British Speedway Forum
apollo9

Scottish Speedway Museum

Visited the museum/collection for the first time last weekend, absolutely amazing. A great credit to Ian Patterson, a fantastic collection of memorabilia, I recommend a visit to everyone.

"The Mackem"

Edited by scarletrider

Visited the museum/collection for the first time last weekend, absolutely amazing. A great credit to Ian Patterson, a fantastic collection of memorabilia, I recommend a visit to everyone.

"The Mackem"

Is this still available to visit as up in Scotland next w/e on a northern speedway tour lasting from Thursday to the Tuesday.

A

Is this still available to visit as up in Scotland next w/e on a northern speedway tour lasting from Thursday to the Tuesday.

A

Ian Patersons museum is open on selected sundays during the summer,not sure if its open next weekend when your up,if it is the opening times are 10am & 2 pm.

If you have sat-nav,the post code is EH20 9TB.

Just wondered if the museum would be open in the Sunday 17 June. Planning on going to Berwick on Saturday for the GP Qualifier and then on to Glasgow for their fixture on Sunday. Would be great to spend a couple of hours there on the Sunday morning as we will be travelling via Edinburgh. I know the above post mentions July but there may be a few fans in the area looking for a way to pass the time on this coming Sunday.

This wonderful collection is open to the public again (last time in 2012, I think) on Sunday 28th October.

10pm until 2pm. Postcode EH20 9TB

This from Berwick programme.

Just in from WSRA Scottish Dinner where we were informed that the Museum will be open today(Sunday) between 10am and 2pm.

Former riders and a number of referee's will be visiting.

The opening was cancelled last Sunday due to heavy snow south of Edinburgh. Ian wasn't able to get from his house to the museum, but there are further openings this year on 21/4, 2/6, 18/6, 13/10 10 till 4. Also most Wednesdays 10-12 and 1-3.

Call 01578 722439 or 0131 440 0864 and leave details if you want to check.

Thanks to Al Stewart and the Monarchs Chatzone for the information

I'd give my eye-teeth (if I had any left) to be able to visit this place. Two of my mates were there a year ago and have been raving about it ever since they came home.

Is it still open, and can anyone post dates for 2013/14?

I'd give my eye-teeth (if I had any left) to be able to visit this place. Two of my mates were there a year ago and have been raving about it ever since they came home.

Is it still open, and can anyone post dates for 2013/14?

it is still open and unfortunately I think you missed an open day last Sunday.

it is still open and unfortunately I think you missed an open day last Sunday.

I think Ned meant is it still opened as in "this year". Mose said on Friday at Armadale that the 13th was the last Sunday for this year. :cheers:

I think Ned meant is it still opened as in "this year". Mose said on Friday at Armadale that the 13th was the last Sunday for this year. :cheers:

2013/2014 could mean next year too IMO.I was pointing out that it was still a going concern.

It is called Cinders to Shale it is just outdide Edinburgh Run by a great guy called Ian Patterson I went a couple of years back it is

like a speedway bike wonderland It is whithout a doubt the best in the world by miles I could have stayed talking to Ian about his machines all day but I had to go.

If you are interested in speedway machines this is the place Ian says it is a collection not a museum

I can't wait to get bacj to see Ian and his collection

Regards to All

Steve

• Like 2