British Speedway Forum
apollo9

Scottish Speedway Museum

Museum will be open 22nd February 2015. :t::cheers:

I've never been there yet , do you have to book in advance or can you just turn up ?

I've never been there yet , do you have to book in advance or can you just turn up ?

just turn up at patterson s edgefield road loanhead midlothian only about 1 mile of edin city bypass.turn right at the mayflower pub and its about 200yards on the left 3pounds last year soit will be the same imo. if your into speedway this is really jaw dropping

just turn up at patterson s edgefield road loanhead midlothian only about 1 mile of edin city bypass.turn right at the mayflower pub and its about 200yards on the left 3pounds last year soit will be the same imo. if your into speedway this is really jaw dropping

my mistake you turn left at mayflower pub pattersons pre cast concrete 200yards on the left drive into small car park plenty road side parking

You will be amazed it is fantastic.

Are there any other confirmed dates in 2015 please?

Posted in Berwick's e-Newsletter yesterday:

FROM CINDER TO SHALE:
The marvellous collection of old speedway bikes and equipment at Loanhead, Midlothian, owned by former Bandit Ian Paterson has announced the only five remaining Sundays on which the display will now be open to the public in 2015.

The dates are April 12, May 10, July 12, August 30 and November 1st. All Sundays, and each time they are open from 10am until 4pm.

We are detailing these days now, letting interested parties plan ahead as Ian tells us the collection will ONLY open on these five dates -- they no longer have a facility to open on any other days.

Those who have been up there a number of times never fail to find something they previously missed! In the words of one multi-World Champion: "This is, for certain, the best, most absorbing exhibition of speedway stuff I have ever seen". High praise, but truly earned. If you like speedway, and can spare a Sunday, please indulge yourself. We know of no-one who has visited and then expressed disappointment. It is that good.

The 'Cinder To Shale' exhibition is based at Edgefield Road, Loanhead -- just a minute or less from Straiton Junction on the Edinburgh City by-pass -- and the postcode for a sat-nav is EH20 9TB.

• Like 2

Is there a phone number to contact to ensure viewing availability please?

Edited by Guest

We will be running extensive features, exclusive new pics and an interview with curator Ian Paterson in our next issues of both Backtrack and Classic Speedway, with the content obviously relevant to the eras covered by each respective magazine.

• Like 2