British Speedway Forum
TonyMac

Ideas For New Retro-style T-shirts

We at Retro Speedway are looking to design and introduce some new retro-style t-shirts to put ion general sale in the weeks and months ahead.

We're looking for inspiration from any creative sorts out there. Just wondered if you have any good ideas for relevant generic speedway-related slogans (humorous or otherwise) that are not specific to any one team or rider? The type of thing any self-respecting 30+ year-old man or woman speedway supporter would be happy to wear.

I quite like Terry Stone's motto: "OLD SPEEDWAY RIDERS DON'T DIE, THEY JUST SLIDE AWAY" Will have to check that he doesn't have the copyright on that one!

There's the old favourite "HAPPINESS IS (or should that be WAS) 40-38"

Keep it clean, though. We wouldn't want to associate ourselves woth anything saucy such as "PETER COLLINS DOES IT FROM BEHIND!"

If anyone's original idea is adopted by us and we make a t-shirt from it, we'll revward you with a free shirt in your size!

We at Retro Speedway are looking to design and introduce some new retro-style t-shirts to put ion general sale in the weeks and months ahead.

We're looking for inspiration from any creative sorts out there. Just wondered if you have any good ideas for relevant generic speedway-related slogans (humorous or otherwise) that are not specific to any one team or rider? The type of thing any self-respecting 30+ year-old man or woman speedway supporter would be happy to wear.

I quite like Terry Stone's motto: "OLD SPEEDWAY RIDERS DON'T DIE, THEY JUST SLIDE AWAY" Will have to check that he doesn't have the copyright on that one!

There's the old favourite "HAPPINESS IS (or should that be WAS) 40-38"

Keep it clean, though. We wouldn't want to associate ourselves woth anything saucy such as "PETER COLLINS DOES IT FROM BEHIND!"

If anyone's original idea is adopted by us and we make a t-shirt from it, we'll revward you with a free shirt in your size!

Cradley Heath- "Forging world champions since 1981"

Ivan Mauger, Photographed in his youth-"The Man Who Would Be King"

Peter Collins taking Malc Simmons from behind at Katowice-"The Finest Sight In The World" Peter Collins 1976 Wold Champion.

Belle Vue- Picture of Craven, Sjostin and Collins "The Entertainers"

Tommy Jansson, pictured with the golden helmet "Lest We Forget"

I could probably think up one for every british league team from the 60's-70's. Even though you said the t-shirts should not be specific to one team, i think that if you made them stylish enough and kept the numbers low, people will buy them.

I know there are a couple of lads from liverpool who do the same for football teams/fans and they sell like hotcakes! company called 80's casuals.

what about that graffiti at Cradley with Ivor Brown

tricky one this Tony...but I reckon most 30+ fans would find humour in a t-shirt that simply said:

"He had nooooooooo chance!"

tricky one this Tony...but I reckon most 30+ fans would find humour in a t-shirt that simply said:

"He had nooooooooo chance!"

FRONT OF T-SHIRT :-King Kenny of Halifax, giving 500% every time

REAR OF T-SHIRT :-100% England

100% Yorkshire

100% Kenny

200% Of pure box office theatre!

FRONT OF T-SHIRT :-King Kenny of Halifax, giving 500% every time

REAR OF T-SHIRT :-100% England

100% Yorkshire

100% Kenny

200% Of pure box office theatre!

Love it!!

RETRO & SPEEDWAY - Memories are made of this or SPEEDWAY AND RETRO Memories are made for this.

or

It used to be Dolly Parton, but now-a-days BackTrack and Classic are the best :rolleyes: pair!!

How about:

FRONT: I used to write for the Speedway Mail!

BACK: Am I REALLY that old?

Alternative FRONT: I used to buy the Speedway Mail!

:wink::lol:

Edited by Bryn

How about the club emblems from some of the now defunt clubs such as Yarmouth or Hackney . Some of the early program covers had some interesting art on them and look as if the would make an interesting shirt .

RETRO SPEEDWAY T-SHIRTS

Following our initial request for ideas, we now have (in conjunction with our friends at Lynhurst Print) a number of designs availabkle to purchase, including our unique HEROES series featuring clubs and faviurite riders from days gone by.

To take a peek at what we have so far (wuth more Heroes shirts to follow), go to our Facebook page by clicking this link:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000692754563#!/album.php?aid=26472&id=100000692754563

As I say, more shirts will be added as and when they are ordered by our customers. In fact,Lynhurst are currently producing and processing orders for Heroes shirts of HACKNEY, BIRMINGHAM, HALIFAX, BERWICK and BRADFORD NORTHERN, and we will display these, too, as soon as they are ready.

You can order our t-shirts for £15 each direct from http://www.lynhurstprint.co.uk/prices.php?link_name=retro%20speedway (add £1 for XXL).

We can add/delete riders’ surnames to suit your requirements (we recommend between 15-20 names), although the rider action pic and club body colour used remains constant.

If you can’t see your favourite team displayed here in our T-shirts Photo Album on Facebook, then just ask when you visit the Lynhurst website (they also have a phone number) and they will contact us with your request.

Edited by tmc

Hi Tony

These look excellent BUT .................

How can you not use a picture of Mr Coventry on the Bees shirt ? ? ? ?