British Speedway Forum

I don't think he was worried about Sayfutdinov, who represents no great threat to his world title ambitions. I think it was more along the lines of what the studio pundits were saying: he's in such fine form that he developed a mind-set where he could do little wrong and could do whatever he liked and it would come off. Unfortunately, he discovered that wasn't the case and the unfortunate Russian paid the price.

Anyway, with a confirmed broken wrist I guess that is Sayfutdinov done for the season and, looking at it realistically, that's one of the 2011 nominations tied up, narrowing the options for BSI later in the year. It should be fascinating to see what combination of riders qualify from Vojens next Saturday. Could be some controversial choices to make when it comes to nominations. Nicki Pedersen out of the top eight as it stands.

I would have thought Antonio Lindback would be a better value Wild Card than THJ.

You thought wrong then :approve:

It's repeated in full at 12:30 tonight (tomorrow morning). If you want to record it then set your timer for that one.

now changed to 1AM

Pretty much sums up Tai's right to be there doesn't it :rolleyes:

Like Harris then :rolleyes:

Gollob believing he's invincible when in fact he's just dangerous. Should be excluded from the whole meeting for that unnecessary and stupid move.

Thats harsh.

If thats the case Pedersen wouldnt have completed a whole GP :blink:

As for the meeting. Whilst the first half dozen races were a bit slow on the whole there was some hard and fantastic racing.

Gollobs move was indeed hard and not sure why he went for it. Its definetly his to lose now. I really hope he does.

Fast Freddie got better and had a slice of luck on the way.

THJ was excellent value, the shining glory for the Swindon camp. A real star in the making.

Well done to Holta , he deserved it in the end.

As for zero pedersen, couldnt happen to a better rider. Out the top ten, shame it aint good riddance.

Edited by stevebrum

Given that Gollob injured Sayfutdinov with a highly dangerous and reckless move tonight, should the referee been empowered to exclude the offending rider (in this case Gollob) from the rest of the meeting in such cases?

Gollob rode like a nutcase tonight - he needs to calm down a bit, or else he won't make it to Bydgoszcz for the final GP.

All the best

Rob

I don't think he was worried about Sayfutdinov, who represents no great threat to his world title ambitions. I think it was more along the lines of what the studio pundits were saying: he's in such fine form that he developed a mind-set where he could do little wrong and could do whatever he liked and it would come off. Unfortunately, he discovered that wasn't the case and the unfortunate Russian paid the price.

Anyway, with a confirmed broken wrist I guess that is Sayfutdinov done for the season and, looking at it realistically, that's one of the 2011 nominations tied up, narrowing the options for BSI later in the year. It should be fascinating to see what combination of riders qualify from Vojens next Saturday. Could be some controversial choices to make when it comes to nominations. Nicki Pedersen out of the top eight as it stands.

I didn't get to hear the pundits, but yes, I'd agree with that. It's just a great shame about Sayfutdinov. Love him or hate him, he brings the thrill to a meeting, controversial is his handle. As for Nicki, one of the great characters of International Speedway, it would be a travesty if he wasn't in next year..We'll see won't we. I think we both know what will happen .. :blink:

You thought wrong then :approve:

THJ was excellent value, the shining glory for the Swindon camp. A real star in the making.

Well done to Holta , he deserved it in the end.

Won't be the first time I've been wrong, well done THJ. Holta on his home track did well, series starting to get tasty. From Updates it sounds like another good meeting with wins from all gates - I can't wait for the replay down here (1530hrs Darwin Time).

Nicki Pedersen will certainly be nominated if he doesn't make the top eight, but what about Andersen if he falls out of the top eight and Iversen qualifies from Vojens, as he did last time? What about the two main Swedes, neither of whom looks totally secure in the GPs at the minute? Jonsson appears to be going through the motions. The big issue will be what becomes of the British representation if things go totally pear-shaped?

Won't be the first time I've been wrong, well done THJ. Holta on his home track did well, series starting to get tasty. From Updates it sounds like another good meeting with wins from all gates - I can't wait for the replay down here (1530hrs Darwin Time).

i think yellow had the fewest wins and the other 3 were quite even so a good job by the track staff there.

Nicki Pedersen will certainly be nominated if he doesn't make the top eight, but what about Andersen if he falls out of the top eight and Iversen qualifies from Vojens, as he did last time? What about the two main Swedes, neither of whom looks totally secure in the GPs at the minute? Jonsson appears to be going through the motions. The big issue will be what becomes of the British representation if things go totally pear-shaped?

well i dont think any of the Swedes deserves a wild card and not the Brits either.

Emil will/should get one. Nicki P might get one, then i would give one to Koldziej dont know about the 4th one.

Edited by Ghostwalker

I love Nicki, if only for his tantrums off track ;) Being serious, we know that he's better than what we've seen this year, I suspect that another mechanic was sacked tonight too :unsure: I think most of us expected more from Hans, another one that has failed to deliver, like AJ. As for Freddie, I won't write him off yet ..As for the British representation, Bomber is clearly not going to make the cut. But I believe he is taking part in the qualifiers, don't know about Tai. ??

I will stand by what I've always said about the GP process. Qualify and qualify by right.. in the top 8, or win your place from the qualifiers. No Nominations (regardless of your origins) :)

Edit; Whoops, I nearly forgot, well done Bomber! ( just to please my resident stalker) :blink:

Edited by Jacques

Given that Gollob injured Sayfutdinov with a highly dangerous and reckless move tonight, should the referee been empowered to exclude the offending rider (in this case Gollob) from the rest of the meeting in such cases?

Gollob rode like a nutcase tonight - he needs to calm down a bit, or else he won't make it to Bydgoszcz for the final GP.

I could be wrong, but I thought the ref always had the option of kicking a rider from every meeting....

However, I think it's a little harsh to say that "Gollob rode like a nutcase"....Gollob rode how he always races, but he made 1 minor misjudgement. I am maybe reading it wrong, but I think he expected Emil to go for the outside of Bjerre rather than trying to cut back to the white line. Yes, it looked like a crazy move, and could have cost him everything, but if you consider the split second that he has to make a judgement on what to do, it's not so hard to imagine getting it wrong now and then. It doesn't detract from the poor fortune for little Emil though....gutted for him.

The race with Rune was surely all that Rune could have expected after racing with Tomek for years.

The race with THJ was quality. Both gave and took some hard drives inside them....quality stuff from both of them.

I think Harris deserves the nod again, he has worked hard this season and has made a couple of semi's. But I can not see any British riders, include Harris, that we could consider title contenders. Woffinden as looked out of it throughout the series, does not deserve and should not be given a place next season.

Bomber is clearly not going to make the cut. But I believe he is taking part in the qualifiers, don't know about Tai. ??

Woffinden was knocked out earlier in the season. Harris and Stead will be at Vojens next Saturday. The recent SWC final should give Harris some hopes of qualifying, although he didn't manage to qualify from Coventry last year. The Challenge Final usually throws up an unexpected qualifier, such as Lukas Dryml or Magnus Zetterstrom. How about Renat Gafurov this time around? He showed up well at Vojens in the SWC. I expect to see Iversen qualify from Vojens, although he will bring little to the GPs.

As I intimated earlier, I think this could be the season where BSI's much-loved, although totally unofficial "quota" system falls apart. How would they leave an ex-world champion and multiple GP-winner like Hancock out if he decided he fancied another season and wasn't in the top eight?

The Challenge Final usually throws up an unexpected qualifier, such as Lukas Dryml or Magnus Zetterstrom. How about Renat Gafurov this time around? He showed up well at Vojens in the SWC. I expect to see Iversen qualify from Vojens, although he will bring little to the GPs.

Gafurov? Great little entertainer, but I don't see that happening somehow.

For an "unexpected" qualifier, would Leon be a bad shout at Vojens?

As I intimated earlier, I think this could be the season where BSI's much-loved, although totally unofficial "quota" system falls apart. How would they leave an ex-world champion and multiple GP-winner like Hancock out if he decided he fancied another season and wasn't in the top eight?

I think that they could leave him out quite easily...

Honestly, what has he offered the paying public for the last 10+ years in the series?

I am struggling to remember anything that he has done that excited me for many, many years.

I could understand you questioning it if he represented a market that had value, but I don't think that the USA currently has any value for the series, so why would they have a problem waving him goodbye if he doesn't make the grade?

Greg has given great service to the series over the years, but I really can't imagine him being someone that they would be desperate to cling on to...And, quite frankly, if he was wanting to continue after finishing outside the top 8 this year, I would lose any respect that I still have for him,,,,

Great meeting after the first round which was a bit processional. Superb track = racing lines all over the place.

Gollob was reckless but also daring at the same time. Although he was on balance correctly excluded, he must have anticipated that Emil would have gone for the outside line - but Emil's mindset is similar to Gollob's in that he's prepared to risk the eye of the needle.

Quick rap for Jason Crump, who's narrowed the gap on Hampel - it's still a three-horse race.

Jacques,

There is nothing wrong with the wild card system as a such, its how it is used that need to be changed.

I agree about the wild cards when it comes to riders like Lindgren, Harris who year after year misses out on top 8.

However i think that wild cards are still needed and Emil is a good example why since he finished top 3 last season but

have gotten this season ruined by injuries. Its very hard to ride in the qualifiers if you have a broken leg or a broken wrist.

Edited by Ghostwalker

All the best

Rob

I agree,should of thrown him out of the meeting,about time the referees should grow some balls,how many times have we seen Gollob make similar moves and get away with it?

He actually could of backed off (questionable of avoiding a crash of some degree) if you see where his picks up that drive,he tries to ride it out as you see his leg go forward to try to keep the front wheel lifting more,a trademark Gollob move,as he does with gating (from studying Hans!) So he definitely could've done something about it,he is riding so well this year but his weakest point is that when the adrenaline is flowing he does make these kind of moves (usually getting away with it) I thought he'd get a lot more stick to be honest,not apart from Louis obviously,(notice he never wants to upset anyone,his butt must be sore from sitting on that fence so much) the suck-up,(he'll have to do a lot more by the way to finally nail that permanent Sky job)

Shame it wasn't his wrist that was broken and not Emil I say

Oh well,finally a Polish Champion on the cards I fear,4 GP'S in Poland next year I suppose,maybe another Polish wild card in too? Oh and let's have a few more here too (and people wonder why we have a lack of British lads coming through?)

Rant over

Actually no,the whole Sky red button thing was a shambles and we have to pay for it!