very soon. The stadium improvements are superb, so perhaps future funds can be funnelled in the direction of the track perimeter.

Would also echo the comments about how sporting Jake Anderson was after the crash mentioned earlier in the thread and the mutual applause from both sets of riders and fans throughout the meeting was much appreciated and certainly noted.

Regarding the decision over abandoning or continuing the meeting, the version of events I heard was slightly different. And regarding the victory parade, it was clear that the six Dudley riders came towards the gate ready to go on track, but were held back while many Heathens fans filtered out of the stadium unaware that a victory parade was imminent. Eventually the two juniors were called back in from the track and the gate was opened to allow the Dudley riders out.

Some minor points which didn't detract from some good racing, great team spirit, fantastic atmosphere from the fans and from our point of view a brilliant result.

whoops !!!! Ithink one of the 'juniors' as you put it was Simon Lambert testing his bike !!!!!! I may be wrong but I am sure Lynn have a air fence tucked away somewhere.

I have no problem with young Aussies coming over and racing in the UK, in fact quite the opposite, non Brits racing over here is what speedway is all about and makes for exciting racing.

The fact that we are letting non brits into the NL at the expense of young Brits will only accelerate the non existence of any Brits at elite or GP level.

Regards

Richard

G'day Richard, hope you're well?

Just like to say that while I've got the utmost respect for you both as a rider and manager I have to take exception to your joining the "too many Aussies in the NL" brigade. If you compare the number of over-30s riders to the number of Aussies in the NL it might make some interesting reading.

well at least the meeting between these two teams has stirred up some interesting banter between supporters. :D :D