British Speedway Forum
tim webster

Team Place Tim Webster

I am looking for a Team place. Not currently in a National League declared 1 - 7. Current average 6.69.

Contact me on 07827 784725.

Tim Webster

Edited by tim webster

Good luck Tim, i can think of a few teams who could do with your points scoring ability..

It's no consolation Tim but we at Newport can't believe what has happened. I hope you get fixed up soon and thank you for all you've done for the Hornets this season

It's no consolation Tim but we at Newport can't believe what has happened. I hope you get fixed up soon and thank you for all you've done for the Hornets this season

Have to agree fully with chris1 I totally cant believe what happened, tim you have been a great rider and all fans approve of u!! Hope you find a team place soon. Just dont give up

What has happened?

wtf?

ok logic here please...surely hornets are a development side for the wasps long term. OK we have had a great season and winning the title is important but....

i though tim was signed for the future? tim has a tidy style and has scored good points.

no dispespect to luke who is well known to wasp fans due to his stirling efforts as a reserve several years back and his awful injury a few years back but hardly a signing for the future?

i am disappointed on two counts

lack of info from official sources and this replacement doesnt seem to fit the hornets main objective to me

best of luck tim for the future - i will miss your efforts for one

ps things had been improving so much lately but this is a spanner in the works for me

What a strange change to make, makes the Hornets weaker IMO.

Best of luck trying to find a team place Tim.

I have been asked by Steve Mallett to post the following :

Tim has not been dropped from the Hornets but rested. He was injured in the clash at Kings Lynn and although early reports indicated some broken bones he luckily escaped with sprains and bruising.

The club received a text off Tim informing us that he would be out of action for a few weeks. With some important fixtures up and coming it was decided to look for cover for him whilst out of action rather than rely on Rider Replacement. With the unfortunate loss of Mildenhall from the league Luke Priest became available and the club negotiated to bring him to Newport.

In the meantime Tim has decided to declare himself fit to ride despite his earlier text indicating he would not be riding.

Having re-declared the team the club have decided not to go back on their deal with Luke Priest and he will make his debut at home on Sunday against Weymouth.

Tim Webster remains part and parcel of Newport Speedway and we hope to welcome him back into the side soon.

Tim has not been dropped from the Hornets but rested. He was injured in the clash at Kings Lynn and although early reports indicated some broken bones he luckily escaped with sprains and bruising.

The club received a text off Tim informing us that he would be out of action for a few weeks. With some important fixtures up and coming it was decided to look for cover for him whilst out of action rather than rely on Rider Replacement. With the unfortunate loss of Mildenhall from the league Luke Priest became available and the club negotiated to bring him to Newport.

In the meantime Tim has decided to declare himself fit to ride despite his earlier text indicating he would not be riding.

Having re-declared the team the club have decided not to go back on their deal with Luke Priest and he will make his debut at home on Sunday against Weymouth.

Tim Webster remains part and parcel of Newport Speedway and we hope to welcome him back into the side soon.

This press release looks utter twaddle. No way is there any intention of bringing Webster back into the side later on.

Seeing as you've re-declared the team, Webster can't be fitted into the side full stop. Priest will have to up his average for Webster to get his spot back but if Priest does that then there's no point in bring Webster back as there's no way that Kurtz, Newman, Atkin & Jones will be dropped. So basically, he's out of the team barring injuries and surely the boys career isn't gonna be held up for that.

Edited by screamer

Does the bit I have bolded mean that Newport don't want to use Tim Webster - but they don't want to let the guy ride for anyone else either...

Is anyone else finding it sad that these young British riders are so desperate to ride that they're coming on here to advertse the fact. So much has been said that British lads don't seem to want to ride ... perhaps people can now see the effort that is being made...

I do not believe 'rested' exists. I informed the promotion on 3 August that I would be fit to ride on 15 August against Weymouth. This was confirmed to the promotion by my Father. I am fully fit and I am riding at Plymouth this Friday in a second half.

I do not believe 'rested' exists. I informed the promotion on 3 August that I would be fit to ride on 15 August against Weymouth. This was confirmed to the promotion by my Father. I am fully fit and I am riding at Plymouth this Friday in a second half.

That clears things up a bit! Good luck for the 2nd half and so are u not ridin for newport anytime again this season?

So not only have we lost a club in Mildenhall, their demise has put Danny Halsey and now Tim Webster, two young Brits, out of a job. This is not a dig at Jerran Hart or Luke Priest btw, they do need to work, however Jerran is more than holding his own at Premier level, whilst Luke is probably at his level now, no doubt he could have gone further if it wasn't for his terrible injuries a few years back.

Best of luck to Tim and Danny on finding new teams.