British Speedway Forum
philcrumpisgod

National League Ko Cup

Apologies if this info is listed elsewhere but does anybody know the details of how the NL KO Cup stands currently?

The BSPA site seems to not care about the competition as they haven't even listed the 2nd Round results which the Hornets completed nearly a month ago with an aggregate win over Weymouth.

I think the Hornets have Kings Lynn in the next round but I don't know if that's confirmed or if any dates have been arranged. I'm guessing the next round would be the semis so any further info would be appreciated.

All that i know is Dudley are through to the next round, its such a pity Nigel Pearson who is the BSPA, and incidently Dudleys Chairman does not give more coverage or is it down to the so laid back Peter Morrish <he,s almost invisble> who doesnt give a jot.

Apologies if this info is listed elsewhere but does anybody know the details of how the NL KO Cup stands currently?

The BSPA site seems to not care about the competition as they haven't even listed the 2nd Round results which the Hornets completed nearly a month ago with an aggregate win over Weymouth.

I think the Hornets have Kings Lynn in the next round but I don't know if that's confirmed or if any dates have been arranged. I'm guessing the next round would be the semis so any further info would be appreciated.

Wildcats site see fixtures page and click on the result for full meeting details.

010 PREMIER LEAGUE KO CUP

1ST ROUND

Birmingham v Sheffield 63-25, 54-36 (Agg: 117-61)

Scunthorpe v Newcastle 31-59, 49-41 (Agg: 80-100)

Rye House v Edinburgh 39-51, 35-55 (Agg: 74-106)

Glasgow v King's Lynn 33-57, 42-48 (Agg: 75-105)

Berwick v Newport 55-35, 39-50 (Agg: 94-85)

Workington v Stoke 54-36, 52-38 (Agg: 106-74)

QUARTER-FINALS

Somerset (bye from round 1) v Birmingham

Newcastle v Redcar (bye from round 1)

Edinburgh v King's Lynn

Berwick v Workington

2010 NATIONAL LEAGUE KO CUP

1ST ROUND

Buxton v Mildenhall 58-37, 49-41 (Agg: 107-78)

Isle of Wight v Weymouth 51-39, 36-58 (Agg: 87-97)

Newport v Plymouth 42-29, 57-35 (Agg: 99-64)

2ND ROUND

Buxton v Rye House

Weymouth v Newport

Bournemouth v king's Lynn

Scunthorpe v Dudley 44-46, 60-32 (Agg: 104-78)

* All ties will be raced over two legs

Now for an educated guess, the semi finals of the NL KO Cup draw will be winners of Tie 1 versus winners of tie 2, and winners of tie 3 will be versus winners of tie 4 The Heathens.

I make my deductions because of the PL KO Cup, Because in the Q/Finals the first bye team zummerset v Birmingham, the second bye team redcar v newcastle, the third is edinburgh v kings lynn, and final Q/f is Berwick v workington...so there appears to be a top half and bottom half of the draw, however this is speedway, and anything could happen.

So i look forward to a semi final of The Heathens versus Bournemouth or Kings lynn, and would guess that leaves Newport versus Buxton or Rye house, Then again as i said earlier this is speedway, and anything is possible, and whoever we ride against i look forward to it, and may the best team win..

Edited by greyhoundp

You are correct as we have been drawn against Buxton in the semi finals. No dates have been arranged yet though.

Appreciate the info people, it's a pity that the "powers that be" don't seem to be showing the competition much respect, speedway life doesn't begin and end with the Elite/Premier Leagues :blink:

So, even though we seem to be awaiting confirmation via the BSPA's website it appears the semi finals of the National League Knockout Cup are as follows:

Buxton Hitmen v Dudley Heathens

Kings Lynn Young Stars v Newport Hornets

with dates to be decided.

ps anybody know how the legs are decided ie home leg second?

Edited by philcrumpisgod

So i look forward to a semi final of The Heathens versus Bournemouth or Kings lynn, and would guess that leaves Newport versus Buxton or Rye house, Then again as i said earlier this is speedway, and anything is possible, and whoever we ride against i look forward to it, and may the best team win..

King's Lynn have already knocked out the Buccs... :cry:

So I'm guessing Buxton are currently looking for a Sunday when Nick Morris is not riding for Glasgow to arrange their semi-final leg? :wink:

I'd also be interested in how it is decided which club stages which of the two legs.

If we can beat Buxton in the semi-final, the final unfortunately fills me with dread! A choice between Kings Lynn's deathtrap fence or Newport's beach-bowl of a track. :blink:

Here's hoping we can draw Rye House or Bournemouth in the playoffs! ;)

Drye House or Bournemouth in the play offs, so basically lots of home advantages at most of the NL tracks.

:wink:

Drye House or Bournemouth in the play offs, so basically lots of home advantages at most of the NL tracks.

:wink:

Well your lads do have a chance to size up the Wimborne Rd. circuit on Wednesday. A win for the Buccs then I'd say, is basicaly essential in the race for 4th. place...

Must have been something you said philcrumpisgod as the BSPA site has now withdrawn the section relating to all KOC results!

Edited by WembleyLion

No dates as yet for Newport v Kings Lynn as awaiting news off Dale Allitt when he can run his leg of the Semi-Final

No dates as yet for Newport v Kings Lynn as awaiting news off Dale Allitt when he can run his leg of the Semi-Final

Any criteria for who gets which leg or is it just a case of track and date availability?

I'd like to get the second leg and keep 7 riders fit on each one!

ps Just noticed on BSPA fixtures for 22/9, Kings Lynn v Newport. Is this a provisional date for one of the legs? Doesn't say what competition or what level.

Edited by philcrumpisgod