Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

"

Well in the journal newspaper it has a different account from the same journalist it read "a nudge from tully"

Yes, that is Tully's version(see Abbott post) and also Kenni's, the start marshalls but not good enough for cyclone and mates. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Edited by Tsunami

Yes, that is Tully's version(see Abbott post) and also Kenni's, the start marshalls but not good enough for cyclone and mates. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Unbelievable.... Can you not take this petty squabble onto the dedicated Newcastle v Edinburgh thread? Don't you think it's a bit disrespectful to degrade this topic into yet another Everybody v Edinburgh argument?

This should be left to appreciate the meeting on Sunday, the decent racing, the good day out and the win for Birmingham...

I'm sick of every other team always finding the tiniest problem with Edinburgh... We're at the top of the league, deservedly so, and are there to be shot at. But to continue an argument about a meeting with one incident where IMO a rider of Larsens ability should've been able to control his machine (if he got a small nudge from Andrew) is plain stupid.

Let it go. The better team won on Sunday at the 4's and at Newcastle 9days ago.

Premier League Fours

I went as a neutral, well deserved win by Birmingham, bit of a rip off paying to go in the stand though. Meeting improved as it went on, bit ftg earlier.

Took a few photos, the link is above.

Edited by comet49

Premier League Fours

I went as a neutral, bit of a rip off paying to go in the stand though.

don't understand this,you pay more to get in the best stand at every sports ground in the country - FACT

I've been to other speedways meetings where you don't, including Workington. I'm not the only one to comment on this.

I've been to other speedways meetings where you don't, including Workington. I'm not the only one to comment on this.

Peterborough don't charge extra for the stand for EL meetings. I do recall going to a couple of tracks where I've had to pay extra to get into the stand, one of them was competing in the Fours last Sunday. And that was on planks in an uncovered 'stand'.

I thought £15 for 28 heats was exceptional value for money these days. £17 for a decent seat in a covered stand was hardly excessive.

Edited by Barney Rabbit

Peterborough don't charge extra for the stand for EL meetings. I do recall going to a couple of tracks where I've had to pay extra to get into the stand, one of them was competing in the Fours last Sunday. And that was on planks in an uncovered 'stand'.

I thought £15 for 28 heats was exceptional value for money these days. £17 for a decent seat in a covered stand was hardly excessive.

Not excessive but not a nice suprise especially if u have kids in tow

my pictures from the meeting HERE

don't understand this,you pay more to get in the best stand at every sports ground in the country - FACT

You're missing the point... It's not the best stand, it's the ONLY stand... Peterborough don't usually charge punters to sit there. so why charge on Sunday and without any prior notice?

You're missing the point... It's not the best stand, it's the ONLY stand... Peterborough don't usually charge punters to sit there. so why charge on Sunday and without any prior notice?

Was it Peterborough's decision or being a shared event, the BSPA who decided to charge ?

everyone had a choice (it wasn't compulsary)... picnic in the sun on the grass or sit in a stuffy stand and pay extra. agree that it should have been advertised in advance however

Well done to the Brummies after the injuries they have had suppose they deserve to win something, but as a Diamonds fan though gutted about Rene bike problem. The went from winning the group to missing semi in seconds. Even more dissapointing since similiar thing happened at pairs to Kenni.

everyone had a choice (it wasn't compulsary)... picnic in the sun on the grass or sit in a stuffy stand and pay extra. agree that it should have been advertised in advance however

Not really Saint... Had my daughter in her wheelchair, so the main stand was the best viewing option for her... We finally moved to the first bend after the semi, where we were covered in shale during the first race of the final, so we moved her back a little, but then she couldn't see the racing.

Not what the dvd shows, but why let the truth contradict your version of events :shock:

Furthermore, here is the extract of the match report by Laurence Heppell on the Official Newcastle website:-

"Larsen made a wild entry into bend one in the sixth, straightening up and took his partner Sneddon off into the fence with him for which he was disqualified by the referee, but before the three-man re-run Sneddon had to spend a significant time with the doctor in the medical room for pain relief."

So which of these well known sayings applies to you:-

"Should have gone to Specsavers"

or

"Liar, liar, pants on fire"

:blink::D

"

Well in the journal newspaper it has a different account from the same journalist it read "a nudge from tully"

I can only apologise for the shocking video footage which may have been at variance to the report of events in the newspaper report. I can only put this down to my laziness in not having read the Journal report before the meeting started.

Rest assured that I will study the report on this Sunday's meeting at some length on Sunday morning to ensure the footage is in accordance with the newspaper. B)

Not really Saint... Had my daughter in her wheelchair, so the main stand was the best viewing option for her... We finally moved to the first bend after the semi, where we were covered in shale during the first race of the final, so we moved her back a little, but then she couldn't see the racing.

ah,different perspective-fully understand YOUR circumstances/point of view.