British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil

Golden Joker! - Poll And Discussions…

Do you think the Golden Joker is a good idea?  

203 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the Golden Joker is a good idea?

• Yes
    • No

speedway will always have the mickey mouse image while we have fools making

stupid rules . it made the knockout cup a farce.

it s like telling football teams who go 3 or 4 goals down they can have a free goal to keep the match alive.

i wonder if walt disney was at the conferance

it also throws the question will riders throw racers to keep to being 6 points down

Posted from another thread on Phil's request.

"Both leagues have scrapped the traditional tactical substitute regulation in favour of a new ruling which allows team managers to nominate two riders whose points can count as double if a team is eight points behind."

The way this is worded, it implies that the two riders are nominated prior to the meeting - is this correct?

If you want to e-mail the BSPA with your views on the Golden joker their address is;

office@british-speedway.co.uk

Scrap the Knockout Joker

I took a mate to watch Arena v Sheffield in the KO cup last season! He had not been to Speedway since 1971 although he enjoyed the meeting and said he may go again! He had a problem with the green helmet colour of course, but he had a major problem with tack subs gold tack subs and 15yd supa subs. In his opinion it was all too confusing! as well as trying to keep up with agregate score :blink:

He did not fill in his prog and relied on me for scores etc :neutral: not wise :(

As it was my first season back and I did'nt have a clue either:lol:

Edited by Custom House Kid

s it was my first season back and I did'nt have a clue ever

don t worry mate i ve been going for years and still can t work out the rules

This is totally ridiculous. Speedway meetings without T/S will not be the same.

It's been a part of speedway for me for over 20 years and they've scrapped it for a pile of rubbish :angry:

Why wont they for once listen to what the supporters want as well :angry:

To me the way it must have came about was they had all read it the speedway

starr the same as all of us that they were going to move heat eight up to

heat five to stop the reserve and number two faceing a tac sub ride. But

then some bright spark stood up and said "I know" we will just through out

the tac sub rule then they all by now with servere heat stroke and dieing to

get to the bar agreed what a great idea they all shouted. Wait until they

wake up tomorrow with there hang overs and hopfully realise what they have

done

They have turned our sport on its head and its about time there was an

independent comittie that ruled on the sport with no conections to any club.

We all loved the Golden Joker in the KO Cup last year didn't we! (NOT!)

Obviously Len has had another senior moment in suggesting this and it would appear that all of the other promoters should be booking thier spots in their local eventide homes for the confused after this potty decision.

BRING BACK TACCY SUBS!

This maybe a positive change or not depending on how it is implemented and what the rule actually means. I am going to reserve my judgement until I know what the new rules actually are rather than responding on the basis of headlines.

The devil will be in the detail.

For crying out loud, what is it with those dithering fools. :angry:

I give up.......a complete waste of space the lot of them. :mad:

Why the hell don't they listen to the paying public for once, they all know how much it was hated during the KOC trial, and yet they still make idiots of themselves by bringing it in full-time.

Once again the BSPA are an embarasment to the Sport.

I thought the that one of the major aims of the conference would be to try and make speedway less confusing for the casual armchair fan who might be tempted along to see the sport live.

Then they come up with this ridiculous pile of tosh.

I really cannot think of another sport that shoots itself in the foot so consistently. :sad:

I would think the rule will be the same as used in the KOC last season.i.e you can use it whenever you're 8 down.I bet you're not allowed to move your heat leaders out of 1,3 and 5, meaning it will be harder to win races away, to get 6 points and possibly leading to run-away home wins?

:D

At last the horribly unfair TS rule has gone! Why the heck should a team who may have contrived to be 6pts down be able to whack in their heat-leaders at opportune moments? How may times have we seen poor teams with 3 good heat-leaders win a match when they shouldn't have done? OK it may still happen, but at least this way they have to do it the hard way with 2 out of the 3 GTs from programmed rides. Lynn lost out v. Sheffield in the KOC with these rules (was this the only time the new rules enabled a win?) but it was one of the best matches at Lynn this season because of them. The moves are much more 'tactical' than 'substitute' and have far more credibility than the old rule imo.

Great idea, I reckon - but if others don't like it then thats fair enough, we're all entitled to our opinions. But lets see a full season of it first eh? :)

:D

At last the horribly unfair TS rule has gone! Why the heck should a team who may have contrived to be 6pts down be able to whack in their heat-leaders at opportune moments? How may times have we seen poor teams with 3 good heat-leaders win a match when they shouldn't have done? OK it may still happen, but at least this way they have to do it the hard way with 2 out of the 3 GTs from programmed rides. Lynn lost out v. Sheffield in the KOC with these rules (was this the only time the new rules enabled a win?) but it was one of the best matches at Lynn this season because of them. The moves are much more 'tactical' than 'substitute' and have far more credibility than the old rule imo.

Great idea, I reckon - but if others don't like it then thats fair enough, we're all entitled to our opinions. But lets see a full season of it first eh? :)

Star Fever - were you awake when the KO Cup was being ridden?

And as for a poor team doing well with tacticals - good grief it served King's Lynn pretty well didn't it??

To my mind the great problem with this Golden Double/Joker etc is that it can positively encourage race fixing