British Speedway Forum

Looks like Gollob managed to not loose too many screws from up top with that absolute stupid move on bend 3 with Emil. Hope that Emil is OK and back racing soon, would rather watch exciting riders like him (nevermind the references to chasing back wheels yawn!)than riders who gate and win, don't gate and finish at the back

Just a shame he can't race under the flag of his home nation though or doesn't he care?

If ever I see him I'll be sure to ask.

Gollob believing he's invincible when in fact he's just dangerous. Should be excluded from the whole meeting for that unnecessary and stupid move.

As far as I'm aware there is no such rule in speedway, but I'd be happy to be told otherwise.

Gollob could've finished his own World Championship hopes in that move, but it does appear that he doesn't like the Russian for some reason - doubt if it is political history but do remember a couple of incidents last season between the two of them. I do hope it was not deliberate as that would tarnish the title if Gollob is to win it at last and I really did think he had rid himself of these mental aberrations. I am TG's biggest fan when it comes to riding a speedway bike, but this does have me shaking my head again.

Well done to Rune - 4th in the Championship is quite an achievement and a strange looking top 8 after this GP, but that is not a bad thing. A couple of seasons ago people were telling me that Nicki would rule the world for a number of years with his attitude and back up team. Where has it all gone?

As far as I'm aware there is no such rule in speedway, but I'd be happy to be told otherwise.

Gollob could've finished his own World Championship hopes in that move, but it does appear that he doesn't like the Russian for some reason - doubt if it is political history but do remember a couple of incidents last season between the two of them. I do hope it was not deliberate as that would tarnish the title if Gollob is to win it at last and I really did think he had rid himself of these mental aberrations. I am TG's biggest fan when it comes to riding a speedway bike, but this does have me shaking my head again.

Well done to Rune - 4th in the Championship is quite an achievement and a strange looking top 8 after this GP, but that is not a bad thing. A couple of seasons ago people were telling me that Nicki would rule the world for a number of years with his attitude and back up team. Where has it all gone?

Nicki has lost his biggest sponsor (Fionia bank) due to the credit crunch and seems to have lost his hunger. Still, 3 World Championships leave him as one of the sports greats. I would love to think he has one more big season left in him but sadly I can't see it.

Not too sure about the GPs, but certainly there have been examples of riders being thrown out of league meetings, both over here and in Poland. I think Zetterstrom was thrown out of a meeting at Newcastle a few year's ago.

Emil's broken his wrist, confirmed by his manager.

Bydgoszcz are f..ked.

You are having a laugh arnt you???

No the first 7 heats were boring.

Emil's broken his wrist, confirmed by his manager.

Bydgoszcz are f..ked.

Courtesy of Mr Gollob,.... :rolleyes: Nice one Tomasz...!!

Tomasz blew his own night with that stupid move !!! I actually would have credited him with more experience and sense before tonight...Idiot move!!! :rolleyes:

As for the rest, blimey it was a cracker, some seriously hard racing, loved it :)

No the first 7 heats were boring.

Boring? What meeting did You watch then?

The Thriller in Malilla was excellent speedway racing from start to finish. I have rarely seen a better and more entertaining meeting. The Gp series this year is phantastic, the best it has ever been, and everyone seems to be able to beat everyone out there. The tracks are excellent, too. Seems Tony Olsson is the right man as race director.

Courtesy of Mr Gollob,.... :rolleyes: Nice one Tomasz...!!

Tomasz blew his own night with that stupid move !!! I actually would have credited him with more experience and sense before tonight...Idiot move!!! :rolleyes:

As for the rest, blimey it was a cracker, some seriously hard racing, loved it :)

spot on!

This Gollob move reminded me so much of Hackney 1995, when Boyce floored him with a right hook. Same stupid riding by Gollob. Perhaps his nerves begin to come into play again, as the title is on the horizon.

Boring? What meeting did You watch then?

The Thriller in Malilla was excellent speedway racing from start to finish. I have rarely seen a better and more entertaining meeting. The Gp series this year is phantastic, the best it has ever been, and everyone seems to be able to beat everyone out there. The tracks are excellent, too. Seems Tony Olsson is the right man as race director.

I didn't say the meeting was boring, just the first 7 heats were a bit boring, it did liven up though, thats just my opinion :rolleyes:

spot on!

This Gollob move reminded me so much of Hackney 1995, when Boyce floored him with a right hook. Same stupid riding by Gollob. Perhaps his nerves begin to come into play again, as the title is on the horizon.

Every GP Gollob leads the way on the excitement levels, pass after pass - usually perfectly executed and dramatic.....exactly what every punter wants to see! Tonight he times one wrong and knocks a rider off, gets excluded - whats the problem? Glad to see it didn't affect his attitude when he passed Crump & Lindgren and then Lingdren again in the final.

5 points clear, the dream is drawing closer.

On a side note - really gutted for Bydgoszcz and the troops! Hopefully some kind of minor miracle can happen to keep them up!

I didn't say the meeting was boring, just the first 7 heats were a bit boring, it did liven up though, thats just my opinion :rolleyes:

Each to their own Noggin ;)

It was a difficult nights viewing for me..13 and 15 yr old nephews who are VERY loud, aren't conducive to good viewing..Luckily, we've got it on record later, so I can hear what was said too :)

Back to the meeting. Mr Gollob showed us he isn't as hard and self assured as he'd like us to believe. He was worried about Sayfutdinov... big time!

Edit: the red button viewing was like watching an old tv with no signal... I pay for 2010 HD viewing, not 1950s rubbish .....bah humbug LOL

Edited by Jacques

Obviously it was Gollob's mistake (he doesn't make many but this time he made a mistake, unfortunately) but his front wheel bumped a bit and he didn't do it on purpose. Such things happen. Some riders cause crashes involving their rivals frequently (like Pedersen) some other ones do it rarely (Gollob and a few others) but nobody's perfect. It's just a huge SHAME it was Emil who had to suffer this time :sad:

Edited by Mateusz

Each to their own Noggin ;)

It was a difficult nights viewing for me..13 and 15 yr old nephews who are VERY loud, aren't conducive to good viewing..Luckily, we've got it on record later, so I can hear what was said too :)

Back to the meeting. Mr Gollob showed us he isn't as hard and self assured as he'd like us to believe. He was worried about Sayfutdinov... big time!

Gollob was a bit naughty, although he picked up some extra drive which made the clash inevitable, gutted for emil though if he's out so soon after returning.