Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

I would have thought Antonio Lindback would be a better value Wild Card than THJ.

Thats fine but we`ll be at Peterborough then!

We would have like to watch it Sat eve so we know the outcome because you can bet someone will tell us the result or they will mention it during the day at the finals??

Im gonna cancel my Sky sub. because they are raising there prices again by another £3,they can stuff it!!

What are ytou going to be doing at the showground at half past midnight (12:30 AM)?

Important round for the Pole's and Bjerre this one ..... but

1. Jason Crump

2. Tomasz Gollob

3. Nicki Pedersen

4. Andreas Jonsson

Beaten Semi's

Jarek Hampel

Freddie Lindgren

Chris Holder

Emil Sayfutdinov

Good luck to Freddie, Tai & Bomber :D

:mad: I have just set the grand prix on record tonite and found that it ends at 7. Surely this cannot be right. Since when does a grand prix only last an hour? Do sky think they have the right to cut off an event halfway through? They wouldnt do it to the football so why to the speedway? It is bang out of order. :mad:

They're showing all of it, it's just that after 7pm its on the red button.

They're showing all of it, it's just that after 7pm its on the red button.

But i am recording it, that means i wont see it all. :(

But i am recording it, that means i wont see it all. :(

As I'm going to Rye I have the same problem. Say's a lot about sky's attitude towards speedway. I can understand it's tough especially when there is other live sport on such as the ever popular 20/20 finals on lve but why on earth does sky feel the need to relegate speedway to the red button when there is recorded wrestling on for God's sake.

It's an absolute disgrace this red button problem. I pay virgin for my sky sports and should not have to miss out just because there is a clash, either sky should make red button facility available to virgin or they should put sports that have to be moved to red button free on the their website. I pay virgin a lot of money for my sports and I also subscribe to sky sports on my mobile phone but again no red button. I appreciate it will probably be somewhere on the net in polish but I like the English commentary and the pundits in the studio. I will never go back to sky as their customer service is a joke.

I cancelled my Virgin TV at the beginning of June and when they asked why I said because the red button did not work on Sky sports. I was assured that a deal had been made with Sky and interactive would be available very shortly and certainly for the football season.

whats the weather doing over there hope its better than here

I feel sorry for the people who have Virgin as they have no option due to Sky not being available in their area, however for the people who made a concious decision to choose Virgin as they were cheaper than Sky then your grievance doesn't lie at the door of Sky.

YOU had the choice, YOU made your decision and now YOU are complaining about it :rolleyes:

For those who are struggling with the red button issue (unsure what its all about tbh) here is a link that will have English commentary, invariably a decent stream too.

http://www.wockychannels.com/speedway.php

I gave subscription tv up long ago, not worth the expense for me I'm afraid. Can't recall missing a meeting that I wanted to see in the last 4yrs, ok sometimes there have been problems with broken streams but there is generally an alternative available somewhere.

The link above also has streams of some Danish & Swedish league meetings midweek, there are no charges but you an donate a few quid for the cause if you see fit, the fella seems to re-invest the money into new and better equipment/facilities. Either way I am pleased with what I get from it for just chucking a few £'s in the pot now and again.

Hope this helps.

It's repeated in full at 12:30 tonight (tomorrow morning). If you want to record it then set your timer for that one.

It's frustrating that it's on the red button tonight because I tend to watch it on time-slip and skip the adverts. Bit of a slap in the face for speedway but I haven't looked at viewing figures this year. Perhaps it's down. :unsure:

As I'm going to Rye I have the same problem. Say's a lot about sky's attitude towards speedway. I can understand it's tough especially when there is other live sport on such as the ever popular 20/20 finals on lve but why on earth does sky feel the need to relegate speedway to the red button when there is recorded wrestling on for God's sake.

Speedway should always come before wrestling although to be fair the only reason it's not on instead of the wrestling is because football first has to start at 8.25.

Do you know if the sky player (online) shows the red button action as I can access that via my mates login?

help!!!

my sky doesnt even show it on any channel wots appenin

I had it set in my sky+ planner and it has now been removed so it is not even on between 6 and 7 now