British Speedway Forum
fentigers79

Mildenhall Speedway

Ok as I see it if mr mascall has handed the club back to bspa would it not be them that decided on the purchaser, and any money they got for the club used to settle the outstanding debts, so in theory mr mascall would nor receive anything but also not pay anything, or is that not how it works?

A horrible, horrible mess. I don't think Mr Coventry wants speedway at Mildenhall anyway. With his track at Dover closing they can have stock cars every week at Mildenhall then, even on a Sunday!

The riders not having been paid is nothing short of robbery in my view. Mildenhall have had so many promoters who haven’t been able to make a go of it. The only one who seems to have broken even was Dingle Brown, yet he was told he had to get an air fence [which they should have anyway] to carry on and he passed on to Mr Mole to run, yet he didn’t have to have an air fence!

Mildenhall is hanging on by the skin of its teeth, with extremely poor crowds. If it’s taken over again then I’m sure within a short space of time we will see Mildenhall up for sale again. Unless major changes are made to encourage loads more people to come through the turnstiles I really can’t see Mildenhall having a future.

Goodness: is your middle name 'Jonah'...!!!! :blink:

I am sorry for being negative but i can not see mildenhall speedway in action any more this year there has been

to much talking and nothing what i can see is moving forward hope i am wrong

David crane posted on f/book "mildenhall closed"

be nice if it was shared with the rest of us and not just f/b friends

• Like 1

Also a couple of the riders have put the same.Guess that's the lot then

Also a couple of the riders have put the same.Guess that's the lot then

BSPA due to make an official announcement on their website this morning.

Nikko

I feel gutted, how could Ray let this happen when there were offers on the table ?

• Like 1

Real shame if true...we may not have gone every week but we did enjoy our visits to Mildenhall.

Thats that then! not so much love for the club as expected. How can someone let a club go like this when there are so many supporters behind it, offers on the table, a successful current team. I hope someone can explain this to the supporters, who yet again are treated like Mushrooms!

Thats that then! not so much love for the club as expected. How can someone let a club go like this when there are so many supporters behind it, offers on the table, a successful current team. I hope someone can explain this to the supporters, who yet again are treated like Mushrooms!

Once the announcement is made I am sure more will be said, in the meantime there is already talk of a Fans Forum which may be setup so all fans can meet to see how we may be able to move forward.

In this world of 24 hour internet access its difficult when things get out but we have to wait for the official announcement from the BSPA as the communication from the current/ex promoter is non existent.

Nikko

What a real real shame. No disrespect to Mr. Mascall, but it would have been nice if supporters could have had a talk with him before he made this decision, not have to pick over the bones now its gone! Im gutted and Im sure many many other supporters are too. To lose a club that is doing so well now, after their terrible season before, with a great team manager, great riders and loyal supporters just doesnt make any sense at all, especially when there was an offer on the table and Mr. Coventry working to help as well! It seems like its just spite! and that doesnt make sense either.

I know it was always a possibility, but still awful to hear this news. Will miss my trips to Mildenhall Speedway, which is where I got one of my friends hooked on speedway so much she suggested going on holiday to Italy so we could go to the Italian GP! :(

Has there been an official confirmation of this yet ?

not yet but will be soon nice to ray online maybe he would like to tell us all