British Speedway Forum

When did i say i was blaming anone i said that it the gp's woul be closer if there were more Gp's in the uk and not as many in Poland

Would they? Let's take three British tracks that are FIM approved: Coventry, Peterborough snd King's Lynn. Hampel qualified from the GP challenge at Coventry last season; Harris didn't. Poland won the SWC round at Peterborough last season; Britain didn't. I can't imagine things would be greatly different at King's Lynn, where this season a full-strength British team defeated under-strength teams from Australia and Sweden.

Edited by ladyluck

Yeah the truth hurts eh :lol:

Maybe it hurts you cause you don't seem to be intelligent enough to lead any essential discussion representing rhetoric I could assign to a 15 year old retarded kid.

Your only answer for everything is Rune Holta. I think you are pathetic.

Edited by Mateusz

As previously mentioned, Holta has had his engines tested this year, and they were found to be significantly under the upper limit. I believe his engines have been tested on more than one occasion this year. Flemming is just doing a good job I guess !!

with the greatest of respect ... yes that is why I mentioned about "a very real, transparent and effective system put in place" ......... is measuring an engine enough? Is that all that could pervert the system?.... (although it is interesting that it came out under)

for the record I have not said that Flemming isnt just doing a good job...... I have said that I am concerned

Okay, you were one of the few, as most seemed content to put it down to professionalism and attention to detail, allied with great skill and ability. What about Crump in 2006, when he was just as dominant, until he eased off when the championship was assured? That season came after his switch from Jawa to GM. Or what about Nicki Pedersen in 2007 when he was similarly dominant?

You question Holta's engines and yet when they met earlier in the meeting Gollob easily overhauled Holta. What does that say about Gollob's engines? What does it say about Jonasson's engines? After all, in an earlier heat Jonasson was all over Gollob and only a yard or so separated them as the chequered flag fell?

who is saying that Crump or Pedersen havent also turned their hand to the darkside at times? I'm not... i'd like to think not (especially as for me Crump generally comes across as a stand up guy in the sport) but i'm not so naive as to assume so.... why are you reluctant? This is what i'm saying... rather than put in a transparent and effective system that provides the sport and the competition with real credibility it prefers to continue with a system that is fallable and I very much doubt they would flag up anything it found within its flagship anyway (in fact I can very much see a scenario where a private slap on the wrist is followed by slower bikes and a significant change from the previous domination :wink: )

indeed what does it say about Gollob's engines?......you use jonasson as an example and yes he was on one of the fastest bikes on the night....does that mean either of them have dubious machinery? ...what does it mean that Gollob rode slower when he hit the front in at least two of the heats (including the jonasson one)? it is easy to focus on individual instances ... the real litmus test is the wider picture over a season and just how easy it is for some riders to consistently anticipate and stay on what appears to be the perfect setup...... we dont get that opportunity with Jonasson but we do with the 15 permanent guys in the competition...

I am certain that it could be debated until the cows come home... and that it would come down to perception, favouritism and traditionalism as to who would be arguing what....... it doesnt change the fact that the sport is lagging way behind other world stage motor sports when it comes to inspection and making sure that it stays clean ...and that until it brings itself up to scratch this particular spectre will always be looming

am I wrong in thinking theres something of the Subedei about you? :wink:

Edited by spook

Maybe it hurts you cause you don't seem to be intelligent enough to lead any essential discussion representing rhetoric I could assign to a 15 year old retarded kid.

Your only answer for everything is Rune Holta. I think you are pathetic.

Oh so now we are going to take it out on the "unfortunate" retarded kids of the world are we ... its very offensive to pick on the unfortunate like that .... "retarded" children have enough problems in life without being used as a instrument of insult ... I have worked with them for years and at least they show more class than you ... they have uninvited problems .. you however are scum :angry:

Would they? Let's take three British tracks that are FIM approved: Coventry, Peterborough snd King's Lynn. Hampel qualified from the GO challenge at Coventry last season; Harris didn't. Poland won the SWC round at Peterborough last season; Britain didn't. I can't imagine things would be greatly different at King's Lynn, where this season a full-strength British team defeated under-strength teams from Australia and Sweden.

What about Rye House ? .would Harris have a better chance or a Uk track or a Polish track mmmThat 100% Harris on a Uk track ...Would Gollob have more chance in Poland or in the uk yet again 100 % in Poland sames go's for Hampel and Holta so yes of course in would be better for the brits if there was 3 rounds in the uk not even a debate .

What about Rye House ? .would Harris have a better chance or a Uk track or a Polish track mmmThat 100% Harris on a Uk track ...Would Gollob have more chance in Poland or in the uk yet again 100 % in Poland sames go's for Hampel and Holta so yes of course in would be better for the brits if there was 3 rounds in the uk not even a debate .

That will be why Gollob and Hampel were top scorers after twenty heats at Cardiff and Harris didn't record a single race win. As far as I can recall, in the Under-21 events staged at Rye House the occasional Pole did very well. Your 100% for Harris in Britain conveniently forgets his failure to qualify for the GPs from his home British track in 2009, while Hampel did.

We don't want it all. It's all about the money though, BSI are happy having 3 GP's in Poland cause Polish organisers pay them a lot for the rights to organise GP's in their cities.

Stop moaning and blaming Poland for everything then. Blame British promotors, some of your riders' attitude and their lack of professionalism instead.

Britain had many individual world champions in the past, it's time for Poland to catch up a bit with the statistics now :)

You got that correct,It's all about money,and who knows where it will end up,also I do blame the British promoters for the shambles that we have at some tracks,promoters don't seem to promote anymore

It's a shame a dullard like you is allowed anywhere near a computer. rolleyes.gif

Exactly, Rune is one of my favourite riders, always gives 100%, who cares if he rides on a polish license.

*BTW if anyone wants a copy of last nights gp, just pm me* regards noggin.

Edited by noggin

Well at least you got a winner last night,even if he was a fake,3 GP'S in Poland looks like the BSI are doing very nicely out of the SGP series along with Poland,and yes a Polish champ will benefit Poland even more you'll soon have it all,we'll see what happens next year,the British riders should be given more chances in their own leagues instead of foreign imports,regardless of a Brit in the GP'S next year or not,it's all nicely geared elsewhere

I too think Gollob is a great rider but has no respect for anyone,even the TV that help pay his wages and help his sponsors,looks like he has the title but I'm another who hopes he doesn't

What a load of BS.

Look at the last 13 GPs - Gollob has made 9 finals and would have been 10 if he had not had the EF at Cardiff. So looking at the 3 Grand Prix that he has not made the finals can you tell me the tracks? Well.....2 in Poland for a start so that rams your logic behind home advantage! Bydgoszcz 09, Leszno 10 and Vojens 09 are the in addition to Cardiff 10 that he did not make the final in.

I'm sure if you rewatch these 13 GPs you will probably count 40+ overtakes from Gollob, he got one wrong last night - it's done and dusted he was excluded, time to move on....nothing to see here!

That will be why Gollob and Hampel were top scorers after twenty heats at Cardiff and Harris didn't record a single race win. As far as I can recall, in the Under-21 events staged at Rye House the occasional Pole did very well. Your 100% for Harris in Britain conveniently forgets his failure to qualify for the GPs from his home British track in 2009, while Hampel did.

So are you saying that Harris is better chance of doing better v Gollob and Hampel on Polish tracks than he is has on Uk tracks ? That is an amazeing statement ....not sure what Cardiff has do with anythink as that is a temp track rolleyes.gif

Are repeat what i said The brits would have a better chance if there were 3 gp's on normal uk tracks rather that 3 polish one's no one has said anythink about beaten them or weather Hampel won a meeting at cov .

Edited by orion

So are you saying that Harris is better chance of beating Gollob and Hampel on Polish tracks than he is has on Uk tracks ? That is an amazeing statement ....not sure what Cardiff has do with anythink as that is a temp track rolleyes.gif

I don't think it makes much difference whether the track is in Poland, Britain or Surinam. If Harris has a good gate position and a pops out of the start he stands a decent enough chance. It's not necessarily the "head-to-head" races that count, it's the aggregate of five races. If we look back to 1986, everyone looked at the "head-to-head" between Gundersen and Nielsen. Gundersen won it; Nielsen was champion.

I read somewhere that Hans Andersen broke 2 fingers in his crash with Nicki yesterday bummer for him too.

I don't think it makes much difference whether the track is in Poland, Britain or Surinam. If Harris has a good gate position and a pops out of the start he stands a decent enough chance. It's not necessarily the "head-to-head" races that count, it's the aggregate of five races. If we look back to 1986, everyone looked at the "head-to-head" between Gundersen and Nielsen. Gundersen won it; Nielsen was champion.

Of course it would make a massive diffrence the same as it would be for the Poles the other way a round .Not sure what head to head battles have to do with Brits doing better if they had more gp's .

I think Saturdays qualifier is huge for Harris, at this point i can't see a british rider getting a wild card. Tai could do with a season to sort himself out again, he doesn't look happy with life at the moment and you can fully understand why but a break and get some confidence back would do him good. Bomber is unlucky in the fact that he has been riding better than he ever has done in the gp's but needs some good results to get into the top 8, can't see him getting another wild card with some better riders above him deserving of a place. IF they want a british rider in the grand prix's though then you can only look at Harris who deserves a chance. Scott proved at Cardiff he would be stepping back into a sticky mess returning to the gp's.

Its an expensive game when the majority of riders from round 1 just want to get in the top 8 for the next season. Can't see past Holder and Emil in the next few years.