British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
speedwaydan208

Bournemouth V Dudley

I was going to go to this fixture but see that it is a double header with Poole riding first.

Does anyone know how this is going to be scheduled to get both meetings completed within the time limits and how admission prices will work if you only want to see the Buccs fixture?

I could be wrong but personally I doubt that they'd be any particular arrangement in place to allow someone to come in and pay separately for the NL match. 'Normal' double-header arrangements would apply I'd imagine....

If you go to the turnstiles after the Poole meeting has finished, can't see them charging you £18.50 to get in especially when the buccs crowds have been quite low this year apart from the last one. But as 21CH says better to check with the stadium first!

Good Point for the Heathens with Lee Smart and Jake Anderson doing very well. I must say I'm a bit surprised with Tom Perrys score :shock: but well done Dudley.

This one was a good meeting, after 4 heats i thought that the Heathens would just crumble, but fair play to them, they battled and got a point they probably deserved. James Sarjent looks a decent prospect, battled all the way(headed Barry Evans in both stagings of ht 4) he is only 15 isnt he? and good to see Mark Baseby score well tonight, still miffed at the changes going from a balanced 1-5 to a strong top 4 and a weak rider at number 2(Aarron has been struggling even at reserve), but the management must know what they are doing.

Also nice to see soo many Dudley fans make the trip down, very vocal lot they were tonight

This one was a good meeting, after 4 heats i thought that the Heathens would just crumble, but fair play to them, they battled and got a point they probably deserved. James Sarjent looks a decent prospect, battled all the way(headed Barry Evans in both stagings of ht 4) he is only 15 isnt he? and good to see Mark Baseby score well tonight, still miffed at the changes going from a balanced 1-5 to a strong top 4 and a weak rider at number 2(Aarron has been struggling even at reserve), but the management must know what they are doing.

Also nice to see soo many Dudley fans make the trip down, very vocal lot they were tonight

Makes you wonder though,doesnt it? :wink:

Superb support for the Heathens.Great to see you all there.I hope it becomes permanent for you. :approve:

With Barrie Evans having a mare of a meeting,Sarj riding a superb debut,that was the difference really.The Buccs all rode as expected,yet Dudley had two riders (Perry/Evans)completely off form.

If this had been a one off meeting,on a properly prepared track,I remain convinced that Dudley would have won.

Oh hang on....Poole and properly prepared track......dont really go together,do they? :blink:

Edited by BobC

Fair comments from some fair minded fans, but another point i must make is Richard Franklin, he is better than this, but he is really struggling at the moment, remember its only two weeks since he stopped Jake from being on the podium at Belle Vue, he really must start turning his individual displays into points for The Heathens, if an arm round his shoulder, or a kick up the a**e dont work then there remains only one other option, so come on Richard turn that ability into points mate....

How we missed Armo, it would have been reasonable to have expected him to have scored his average of 8 + at least, and all i can say is well done to the Buccs, you can only beat whats in front of you, and you did that, for Dudley it was a case of if buts and maybe...

Edited by greyhoundp

Having not been there to see it myself I don't know whether to be gutted that 'Fred' had such a nightmare, disappointed by a shocking debut for Evans, annoyed by the continuing poor form by Rich (3-point average away :() on the road or proud of the rest for a cracking effort to get back in to the meeting and claim a potential vital point. It feels like another one that got away from us on the road. Surely the win was there for the taking on another day. Hey-ho, we're joint top and I didn't expect that just a few weeks ago. This result probably means we need something out of the IOW meeting and will probably need to beat Newport at home to top the league. Ultimately topping league means little but it would be a nice feather in the cap and a nice bit of positive marketing potential for the club and potential negative media coverage for Dudley Council. Surely if the local tv news/papers/radio report Dudley's most successful sports team has topped the league but had to ride outside the town to do so it would be embarrassing for the Council and may make them sit up and take note (I won't hold my breath though).

But all that aside congrats to Bournemouth and a special mention for Sarj. I'm delighted to see him scoring points, even though it cost us the meeting in many respects. Having averaged less than 3 for us I was of the opinion that dropping him was absolutely the right decision. I was also of the opinion that he was giving it everything he'd got and that he was capable of much more, but for whatever reason it was just not working out for him. He was a superb guest for us in our home meeting at B'ham a couple of weeks ago and paid 11 last night is almost half the number he scored for us in all 7 meetings he had in Heathens colours (paid 24 in total). Great effort. :)

Not sure of the scorers as I could not get a programme but very impressed wth James Sarjeant and Ashley Morris.

Without doubt one of the highlights of this seasons NL has been the wonderful travelling support of the Heathens. Once again they added to the atmosphere by turning up in large numbers and sticking together to form a patch of the Black Country in an away stadium. You lot are a real credit to Speedway. :) :) :)

Here are the scorers, taken from the Dudley website.

BOURNEMOUTH: Mark Baseby 12, Jerran Hart 11, James Brundle 9+1, James Sargeant 8+3, Kyle Howarth 6+1, Danny Stoneman 2+1. Aaron Baseby 2.

DUDLEY: Lee Smart 14+1, Jake Anderson 14, Ashley Morris 8+1, Mickey Dyer 6+1, Barrie Evans 2, Tom Perry 1+1, Richard Franklin 0 .

Nothing wrong with Richards home form; 8.57, or 7.81 ex BPs (not quite up to date but a fair indication)

away from home its apparent things aren't going too well, but following a nasty spill at kings Lynn, and a switch to reserve, im sure things will improve.

Another spirited fightback, and now (aside from the IOW re staging) a run of home fixtures to end the regular season, everything from the teams performances, to the levels of support on the terraces both home and away has exceeded expectations so far,and then some! long may it continue

Edited by heathen76

Rich has ridden very well at home and he deserves a lot of credit for his performances in those meetings. Equally he deserves any criticism because his away form is shocking. There's no getting away from the fact that it's not just since the crash a few weeks ago. You only have a 3-point average after several meetings if you're consistently struggling. Still, we have a run of home meetings over the next few weeks so we can look forward to some very solid performances by the Heathens if form so far is anything to go by. :)

It was a decent meeting played out on a slick track which had no attention made to it throughout the meeting, which was rattled through in an hour. The Poole meeting previous to this was raced on one of the best prepared tracks of the season. but due to time constraints the two minute light came on as soon as the riders from the previous heat left the track.

By heat 10 gating was paramount and Dudly got dialled in at the starts. I am convinced tht if the track had received the same attention as the Poole meeting, with regular grading, Buccs would probably have won by a larger margin. There was nothing there for any rider in the latter part of the meeting and Brundle and Hart could make up no ground if they had missed the start.

Good support from the 100 or so Cradley fans who made the trip down. very vocal and gave their team plenty of cheering on. Good for them.

I wasn't there mate but I'd have fancied our boys if there was more dirt on it. The Bournemouth riders must have been asleep if the Heathens were out-gating them. Apart from Smarty, ironically, they are dreadful from the gate most of the time. I've lost count of the number of times Perry has gone from last to first, and Franklin is a different rider on his home track/s. Morris has scored a fair few from the back too. If the track was as bad as comments generally suggest then it's no surprise Perry had his worst meeting of his short career really. A very slick track would be completely alien to him having come from grasstrack.