British Speedway Forum
fentigers79

Mildenhall Speedway

Gosh - never thought of West Row as being a place to inspire a trip to Italy!!! :rolleyes:

Let's sincerely hope, with the double-threat hanging over the place, the stadium doesn't end up like the Coliseum of old Roma in years to come... :cry:

Well.. it was the adverts at her first trip to Kings Lynn at the SWC, too, if that's any more of an Italian inspiration!

Once the outcome of Mildenhall stadium at court comes out, I guess then we can all have a better idea if there's a possibility of speedway again there. If the bangers/stocks get stopped, well.. that would mean no hope anyway. :(

Well if the court case does go in the resident's favour... I'd suggest buying some cheap mopeds take off the silencers and make as much noise down her street as you possibly could.

I hope as others have stated that Dave Coventry or other interested parties will see fit to reconstitute Mildenhall Speedway next season and build on what we had until a month ago.

I hope most of the people who have given up so much of their free time at the weekends so the supporters could watch speedway on a Sunday afternoon would return,they know who they are as there is to many to name.These people I would like to thank personally for the hard work that they have carried out on behalf of the club.

Steve I can understand you reason for having enough of Mildenhall Speedway but as communications officer I think you have been treated badly by the promoter with constant lack of truthful information so that you could keep the supporters up todate relating to what was going on.

... Just a thought.. something for the smelting pot, we all know Mildenhall has a history but has anyone thought of rebranding to kick it off again. It works well in other spheres, where do most the fans live? Perhaps the name "Cambridge", "Bury St Edmonds" or "Thetford" at Mildenhall or even do like Somerset have done? Might give it a more geographic name for fan recognition and sponsorship etc etc. I know it's not my place, but there must be a way to grab new fans in the area.

Very disappointed indeed but not surprised. The cards were on the table once Ray said that he could not continue and he and Dave Coventry could not agree a takeover price.

There is some chance of restart in 2011 although any prospective promoter will be put off by the gate figues published in this weeks speedway star, a drop of 30-40% on last season. Recession aside, I can't think why so many people have stopped coming when the team and the track are much improved on what they were in 2009.

I'll miss watching the Tigers of course but I will miss all the friends I have made down there so much more, because while I can nip to Scunthorpe, Redcar, Buxton or Newcastle for a meeting I will not have the pleasure of their company on Sunday afternoons for the foreseeable future.

Very disappointed indeed but not surprised. The cards were on the table once Ray said that he could not continue and he and Dave Coventry could not agree a takeover price.

There is some chance of restart in 2011 although any prospective promoter will be put off by the gate figues published in this weeks speedway star, a drop of 30-40% on last season. Recession aside, I can't think why so many people have stopped coming when the team and the track are much improved on what they were in 2009.

I'll miss watching the Tigers of course but I will miss all the friends I have made down there so much more, because while I can nip to Scunthorpe, Redcar, Buxton or Newcastle for a meeting I will not have the pleasure of their company on Sunday afternoons for the foreseeable future.

i cant say il miss you ht now how many times did you hit my fingers while putting up the fence in 2009 , i think alot of the reason for crowds being down was the poor start to the season with off track events . i hope we can meet up again soon and ive send you a pm on mildenhall site

I can't think why so many people have stopped coming

Now you know why we don't let you do the thinking :D At least you can give Jimmie Krankie his shorts back for the summer!

Start at Basics. From day 1 the club, despite a number of us volunteering, was not marketed to the max - I offered thoughts, as did PhilK and I am sure others ususl promise and will come back to you, then.......nothing, the silence was deafening. Early meetings late and for whatever reason problematical - who can forget the meeting starting a couple of hours late due to the "ambulance" being stuck on the A11 at Barton Mills a road that I had travelled in arriving at the Stadium some 25 minutes before scheduled start!! People I had enticed left after waitng 1 and a half hours with limited / no information - never to return. Following this we had a number of meetings with a sound system that could not be heard.Press and Practice!!! say no more. Opening few meetings we had riders who had had no track time so got a few stuffings.

I could go on and on, but being a man of few words.............................

Attending Speedway is like most sports a habit, the moment you give people a chance to find something else to do you have a problem. Remember our first discussions on the NL - we have now had 3 weeks between home meetings - there are not and never have been enough fixtures end of. Team Viking, what happened to the Mildenhall leg of that!!!!!! On the forum we suggetsed regional 4 team Tournies over Bank Holidays - or even running on Bank Hoilidays where there were no Car meets - nothing.

Speak to some of the key supporters of old and you will find stories of Away meeting buses not being endorsed and supported by the club. Tours e.g. fixtures between Weymouth, Plymouth, I.O.W, Bournemouth arranged together - not interested in limp reasons about why not - we used to manage it in PL days up North.

A great set of riders this year with supporting families, they have not only been hit financially but are left half way through the season trying to find new clubs and being given little information - having to rely in some cases on the fans forums. To their credit they have all acted with professionalism and dignity I don't believe that the full story has by any means been told in the public domain

No dig here at any individuals within the club, but the way I see it - very poor communications and a disenfranchise from supporters, in my view key reasons why people have voted with their feet. If I get a ban until the end of the season so be it :cry:

Great that Dave Coventry has consistently shown his support, at least gives us a glimmer of hope.

Edited by norwichkev
  • Like 1

Good luck to Mildenhall for the future, i have decided to end my time there after 6 seasons of hard work and a lot of sacrifice along the way.

All the best to all and i hope that The Fen Tigers are back onboard for 2011.

I have enjoyed most of it lol

Keep Smiling

Dubster

Edited by Dub

Good luck to Mildenhall for the future, i have decided to end my time there after 6 seasons of hard work and a lot of scarifice along the way.

All the best to all and i hope that The Fen Tigers are back onboard for 2011.

I have enjoyed most of it lol

Keep Smiling

Dubster

You'll be missed mate, wish you would reconsider.

Cheers

Nikko

Very sad news indeed!

I respect the fact that Ray Mascall put his money where his mouth was (unlike any of us!), he is the wrong age and mental state to be a promotor, hes had big traumas in his personal life recently and being in charge of Mildenhall speedway was very difficult for many reasons but -

The very reason for Ray Mascall buying the club before the 2009 season was to secure its future.

Pulling out mid season this time around has effectively pulled the rug out from Mildenhall speedway.

Ray had been making it known to various persons from before the start of this season that he wanted out!

More delegation and better comunication could of seen a solution found to see out this season, then set about securing the future of Mildenhall speedway when there'd be more time in the close season to sort things out.

I could go on but I've said the main bits that people involved in Mildenhall speedway will think but won't say!

Lets hope that Mildenhall speedway can be resurrected in the future which I believe stadium owner Dave Coventry wants!

MILDENHALL SPEEDWAY STATEMENT

http://speedwaygb.com/news.php?extend.8289

Although very sad to see the statement on the BSPA website we continue to work behind the scenes to ensure a long term, stable future for the Fen Tigers.

Thanks to everyone who has sent us messages of support.

We'll be back.

Nikko

Very sad news that Mildenhall has had to pull out of the league for 2010. As a longtime supporter of Scunny I know what that feels like, as Stags experienced the same...........Heres hoping for better in 2011 for all Mildenhall fans.....Good luck for the future!