British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
speedwaydan208

Bournemouth V Dudley

Steve a question, i read somewhere further up in this topic, that there were a 100 or so Heathens fans at Poole, from what i have been told this guesstimate was way out..how many would you have estimated..??

Steve a question, i read somewhere further up in this topic, that there were a 100 or so Heathens fans at Poole, from what i have been told this guesstimate was way out..how many would you have estimated..??

I am terrible at estimating those kind of figures. Certainly in excess of 100 I'd say but not necessarily 'way out'.

Best view I had was watching Heat 15 from the 3rd/4th bend (as I was trying to beat the rush out of the car park to catch a ferry back to the IoW). When Jake and Lee went round on their back wheels to celebrate the 5-1, it looked like the whole of the Grandstand were on their feet, chanting 'Heathens, Heathens...' - just wish I had captured it on video or at least taken a pic. :rolleyes:

Finally, the wonderful HEATHENS FANS - what a turn out all the way down at Poole (and Isle of Wight) on a midweek match. I just wish the home tracks would wake up to the fact that we're bringing a big following. After queuing in traffic for half an hour to reach the stadium, the car park was full and programmes had sold out. Many fans didn't get a programme and lots of Heathens fans are quite avid collectors, so this was a real inconvenience and disappointment.

Hmm, maybe not that many though who post on here, as NO-ONE has taken up my offer of a copy from the meeting..!!!! :blink:

Thats true Parsloes, probably only around 6 of us who contribute on here..i would guess.

Thats true Parsloes, probably only around 6 of us who contribute on here..i would guess.

Maybe its because all the Heathens fans were early, in the front of the queue, - we had to wait >30mins for the gates to open - , and all got a programme.

It would be the locals, who turn up just in time for the parade, that might not have got a prog !

Maybe its because all the Heathens fans were early, in the front of the queue, - we had to wait >30mins for the gates to open - , and all got a programme.

It would be the locals, who turn up just in time for the parade, that might not have got a prog !

No probs!!! I was there early too and noted you Black Country folk had beaten me to it!!!! :wink:

Glad that you got a prog as I agree it would've been a shame if you'd missed out...

Actually on that subject, Nigel the prog. editor did ask me what Heathens fans thought of our humble effort... So go on, what's your verdict..?!! :unsure:

Title script font too fancy, - and 'Bucc v Dudley' too insignificant on the front page.

Title script font too fancy, - and 'Bucc v Dudley' too insignificant on the front page.

Okay fair enuff.

For my part there's absolutely no question that the best NL prog. (by some considerable distance...) this year is...: yours at Dudley...! :wink:

Well done to all involved... :approve: