British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil

Bspa Agm 2004 News Here!

One thought - any news on how the gradin system will work? Have they made any decisions on which riders are in which grade?

Must admit the devil will be in the detail here for gradings.

Will every side have to line up with 1 x A, 2 x B, 2 x C and 2 x D.

If so that's so sad - its like the football league forcing every side to play 5-4-1.

If there is flexibility in formation whereby values are attached to rider gradings - then it's a points limit by the back door.

Guest MrwulfAndy

The elite is supposed to be britains best league that attracts new fans via sky. WHY THE HELL ARE THEY WEAKENING IT THEN???

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :

So BSPA have cut costs?! Well so have i and from what I have just heard from my dad he will as well. Can today get any worse? Sport I hate it right now.

What a shambles - golden doubles and double pointing. Why not just declare that a team can never be more than 6 or 8 points in arrears and if they fall further behind than that well just add a few points to their totals!! That will make sure matches go to at least the penultimate heat. And with all this rubbish going on why bother about the aggregate bonus??

Incidentally if you can only have a guest when your top rider is out what do you do when you have nos. 2 and 3 out with injury? I await the wording of these new regulations. The league champions will be the team who can discover the biggest hole in them to drive a coach and horses through.

Cynical?? Not me!

Have to say it wasnt what I hoped for.

Its OK implementing new things like the grading system, but only if it doesnt completely disrupt the structure!

As for some of the other things, the guest changes seem a positive step, but maybe its extending too far.

Hopefully there will be some common sense in the way it is organised in practice!

"Both leagues have scrapped the traditional tactical substitute regulation in favour of a new ruling which allows team managers to nominate two riders whose points can count as double if a team is eight points behind."

The way this is worded, it implies that the two riders are nominated prior to the meeting - is this correct?

EL

10 EL clubs 2 home 2 away = 36 meetings Seems ok but may run into trouble

Grading system - could be ok need more detail

2 rider from the P/L will can be used to for 1 position in the team. – Double up riders will only be for ACU permit holders riders and who have not previously achieved an EL average of 5 or above. I think this is ok

PL

15 clubs. ok

45 points ok

Premier Trophy is back not sure

Both Leagues

No Tac Subs! Sucks

Golden Joker. Riders nominated to score double points when 8 points down. Guest Rules Sucks

Only the top rider can be replaced by a guest the other riders will be replaced by Rider Replacement Agree I think

Only the top rider can be replaced by a guest the other riders will be replaced by Rider Replacement

CRAP, should be no guests or all guests. Guest for a number one bt not others is terrible. Newport had two rider with averages higher than Berwicks number one this year, so in Berwick vs Newport we could have had Niels missing and they coudl have had Makovsky(?) missing, they could hav a guest for the 8.3ish rider while we could not have a guest for a 9+ rider. I think the BSPA are running around shouting out my signature while men in whte coats run around behind them.

Edited by SCB

"Both leagues have scrapped the traditional tactical substitute regulation in favour of a new ruling which allows team managers to nominate two riders whose points can count as double if a team is eight points behind."

The way this is worded, it implies that the two riders are nominated prior to the meeting - is this correct?

Kevin can you post that here....

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/ind...wtopic=5596&hl=

Please :)

What a farce ...joke.....I agree to much sun and booze must have effected the small brain cells BSPA have

"Golden Joker. Riders nominated to score double points when 8 points down. Can only be used twice."

If riders nominated prior to hostilitys what if rider/riders injured during meeting ?

Only the top rider can be replaced by a guest the other riders will be replaced by Rider Replacement

CRAP, should be no guests or all guests. Guest for a number one bt not others is terrible. Newport had two rider with averages higher than Berwicks number one this year, so in Berwick vs Newport we could have had Niels missing and they coudl have had Makovsky(?) missing, they could hav a guest for the 8.3ish rider while we could not have a guest for a 9+ rider. I think the BSPA are running around shouting out my signature while men in whte coats run around behind them.

SCB can you post that here...

Guest Topic

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/ind...wtopic=5597&hl=

Please :)

theres no need to lock this topic. it can be left open for general views about the AGM as a whole....

there are two other polls and discussions about main points including Guest facility and Golden Joker.

Guests facility thread can be found at

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/ind...?showtopic=5597

and the Golden Joker can be found here

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/ind...?showtopic=5596

Mod note..please be careful with the language content..i am as frustrated as many of you, but lets keep the language down ..please.