British Speedway Forum

I think Harris deserves the nod again, he has worked hard this season and has made a couple of semi's. But I can not see any British riders, include Harris, that we could consider title contenders. Woffinden as looked out of it throughout the series, does not deserve and should not be given a place next season.

Who else is there icon_evil.gif

Woffinden was knocked out earlier in the season. Harris and Stead will be at Vojens next Saturday. The recent SWC final should give Harris some hopes of qualifying, although he didn't manage to qualify from Coventry last year. The Challenge Final usually throws up an unexpected qualifier, such as Lukas Dryml or Magnus Zetterstrom. How about Renat Gafurov this time around? He showed up well at Vojens in the SWC. I expect to see Iversen qualify from Vojens, although he will bring little to the GPs.

As I intimated earlier, I think this could be the season where BSI's much-loved, although totally unofficial "quota" system falls apart. How would they leave an ex-world champion and multiple GP-winner like Hancock out if he decided he fancied another season and wasn't in the top eight?

Are you talking about the Gaffer qualifying from Vojens or getting a nomination? Would have to be the latter, I don't think he qualified for the Challenge Final.

Certainly looks fascinating for the weekend and further ahead to see who will make up the 15 for next year. Unless BSI strike lucky, as you say, their nominations system will be under a bit of pressure. I'm sure they will be looking for a Swede and a Brit to qualify from Vojens, to give them a bit more flexibility with their choices, but it's possible that the Brits might be struggling to get their 2 free passes this year.

I love Nicki, if only for his tantrums off track wink.gif Being serious, we know that he's better than what we've seen this year, I suspect that another mechanic was sacked tonight too unsure.gif I think most of us expected more from Hans, another one that has failed to deliver, like AJ. As for Freddie, I won't write him off yet ..As for the British representation, Bomber is clearly not going to make the cut. But I believe he is taking part in the qualifiers, don't know about Tai. ??

I will stand by what I've always said about the GP process. Qualify and qualify by right.. in the top 8, or win your place from the qualifiers. No Nominations (regardless of your origins) smile.gif

Edit; Whoops, I nearly forgot, well done Bomber! ( just to please my resident stalker) blink.gif

Think bombers chances of qualifying are increasing with every gp . he certainly rode with more vigour last night

Think bombers chances of qualifying are increasing with every gp . he certainly rode with more vigour last night

If he qualifies from the challenge, which I think he will, there are no arguments. If he doesn't then he doesn't deserve a wild card pick. He has never qualified by right for the Grand Prix and cannot be given any more handouts - but like I said, I don't think it will come to that. I also think Lindgren & Woffinden should be dropped if they don't make it either.

You should try and get the best 15 riders you can in the GP Series.

After the 3 qualifiers have been decided then you make sure the best 12 riders are also in and that means Hans Andersen, Nicki Pedersen, Emil Sayfutdinov, Fredrik Lindgren and Andreas Jonsson should get wild cards if needed

Edited by T.N.T.

Oh well,finally a Polish Champion on the cards I fear,4 GP'S in Poland next year I suppose,maybe another Polish wild card in too?

This would be good for Polish Speedway and BSI. I hope Gollob does it. It's odd that Poland, being the main speedway nation, haven't produced more world champs!

Good meeting,good racing. GOLLOB MAD! He is so desperate to be world champ

he will do it by any means.Get better soon Emil. If it is a Pole champ?

Hampel or Holta. Defo not the mad man!

If he qualifies from the challenge, which I think he will, there are no arguments. If he doesn't then he doesn't deserve a wild card pick. He has never qualified by right for the Grand Prix and cannot be given any more handouts - but like I said, I don't think it will come to that. I also think Lindgren & Woffinden should be dropped if they don't make it either.

Think bomber will qualify through the gp challenge and it could lift a bit of weight off his shoulders and improve his riding in the gps . I too believe if he does not qualify

by his own ability he should not be in next year but who will take Tai and bombers places, it would have to be even smaller fish sad.gif

Decent GP. Shame about the dullard winner. Gollob is now looking set to become WC. Nasty move on Emil though. Seemed to panic when he should have waited. A race is 4 laps not one.

Oh well,finally a Polish Champion on the cards I fear,4 GP'S in Poland next year I suppose,maybe another Polish wild card in too? Oh and let's have a few more here too (and people wonder why we have a lack of British lads coming through?)

Well, unlike some British riders who are too weak to finish in top 8 every single season, Polish riders don't need any wild cards to ride in SGP. So don't worry, we won't take any of your wild cards.

Given that Gollob injured Sayfutdinov with a highly dangerous and reckless move tonight, should the referee been empowered to exclude the offending rider (in this case Gollob) from the rest of the meeting in such cases?

Gollob rode like a nutcase tonight - he needs to calm down a bit, or else he won't make it to Bydgoszcz for the final GP.

All the best

Rob

I hope we see Jonasson in this sort of form for Swindon tomorrow!

Agree Rob.

Red card for such a dangerous manouevre. Although he looked the best rider at times, that kind of riding, in an already dangerous sport, should be punished. Emil,on his way to hospital, while Gollob continues on to the final, and the chance of a win! Can't be right. I know people pay to see the riders, but because of that idiotic move, we are now all deprived of watching one of the most entertaining riders in the series.

Same for a league match.One rider takes out the oppo No.1. Get's excluded but comes out in heat 15, wins his team the meeting with the injured No.1 on his way to hospital.

I believe Gollob has little respect for a lot of the riders(except the likes of Crump), and waving the camera away shows little respect for the TV people that help keep his sports profile high.

Think he will, but I hope he never becomes World Champion.

Are you talking about the Gaffer qualifying from Vojens or getting a nomination? Would have to be the latter, I don't think he qualified for the Challenge Final.

Quite correct, mae culpa. I guess I should really have checked the qualifiers for Vojens, but just assumed Gafurov would've been one of the qualifiers from Togliatti (he probably wasn't even in the Togliatti meeting). Looking at the qualifiers for Vojens it's tricky to see a surprise rider coming through. I wouldn't discount Walasek, who has displayed an ability to get around Vojens in the past. I expect Iversen to progress, would like to see Kolodziej make it through and then maybe a Laguta. I don't think the British riders will make it.

You should try and get the best 15 riders you can in the GP Series.

After the 3 qualifiers have been decided then you make sure the best 12 riders are also in and that means Hans Andersen, Nicki Pedersen, Emil Sayfutdinov, Fredrik Lindgren and Andreas Jonsson should get wild cards if needed

Why Lindgren? Is this just some "little West-Midlander" thing? Okay, Lindgren's a big fish in the Elite League, but he's hardly produced a thing in the SGP and was poor in the SWC Final, nor is he any great shakes in the tougher Polish league.

I believe Gollob has little respect for a lot of the riders(except the likes of Crump), and waving the camera away shows little respect for the TV people that help keep his sports profile high.

Gollob is hardly the first and won't be the last rider to give a television camera a shove. Crump has done it, even Tony Rickardsson has done it (I think, although maybe he got one of his crew to do the deed on his behalf) and I'd be surprised if Nicki Pedersen hasn't done it.

Edited by ladyluck

Gollob

Crump

Hampel

Holta

Holder

Hancock

Andersen

Jonsson

--------

Kolodziej

Iversen