Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil

Bspa Agm 2004 News Here!

Any news on the conference league, ... has the bspa forgotten there is 3 leagues!!

Rach.. the CL conference is in January. nothing happens until then..

Think im gonna be echoin everyone else here when i say this is absolute rubbish :angry: .... suppose at least we still have the 45 point rule and we have the premier trophy back but what the heck were they thinking when they made up the rules about guests , if anyone ends up in the positin that Kings Lynn was at the end of the season then they really are gonna be stuck ...it will definitely go down in history , one man riding against seven :blink::mad:

And about the golden double rule , again im echoing what someone else will have said , this will be helping teams in a way and bringing an "exciting climax " ... nu uh !!! :angry: will just confuse people for the bonus and say if anyone has a top heatleader in there team he could easily go out there twice and get double point each time , and that could easily swing a match either way ... not fair is all i say :angry:

but i suppose before we criticise to much.. we can at least see what else happens .

Hopefully it will actually be something good cos not a lot of things that are good come from the BSPA at the minute :mad:

Edited by Bandits4eva

bonus points not included in averages is open to so much fiddling it's worrying. Watch the top guys team riding a lot more though!

Yes SCB....and they get to talk speedway with the luxaries of Sun Sand Sea and Sex in RUGBY!!!!!

"that'll teach me not to quote you eh!!"

Yes SCB....and they get to talk speedway with the luxaries of Sun Sand Sea and Sex in RUGBY!!!!!

Ok, you lost me there!

Ok, you lost me there!

you posted an answer to Rach and then changed it....i answered it beforeyou took it off but didn't quote it!!

you posted an answer to Rach and then changed it....i answered it beforeyou took it off but didn't quote it!!

Got ya! you posted before me so you must be too quick tonight, cleary too quick for your own good at times :D

There is only one way to stop this nonesense. That is a boycott.

No season tickets to be purchased at this stage to give the buffoons time to reflect.

bonus points not included in averages is open to so much fiddling it's worrying. Watch the top guys team riding a lot more though!

That's just what we all want isn't it :)

That's just what we all want isn't it :)

Seeing the lower order rider out of the job because the top guys have finished behind them to get a lower average?

VERY DODGY!

So many things to take stock of and so many opinions. It will settle down in time and more info you would hope becomes available (but I wouldn't bet on it).

But.....

"Averages will still come into effect for team building purposes but a grading system allows more flexibility and for the 2005 campaign bonus points will not be taken into account."

So they are going to confuse us even more by taking away bonus points..... they are there for a reason :angry:

And as for allowing "more flexibility" - Of course it isn't, its taking flexibility AWAY. Flexibility is being able to build a team up to say, 45 points. NOT being able to build a team up to 45 points but you are only allowed one top rider, two from the next band etc. :angry:

Muppets, the lot of em. If it aint broke etc.... and it wasn't, it just needed slight changes in certain places, not all this.

Seeing the lower order rider out of the job because the top guys have finished behind them to get a lower average?

Which ever way they finish they would still score a total of five points. With the bonus point not counting in the team average, this would have no effect whatsoever on the team total and therefore should not jeopardise anyone's job.

Good riders won't lose their jobs. And anyway if the top boys are just "testing" they'll want to put their engine through it's paces.

We shall see, I love to see the top boys helping out their partner for a 5-1, it's easier said than done of course especially with another no 1, 3 or 5 chasing!!!

Which ever way they finish they would still score a total of five points. With the bonus point not counting in the team average, this would have no effect whatsoever on the team total and therefore should not jeopardise anyone's job.

You're on a 5-1, the heatleader is going to be instructed to let his lower order team mate win, so top guy scores 2'2'2'2'2'=10+5=8 point average. secnd string team mate scores 3,3,1,3=10 point average but has scored less!!! It's sheer madness, the top guys will let lower order men beat them to get there averages down and the lower order guys up, who would you give a job to? TRick who has seen hs team mate behind him and finished behind them for 2 points or the second string who has only beat the oposition because TRick has team rode him there and scored 3 points and got an average thats 4 points higher?!

top guy scores 2'2'2'2'2'=10+5=8 point average. secnd string team mate scores 3,3,1,3=10 point average

Using your example but reversing the last race 1st and 2nd - top guy scores 2'2'2'2'3=11+4=8.8 point average. secnd string team mate scores 3,3,1,2¹=9 point average

Total average of the two riders = 17.8 which actually reduces the pairs average in your example (18.00) by .2. This is actually making the second string's job more secure surely? :rolleyes: