British Speedway Forum

I was really looking forward to my visit to Peterborough. Not been there for years and yes it still is a lovely setting, but what a rip off- prog not worth £4 to sit in the stand £2. we paid it but after entrance fee this was over the top. Newcastle must have been disappointed in not getting through to the final. Rene Bachs E/F put them out of the final. My families disappointment was to to see Scunny not have a race off with Edinburgh to go through to the final....Quote from the prog.PAGE 18. "race-offs in the event of a tie in the semi finals" why advertise it like that to then do a count back? Same number of wins, more 2s for Edinburgh, but 2 x 0s for Edinburgh none for Scunny......A race off would have taken all of a minute and been much fairer. So Newcastle fans your not the only ones to be disappointed us Scunny fans suffer with you. Congrats to the winners!

Totally agree with you about the race off. To go out by 1 point was disappointing - but to actually be level and still be knocked out would be worse! I don't really understand why Edinburgh are counted as being better because they had more second places than Scunthorpe - because they also had more last places.

I think a race off would have been much fairer.

not quite sure how you work out a team that couldn't make the final was the best team.... I'm sure there is logic in there somewhere...

As I said before our riders did enough to win our group - however a single bike failure was the difference between 1st and 3rd in the group. Nothing Rene could do about it.

Edit: for spelling

Edited by Pepper

If you are going to read my mind, do it correctly. :o The reason why I don't like Fisher is cos of his track tactics and pits demeanour. :(

Supporting a rider being like that is as you say....pathetic. End of.

I am not reading your mind I am commenting on your post. You can't answer the question so you try to turn it around. I never asked you why you disliked Fisher. I asked why you assume he was trying to fence another rider when he had picked up drive. But hey ho you side stepped that issue. Something you are very good at when you can't think of a good enough answer.

It's time I stepped out of this now. I mean there is no point in hitting your head against a brick wall and a brick wall is something you do a very good impression of.

Cyaaaaaa

Edited by Midnight_Lady

Totally agree with you about the race off. To go out by 1 point was disappointing - but to actually be level and still be knocked out would be worse! I don't really understand why Edinburgh asre counted as being better because they had more second places than Scunthorpe - because they also had more last places.

I think a race off would have been much fairer.

I agree and I've never understood why race wins should count either then second places on a countback. The two teams should have been allowed to choose two riders to go into a four rider race off with pairs scoring ie the team whose rider finishes last is knocked out.

I agree and I've never understood why race wins should count either then second places on a countback. The two teams should have been allowed to choose two riders to go into a four rider race off with pairs scoring ie the team whose rider finishes last is knocked out.

That would have been a much better way to resolve it. Extra bit of excitement in the meeting and you can't complain if you're knocked out in a race-off but countback is just unfair. Points are points regardless of how you get them!

Now that's not funny. You know only too well that riders can knock each other off when they get out of shape and it's not deliberate. Like Kenni Larsen and Mark Lemon at Scunthorpe and Kenni Larsen and Derek Sneddon at Brough Park.

You mean when Tully pushed Kenni. The start marshalls even pointed out Tully's line in the shale straight out to the outside.

There's always a Monarch version. :D

I am not reading your mind I am commenting on your post. You can't answer the question so you try to turn it around. I never asked you why you disliked Fisher. I asked why you assume he was trying to fence another rider when he had picked up drive. But hey ho you side stepped that issue. Something you are very good at when you can't think of a good enough answer.

It's time I stepped out of this now. I mean there is no point in hitting your head against a brick wall and a brick wall is something you do a very good impression of.

Cyaaaaaa

You really let yourself down with some of your replies. :(

C ya.

Edited by Tsunami

You mean when Tully pushed Kenni. The start marshalls even pointed out Tully's line in the shale straight out to the outside.

The start marshall! What was he doing on the apex of the first/second bend. Must have been quite a sprint over there from the start! And what eyesight to point out one rider's line on the track. Instead you should try reading the report in the local Newcastle newspaper and the report of the match on your own official website on that heat. No mention there of Tully nor did the referee agree with you. But you keep believing your own spin. I certainly don't. :approve:

And the Scunthorpe incident? Was that the fault of a Scorpions' rider?

Edited by Merlin

not quite sure if it was the PLRC that was the problem , i'm sure there was a Somerset league match involved .

it was somerset's league match at newport.

I stand correct thanks guys.

You're actually both right. Zorro missed a meeting at Newport, and was banned for a week from memory. He then missed the PLRC to ride in Poland and Emil Kramer represented us at Swindon, and Zorro was then banned until the end of the season and never rode for us again.

Like we'd believe your version of events oh mighty Tsu.Dear dear..You really are an arrogant know it all auld aintcha :( have seen Tully Sneddon Larsen race on dvd replay a few times..even slowed it down.Pilot error LARSEN. Not condemning or having a go at Kenni btw.These things happen in speedway man!Spouting mince as usual big Tsu.....End of

p.s felt obliged to chip in with my 2ps worth cos of Tsus inane ramblings but isn't this thread supposed to be full of Happy Brummie people?Or are you still all hungover to hell? ;) catch you on a more appropriate thread i'm sure Mr Boy Named Tsu..really now.. END OFF! :P

Apologies and royalty cheque in the offing for Mr A.Fire for use of his canny catchphrase ;)

Edited by Young51

Not what the dvd shows, but why let the truth contradict your version of events :shock:

Furthermore, here is the extract of the match report by Laurence Heppell on the Official Newcastle website:-

"Larsen made a wild entry into bend one in the sixth, straightening up and took his partner Sneddon off into the fence with him for which he was disqualified by the referee, but before the three-man re-run Sneddon had to spend a significant time with the doctor in the medical room for pain relief."

So which of these well known sayings applies to you:-

"Should have gone to Specsavers"

or

"Liar, liar, pants on fire"

:blink::D

Edited by cyclone

The start marshall! What was he doing on the apex of the first/second bend. Must have been quite a sprint over there from the start! And what eyesight to point out one rider's line on the track. Instead you should try reading the report in the local Newcastle newspaper and the report of the match on your own official website on that heat. No mention there of Tully nor did the referee agree with you. But you keep believing your own spin. I certainly don't. :approve:

And the Scunthorpe incident? Was that the fault of a Scorpions' rider?

Sorry for butting in on these childish and petty squabbles.... but just for the record - after the Tully/Larsen/Sneddon incident - if Andy wasn't 'at fault', why then did he apologise immediately after the incident to both Kenni and Derek for going into Kenni in the first turn, therefore putting Kenni into Derek and Derek into the fence?

Not what the dvd shows, by why let the truth contradict your version of events

Furthermore, here is the extract of the match report by Laurence Heppell on the Official Newcastle website:-

"Larsen made a wild entry into bend one in the sixth, straightening up and took his partner Sneddon off into the fence with him for which he was disqualified by the referee, but before the three-man re-run Sneddon had to spend a significant time with the doctor in the medical room for pain relief."

So which of these well known sayings applies to you:-

"Should have gone to Specsavers"

or

"Liar, liar, pants on fire"

:blink::D

Ha Ha, the usual stalker. :o Better ask the question why did Larsen enter 'in a wild entry into bend one'. There lies the answer. :approve:

But thanks for respecting that someone else can have their own opinion. :approve:

Edited by Tsunami

Sorry for butting in on these childish and petty squabbles.... but just for the record - after the Tully/Larsen/Sneddon incident - if Andy wasn't 'at fault', why then did he apologise immediately after the incident to both Kenni and Derek for going into Kenni in the first turn, therefore putting Kenni into Derek and Derek into the fence?

Was your source Tully directly, or from whom ?

:shock:;)

Thanks for that Abbott as that was also my source of what happened. Tully went out to the fence and didn't turn at the bend. Kenni got a push and reared into DEEK who unfortunately was going around the outside.

Let's not try to rewrite history to please the Monarch fans. :D