British Speedway Forum

Out of interest what was the qualification criteria?

Out of interest what was the qualification criteria?

Combined biggest willies :shock:

Combined biggest willies :shock:

OOoooeeerrrrrrr missus :shock: If rumours abounding years ago about 'Big Leggy' Powell were true you sure could do with him in the Tiggers team this year going by that criteria! :wink:

Seriously what criteria is used to qualify and how is the draw made?? I'm curious.

'live' averages ie/ august green sheets (calculated on 23rd of each month) of top 4 combined (obviously there is a minimum number of matches required for a rider to qualify for a 'fours' average).

think that's how it works (i stand to be corrected)

Yeah you're probably correct . With all the rain-offs we've suffered , Joe still hasn't raced enough meetings aparently . What ever the amount needed was will probably remain a secret . Travis and Josh apart , our combined total wouldn't be enough , which ever enough was .

Hopefully Edinburgh won't embarrass themselves too much this time , like at Somerset in the Pairs .

I'm actually not too bothered as we've a few away meetings in August , and not going to Peterborough will be a saving .

Oh by the way , with this meeting being on a Sunday . Will Edinburgh have 4 riders available ? :P

Very good question, Paul. Would be a real shame is Kevin wasn't there.

At least you're a rational Tiger though [most of the time ;) ] and realise that there's no secret vendetta against Glasgow from the BSPA. Look at the amount of home defeats Glasgow have had this season already, and consider the fact that you'd likely need Dicken as your 4th highest average and he's only about a 5 I'd guess.

(i stand to be corrected)

I would sit down if I were you - nobody else has got a clue and so your legs might start to ache...

The Saint is correct. Glasgow co-promoter Gordon Pairman explained the qualifying criteria on Easy Tiger and it was the top eight teams by average at 23rd July and each rider must have completed a minimum of 8 meetings.

I have also seen two different dates for the second leg of the World U21 final in Latvia. One is the 7th of August and the other the following Saturday, not sure which one is correct, but obviously if it is staged on the 14th that could well rule both Wolbert and Bach out of the fours :unsure:

Edited by mervjankefanclub

The Saint is correct. Glasgow co-promoter Gordon Pairman explained the qualifying criteria on Easy Tiger and it was the top eight teams by average at 23rd July and each rider must have completed a minimum of 8 meetings.

I have also seen two different dates for the second leg of the World U21 final in Latvia. One is the 7th of August and the other the following Saturday, not sure which one is correct, but obviously if it is staged on the 14th that could well rule both Wolbert and Bach out of the fours :unsure:

Thats good info Merv, a pity its not made clear what the Qualy criteria is on the Super7 site. The BSPA site gives greensheet averages dated 15 July, so not entirely helpful.

PS. There are no scheduled flights from Dugavpils 14 August that will get -21 competitors to P-Boro in time on 15th.

Knowing the effort the BSPA make when scheduling their plum events, you can bet your bollocks the U21 meeting wil be on the 14th then, MM, and quick check on the Lokomotiv Daugavpils site tells us that it is indeed being staged on the 14th :rolleyes:

Edited by mervjankefanclub

Im a panther supporter but Im really looking forward to seeing the 4TT where it belongs again this year??

Weve had some fantastic meetings there in the past and I hope it delivers like it used to!!!

Bring it on.

PS. There are no scheduled flights from Dugavpils 14 August that will get -21 competitors to P-Boro in time on 15th.

Plenty of options to get from Riga to the UK though early on Sunday morning.

Rico rolleyes.gif

but obviously if it is staged on the 14th that could well rule both Wolbert and Bach out of the fours :unsure:

Being in Group 1 along with Newcastle, I only hope that Bach will be missing :lol:

Absolutely thrilled that we are in it though... I intend to make some noise and enjoy my time at P'boro. As one or two have said previously, watching Complin especially in full flow around P'boro now he's hitting some form again will be extra special... I can't wait :D

Will Edinburgh have 4 riders available ? :P

.... or even 4 race jackets?