British Speedway Forum

Whats happened to all the fans of the IOW?!

There seems to be very little interest in any of the threads on the forum about the IOW - take the last few IOW meetings, just the preview and the result - no comments or anything :sad:

I dont know what the crowds were like before they went just NL, but there seemed to more interest

See you over there tomorrow Matt, have a safe trip down.

Preview on the Wildcats site :P

Edited by stressed

Whats happened to all the fans of the IOW?!

There seems to be very little interest in any of the threads on the forum about the IOW - take the last few IOW meetings, just the preview and the result - no comments or anything :sad:

I dont know what the crowds were like before they went just NL, but there seemed to more interest

I know, I'm getting lonely on these threads... :(

I still go as often as I can.

Crowd levels are Ok, but IOW really depend on holiday crowds in Aug.

Unfortunately(?)overall crowd levels are not enough for PL racing IMO.

There are some really dedicated people who work really hard behind the scenes to keep speedway going on the Island.

I have enjoyed NL racing & always get a warm welcome whenever I go over.

Because of its location, its always going to be difficult for many people to decide to "just pop over to speedway"

The "Wightlink Flyer" (hence the user name) is a good value ticket available from Portsmouth & IOW really do try hard to encourage people to attend.

As for lack of interest on the forum....I often look at the threads & comment when I can.

However, if you look back, there was only ever a handful of people who regularly posted & some of those no longer use the forum much.....or go to Speedway much.

Hopefully, that will change soon.

I dont think the lack of posts on here reflect a lack of interest, if you look at Dudley v Scunthorpe thread there are currently only two replies,but this does not reflect a lack of interest, as there must have been another four figure+ gate at Monmore tonight.