British Speedway Forum
SteveEvans

American Touring Team 2010 October Tour!

Pleased to announce that the proposed October tour is on! It's the 6th tour that has been done to the UK and we are having a little change in identity, rebadging our name as the AMERICAN TOURING TEAM. The Dream Team era has been fabulous and a total blast - I decided to rename it as whilst there is work to do I no longer feel we are 'dreaming' about getting riders to the UK. Kenny Ingalls has shown that with hard work US riders can make the grade in the Uk and there are two of our other riders who came in the Spring who are being approached to race in the PL in the not too distant future. It is also the first tour I have run solo since Gary Gomez decided to step down so I think it is fitting to modify our idendity.

The plan is to race at 6 full meetings and I can reveal that we will be at Plymouth on Friday 8th October for what is now a traditional race against the Devils. There are several other dates in the works and I hope the full schedule can be published within a week or so. It is possible that we may take in a mix of PL and NL dates (the PL dates with some help from our current PL Yanks) but that is somewhat dependent on the 7 riders we bring over, as our top end would need to be strong to justify such.

There are about a dozen riders who have expressed an interest and the next week or two should determine who is on board. It is possible we may have a very strong team and it is equally possible that we will have a team with 4-5 new faces and be weaker than recent times and we will gauage our opposition accordingly. There are a number of EL and PL tracks interested in having us though of course they won't necessarily have us race their full squads!

I can reveal that Fast Eddie Castro and Tyson Burmeister are planning to return along with at least one other rider from the Spring Tour. I am also very very happy to announce a partnership with Andrew Hale and the 'Penhall Museum'. Penhall Museum will be the title sponsor of the team but the partnership goes well beyond that in so much as Andrew is going to be very active on the UK side of the tour and in fact already brings a lot to the table.

If you want us at your track let us know, talk to your promoter, spread the good word. There is a lot of American talent that has not seen the light of say yet in the UK and some of these riders will be on show in October as we continue our quest to rebuild the USA and its presence in the UK leagues.

We are also seeking sponsors to assist with tour overhead / riders race jackets etc so if you love American Speedway riders and want to help, get in touch!

To help with logistics we are looking at renting bikes in the Midlands area preferably so if anyone can help with this send me a PM. We have about 4-5 bikes already so we are well on the way.

Edited by SteveEvans

Pleased to announce that the proposed October tour is on! It's the 6th tour that has been done to the UK and we are having a little change in identity, rebadging our name as the AMERICAN TOURING TEAM. The Dream Team era has been fabulous and a total blast - I decided to rename it as whilst there is work to do I no longer feel we are 'dreaming' about getting riders to the UK. Kenny Ingalls has shown that with hard work US riders can make the grade in the Uk and there are two of our other riders who came in the Spring who are being approached to race in the PL in the not too distant future. It is also the first tour I have run solo since Gary Gomez decided to step down so I think it is fitting to modify our idendity.

The plan is to race at 6 full meetings and I can reveal that we will be at Plymouth on Friday 8th October for what is now a traditional race against the Devils. There are several other dates in the works and I hope the full schedule can be published within a week or so. It is possible that we may take in a mix of PL and NL dates (the PL dates with some help from our current PL Yanks) but that is somewhat dependent on the 7 riders we bring over, as our top end would need to be strong to justify such.

There are about a dozen riders who have expressed an interest and the next week or two should determine who is on board. It is possible we may have a very strong team and it is equally possible that we will have a team with 4-5 new faces and be weaker than recent times and we will gauage our opposition accordingly. There are a number of EL and PL tracks interested in having us though of course they won't necessarily have us race their full squads!

I can reveal that Fast Eddie Castro and Tyson Burmeister are planning to return along with at least one other rider from the Spring Tour. I am also very very happy to announce a partnership with Andrew Hale and the 'Penhall Museum'. Penhall Museum will be the title sponsor of the team but the partnership goes well beyond that in so much as Andrew is going to be very active on the UK side of the tour and in fact already brings a lot to the table.

If you want us at your track let us know, talk to your promoter, spread the good word. There is a lot of American talent that has not seen the light of say yet in the UK and some of these riders will be on show in October as we continue our quest to rebuild the USA and its presence in the UK leagues.

We are also seeking sponsors to assist with tour overhead / riders race jackets etc so if you love American Speedway riders and want to help, get in touch!

To help with logistics we are looking at renting bikes in the Midlands area preferably so if anyone can help with this send me a PM. We have about 4-5 bikes already so we are well on the way.

Team Castro is Proud & Honored to be returning with Steve Evans' American Touring Team.

The Capt. & I are excited to visit our 'Devil' friends @ Plymouth, as well as visiting the other tracks showing interest. The Team coming together, along with Tyson & Fast Eddie, is proving to be professional and very talanted !

Having recently (July) won the 25th Anniversary Track Championship @ Victorville with a Maximum Points Night !

Capt. Fast Eddie Castro @ 51 years of age re-affirms that He is " .... STILL GOING STRONG .... STILL GOING FAST " !!

See you in October !

~ Eddie & Romie Castro ~

Team Castro is Proud & Honored to be returning with Steve Evans' American Touring Team.

The Capt. & I are excited to visit our 'Devil' friends @ Plymouth, as well as visiting the other tracks showing interest. The Team coming together, along with Tyson & Fast Eddie, is proving to be professional and very talanted !

Having recently (July) won the 25th Anniversary Track Championship @ Victorville with a Maximum Points Night !

Capt. Fast Eddie Castro @ 51 years of age re-affirms that He is " .... STILL GOING STRONG .... STILL GOING FAST " !!

See you in October !

~ Eddie & Romie Castro ~

biggrin.gif

24 year old John Marquez is named as the next rider to the team. John has been racing for 4 years and for a long time brought a large number of fans to Victorville where he was very popular. He has been riding for 4 years and will hold down position 6 or 7 on the team. John has wanted to do this for a long time but now he is ready to come!

24 year old John Marquez is named as the next rider to the team. John has been racing for 4 years and for a long time brought a large number of fans to Victorville where he was very popular. He has been riding for 4 years and will hold down position 6 or 7 on the team. John has wanted to do this for a long time but now he is ready to come!

Is he good looking and fun??? icon_smile_wink.gif

Steve,

Kenny Ingalls is a credit to himself, his Family and his Country. He's a well mannered boy and has time for anyone who wants a chat in the bar after the meeting. He has settled in well up in Cumbria, he's getting better with every meeting and is becoming a firm favorite with the Comets supporters, especialy the young female ones. lol His never say die attitude, his bike skills and riding style are a pleasure to watch.

I for one (not the only one) will be hoping that our promotion, keep Kenny with us for next season.

Edited by workyboy

Steve,

Kenny Ingalls is a credit to himself, his Family and his Country. He's a well mannered boy and has time for anyone who wants a chat in the bar after the meeting. He has settled in well up in Cumbria, he's getting better with every meeting and is becoming a firm favorite with the Comets supporters, especialy the young female ones. lol His never say die attitude, his bike skills and riding style are a pleasure to watch.

I for one (not the only one) will be hoping that our promotion, keep Kenny with us for next season.

well said Workyboy.

Really pleased he has done well. I'm only a small part of the Dream Team set up, but it still makes me proud when I read posts like this.

And with the way Gino has turned things around as well - get future these lads, I'm proud to say "these are MY boys"

Great to see the Yanks are returning. I love watching these guys race, especially Eddie!

Sandie - have we ever disappointed? Here is John's Profile http://www.speedwaybikes.com/rw/ujohnmarquez.htm

Workyfan - Great to hear that Kenny is a hit up in Cumbria. We are really thrilled he is doing so well and his story this year is inspirational to a lot of riders on this side of the pond.

SuperG - We wanna ride Sheffield to see Fast Eddie hit it there!

How about STARS and BIKES TOUR sound real good and rhymes with yer flag you so proudly wave. Cant wait for it.

Edited by KenB1

I like the pun 'Dream team reloaded' Maybe something you could use for press releases over here!

Great news you Boys are coming back to entertain us. Are you bringing the Animal? Britain awaits!

Well, I've never heard Rommie referred to as the animal but if Eddie is coming then I guess the Mrs will be back as well!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif