Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Fantastic ride from THJ!!!

Last to first, what a ride from the wee chap.

Gollob believing he's invincible when in fact he's just dangerous. Should be excluded from the whole meeting for that unnecessary and stupid move.

Totally agree. Red Card from the meeting if the rider he injured cannot take his rides

Totally agree. Red Card from the meeting if the rider he injured cannot take his rides

i agree with this too.

Pretty boring stuff so far, weakest wild card doing good so far :rolleyes:

You are having a laugh arnt you???

Decent meeting.

Good racing from Holta.

Gollob a bit squirrily at the start of the final.

I hope Emil recovers soon, and hope that Gollob's hand injury isn't bad.

Disappointing commentary again, with some silly references to the Gollob crash.

What engines does Holta use? He always looks 10mph faster than everyone else.

Flemming Gravesen GM I believe. His engines were measured in previous rounds and found to be way under size.....

The dirty Russian getting a taste of his own medicine. TG has to be World Champion this year.

In the end his moment of crass stupidity didn't end up costing Gollob too much. A few cuts and bruises, perhaps, but he takes the lead in the championship and - significantly - increased his lead over Crump. The real loser was, of course, Emil Sayfutdinov, who fell victim to a move as reckless as anything he has pulled.

Great showing from Thomas H Jonasson, who was always in the thick of the action. It's a shame he didn't quite make the semi-finals, but Chris Harris hit lucky with a very easy last ride. Jonsson was, once again, abject, although Nicki Pedersen's travails means that he's back in the top eight. He'll have to buck his ideas up if he wants to stay there.

Splendid performance from Holta and intelligent too. Gollob should perhaps reflect on Holta's pragmatic approach in their earlier race when Holta deferred to Gollob's inside move rather than risk a coming together with the air fence.

For those who are struggling with the red button issue (unsure what its all about tbh) here is a link that will have English commentary, invariably a decent stream too.

http://www.wockychan...om/speedway.php

I gave subscription tv up long ago, not worth the expense for me I'm afraid. Can't recall missing a meeting that I wanted to see in the last 4yrs, ok sometimes there have been problems with broken streams but there is generally an alternative available somewhere.

The link above also has streams of some Danish & Swedish league meetings midweek, there are no charges but you an donate a few quid for the cause if you see fit, the fella seems to re-invest the money into new and better equipment/facilities. Either way I am pleased with what I get from it for just chucking a few £'s in the pot now and again.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the link , only missed heat 20 .would have missed it all but for you .

Flemming Gravesen GM I believe. His engines were measured in previous rounds and found to be way under size.....

It could be said that Holta is somewhat undersize. There isn't a great deal to him, but he has a big heart, as is evidenced by his continual presence in the top eight year-on-year. It's good to see him finally having a "big" season. He could yet make the podium in the world championship. It really could be Poland's year.

Thanks for the link , only missed heat 20 .would have missed it all but for you .

You are welcome Dornier, as it happens the quality of the stream tonight was a little inferior to the usual but as I said earlier it's free, beggars can't be choosers eh.

Glad you were able to catch it, I noticed he is showing a Polish meeting tomorrow too, not sure which it will be, obviously the commentary will not be English but then again some of Nigel Pearsons rantings don't make a lot of sense, so no change there really.

From some of the comments I have seen it appears quite a few are getting ready to ditch their subscriptions to Virgin/Sky etc, got to say if they are messing people around the only way they will sort it is if they see their profits affected. Just like all the other technology providers they don't seem to care about keeping their customers happy, all the emphasis is on grabbing new clientelle, to me the golden rule should be to protect what you already have in the way of customers and the rest will take care of itself, still, what do I know.

It could be said that Holta is somewhat undersize. There isn't a great deal to him, but he has a big heart, as is evidenced by his continual presence in the top eight year-on-year. It's good to see him finally having a "big" season. He could yet make the podium in the world championship. It really could be Poland's year.

Just a shame he can't race under the flag of his home nation though or doesn't he care?

Idiotic move by Gollob, looks an angry man. Perhaps his off track problems are getting to him.

I wondered if that bit of lift he got meant that he couldn't pass Emil as tight/wasn't then on as tighter line, as he hoped, hence the clash?