British Speedway Forum
apollo9

Scottish Speedway Museum

Can anyone help with information regarding the Scottish Speedway Museum at Loanhead just outside Edinburgh.

I know it is opened tomorrow (July 25th 2010 between 10 am and 2 pm admission £3) But, just wondering if anyone knows if there will be any other open days this year??

Apologies if I'm just not looking properly and there is already a thread for this!!

Kind regards

Miss Tigs

Can anyone help with information regarding the Scottish Speedway Museum at Loanhead just outside Edinburgh.

I know it is opened tomorrow (July 25th 2010 between 10 am and 2 pm admission £3) But, just wondering if anyone knows if there will be any other open days this year??

Apologies if I'm just not looking properly and there is already a thread for this!!

Kind regards

Miss Tigs

A pity no one replied to you Miss Tigs, but having visited yesterday before heading to Ashfield for the Tigers victory over that Embra mob, I can thoroughly recommend a trip to the museum, it's fantastic! Remaining scheduled openings this year are on September 5th and October 31st.

A pity no one replied to you Miss Tigs,

I think nobody replied because they didn't know the answer Miss Tigs was looking for.

I think nobody replied because they didn't know the answer Miss Tigs was looking for.

More than likely, it's a well-kept secret but well worth the trip :D

Apparently its in a old red phone box on the side of the road and shares with the "Scottish Football World Cup Highlights" museum :D

Apparently its in a old red phone box on the side of the road and shares with the "Scottish Football World Cup Highlights" museum :D

Aye very good son! :mad:

It's the best speedway museum in the world, never mind the UK! Ask some of the multi-World Champions that have signed the guestbook what they think about it :rolleyes:

• Like 1

While your post MAY be in jest you will be more than a little bit red-faced if you ever were able to visit it.It is truely amazing.

While your post MAY be in jest you will be more than a little bit red-faced if you ever were able to visit it.It is truely amazing.

It was indeed ... and I have no doubt at all that I would be ... so you mean its a phone box with shelves ??? ;)

It was indeed ... and I have no doubt at all that I would be ... so you mean its a phone box with shelves ??? ;)

Yep! and a DVD player showing England world cup highlights 2010 :wink:

Edited by Fromafar

Yes, I reckon SuddenSam15 is being over-sarcastic, even if it is in jest.

Take yourself to Scotland to see this 'Cinders to Shale' Museum, it is a private collection put together by former rider, Ian Patterson and, as others have said, it is probably the best Speedway Museum in the World and I say that as one who is involved in our excellent National Speedway Museum at Paradise Wildlife Park in Broxbourne, Herts., so no more jibes about telephone boxes please!

• Like 2

I'd love to see it, and i'm not too far away really. I remember my ex bringing a vhs video of "25 Years of the Bandits" up to mine one time she was up here, it was great to watch and there was an interview on the video from the museum with the chap who runs it, i'd love to have that video re-reased on dvd if it was at all possible, theres some great footage on it, home and away, with Dennis McCleary providing a lot of commenentary on it if memory serves me right.

If the opening dates above are correct, i'll miss the September date as i'll be driving to France that day, but i'll do my best for the October date...are you allowed to take pictures in the museum?

Yes, I reckon SuddenSam15 is being over-sarcastic, even if it is in jest.

Take yourself to Scotland to see this 'Cinders to Shale' Museum, it is a private collection put together by former rider, Ian Patterson and, as others have said, it is probably the best Speedway Museum in the World and I say that as one who is involved in our excellent National Speedway Museum at Paradise Wildlife Park in Broxbourne, Herts., so no more jibes about telephone boxes please!

Na just joking about the phone box ... we all know its a B&Q 6'x4' shed with apex roof really ;):D

Na just joking about the phone box ... we all know its a B&Q 6'x4' shed with apex roof really ;):D

While you are at B&Q I suggest you purchase a spade so that you can dig yourself out of the hole you appear to be in.

• Like 1

Kind regards

Miss Tigs

Was there last saturday,as part of our tour of Scotland with The Blast From The Past on there Jap's.Am sure it is open every Thursday 10 til 2pm,and yes it is the best speedway museum ever.

Cookie.

While you are at B&Q I suggest you purchase a spade so that you can dig yourself out of the hole you appear to be in.

LOL!! How's the holiday?