British Speedway Forum

My understanding is you need citizenship and not just a licence to represent a country or have i got that wrong?

Yes, it's definitely citizenship that you need.

Vicar, Ukraine now do not have full terminlist of its national championships . I can write in this theme date of nearest meeting

So what is the latest with Loktajev.Last year it seemed the situation was decided he was a Russian riding ona Ukranian licence.But i see the Ukraine have announced him in their SWC team.My understanding is you need citizenship and not just a licence to represent a country or have i got that wrong?

Seems from fishing around the Russian forum he might now have dual citizenship

Yes, You are right. There was a tug-o-war for Loktaev between Russia (where he was born and grew up) and the Ukraine (where he now lives).

He has got his Ukrainian passport in March of this year, which makes him eligible to ride for the Ukraine in teh SWC. I don't know if he had to give up his Russian citizenship for that.

Same situation with Tsukanov, who is also a Russian by birth, but now has got an Ukrainian passport.

As far as I know the third of teh Russians currently based in teh Ukraine, Dubinin, is still Russian only, but continues to race on an Ukrainian license. He is as such eligible to represent the Ukrainian Federation in individual comeptition, but can not ride for the Ukraine Team in the SWC. His team would be Russia.

British youngster Steve Worrall and an as yet unnamed New Zealander are expected to make the long trek to Chervonograd in the Ukraine for this Sunday's World Under 21 qualifying round.

Will they travel?

Is there any NZ under-21 rider currently in Britain? Or do they send one over from half way round the globe?

How old is Jade Mudgway at Berwick?

Edit:

Okay, I checked, he's twenty-one in June and not only in Berwick, but everywhere. Does that meet the criteria? I'm not entirely sure of the exact age requirements.

Edited by ladyluck

How old is Jade Mudgway at Berwick?

Edit:

Okay, I checked, he's twenty-one in June and not only in Berwick, but everywhere. Does that meet the criteria? I'm not entirely sure of the exact age requirements.

Think if he is still 20 at the start of the season he is ok

British youngster Steve Worrall and an as yet unnamed New Zealander are expected to make the long trek to Chervonograd in the Ukraine for this Sunday's World Under 21 qualifying round.

Will they travel?

Is there any NZ under-21 rider currently in Britain? Or do they send one over from half way round the globe?

The Usa u21 team travelled from LAX to Ukraine ... once in the uK they then endured a 80hr roundtrip by road with the dedicated help of people from the UK and had various challenges leading upto the event and during but they did it and raced/. Credit to the whole team.... so if its important enough he will get there ...,however perhaps the question is why on earth the FIM send youngsters to such far flung places which is cleary unreasonable and very expensive. Equally these young lads probably wont know or have been aware of local information (such as what happens at borders / hiring of vehicles etc ) in order to enter the country.. sadly the boys are left to fend for themsleves unless they have a team that are willing to do the work for them. Hopefully they will have what they need and will have some success on the day. Good Luck to them

The Usa u21 team travelled from LAX to Ukraine ... once in the uK they then endured a 80hr roundtrip by road with the dedicated help of people from the UK and had various challenges leading upto the event and during but they did it and raced/. Credit to the whole team.... so if its important enough he will get there ...,however perhaps the question is why on earth the FIM send youngsters to such far flung places which is cleary unreasonable and very expensive. Equally these young lads probably wont know or have been aware of local information (such as what happens at borders / hiring of vehicles etc ) in order to enter the country.. sadly the boys are left to fend for themsleves unless they have a team that are willing to do the work for them. Hopefully they will have what they need and will have some success on the day. Good Luck to them

The UK hasn't even entered a team for the Under-21 SWC. so the Americans did better than the Brits at that.

As I mentioned in a previous post, there'll be no New Zealander in Chervonograd. The place initially allocated to New Zealand has been passed to Poland and Piotr Pawlicki.

It is difficult enough to get into the country i think :lol: A Polish friend of mine asked me if i wanted to accompany him to the European Final.But he said he wouldn't drive across the border because you might have to wait 5 or more hours.We would fly in and hire a car.But riders generally drive with their gear.Talked to one who was recently there and it took 3 hours on the way in,but 8 to get out!!!!

It is difficult enough to get into the country i think :lol: A Polish friend of mine asked me if i wanted to accompany him to the European Final.But he said he wouldn't drive across the border because you might have to wait 5 or more hours.We would fly in and hire a car.But riders generally drive with their gear.Talked to one who was recently there and it took 3 hours on the way in,but 8 to get out!!!!

Just need to have the right paperwork. Team USA was at the borders for no more than an hour each way. Need to get in contact with Alex of the Ukrainian Federation. He was a big help to the guys who travelled. It is best to try to travel in the Ukraine during the daylight as the roads are not that good to say the least. But on the plus side the people were friendly and tried to help the best they could.