British Speedway Forum
tim webster

Team Place Tim Webster

I have been asked by Steve Mallett to post the following :

Tim has not been dropped from the Hornets but rested. He was injured in the clash at Kings Lynn and although early reports indicated some broken bones he luckily escaped with sprains and bruising.

The club received a text off Tim informing us that he would be out of action for a few weeks. With some important fixtures up and coming it was decided to look for cover for him whilst out of action rather than rely on Rider Replacement. With the unfortunate loss of Mildenhall from the league Luke Priest became available and the club negotiated to bring him to Newport.

In the meantime Tim has decided to declare himself fit to ride despite his earlier text indicating he would not be riding.

Having re-declared the team the club have decided not to go back on their deal with Luke Priest and he will make his debut at home on Sunday against Weymouth.

Tim Webster remains part and parcel of Newport Speedway and we hope to welcome him back into the side soon.

Wouldnt calling the rider to see how he was before signing another been the best way to handle it?Do you have telephones in Wales? :wink:

Edited by montie

Tim has not been dropped from the Hornets but rested. He was injured in the clash at Kings Lynn and although early reports indicated some broken bones he luckily escaped with sprains and bruising.

The club received a text off Tim informing us that he would be out of action for a few weeks. With some important fixtures up and coming it was decided to look for cover for him whilst out of action rather than rely on Rider Replacement. With the unfortunate loss of Mildenhall from the league Luke Priest became available and the club negotiated to bring him to Newport.

In the meantime Tim has decided to declare himself fit to ride despite his earlier text indicating he would not be riding.

Having re-declared the team the club have decided not to go back on their deal with Luke Priest and he will make his debut at home on Sunday against Weymouth.

Tim Webster remains part and parcel of Newport Speedway and we hope to welcome him back into the side soon.

I was told on sunday at Newport that they had got rid of Tim Webster, i did think it was just some silly rumour. Turns out it was true, so several people already new about this then. The bit about resting Tim seems a bit of a joke in poor taste. :sad:

I was told on sunday at Newport that they had got rid of Tim Webster, i did think it was just some silly rumour. Turns out it was true, so several people already new about this then. The bit about resting Tim seems a bit of a joke in poor taste. :sad:

Good luck in finding a team place Tim always entertaining to watch and you would be an asset to any club.

Good luck in finding a team place Tim always entertaining to watch and you would be an asset to any club.

Maybe he could take over the Saints no 1 race jacket? :lol::unsure::shock:

Maybe he could take over the Saints no 1 race jacket? :lol::unsure::shock:

Now that is a very very good idea please suggest it to Mr Godfrey PLEASE!!!!!!

sorry i still dont get it exactly why had tim been replaced? ive read newport's release and read tim's seems to me that tim's not been treated too well

The Newport promotion dont seem to be that good with communicating to their riders when it comes to replacing them.. Didnt similar happen with Nick Simmons last year? :rolleyes:

The Newport promotion dont seem to be that good with communicating to their riders when it comes to replacing them.

Trying to get my head around this one.

Newport are told by Tim via text message that he's gonna be out of action for a few weeks. Rather than rely on R/R to cover his absence, and being unable to read peoples' minds, Newport sign a short-term replacement, Luke Priest. Tim changes his mind, but Newport have already committed to Luke.

Where does this mean that Newport aren't in touch with what's going down? Tim can't be expected to have it both ways, can he? I hope to see Tim back for the Hornets, but he's going a strange way about it. Maybe he's been poorly advised, who knows?, but I can't see this reflecting badly on the club, who seem to have done what anyone put in their situation would do. As has also been stated Mark Jones will be heading home shortly, and presumably Tim will be welcome back then. Maybe Tim would have been better advised to meet with management in person rather than Text them, then this whole mess may never have arisen.

Edited by BigFatDave

i want to say something but im not going to.........im sad for british speedway

and the way they treat their british riders.sad sad sad sad

Edited by marcusthepom

Lemon

Werner

Simmons

Mason

Owen

Hazeldene

Hurst

Tregoning

Quick list of riders who have all been wrong according to mallets. Probably more that i dont know about plus those from last years team who would not go back to newport if the wages were double. Not bad for a season an a bit. Can believe webster but take anything said by mallet promoters with a pinch of salt

Lemon

Werner

Simmons

Mason

Owen

Hazeldene

Hurst

Tregoning

Quick list of riders who have all been wrong according to mallets. Probably more that i dont know about plus those from last years team who would not go back to newport if the wages were double. Not bad for a season an a bit. Can believe webster but take anything said by mallet promoters with a pinch of salt

I don't quite understand what this post is about.. Werner was dropped for poor form. Lemon was dropped because we needed a big number 1. Owen wasn't signed because he didn't want to be a Newport asset. Hurst just wasn't re signed for this year and same with Hazeldene. Tregoning had visa problems and our team plans had to be changed when Jonas wasn't coming back.

Not sure about Mason and Simmons however. But this is nothing more than a TROLL POST!

To tell you the truth, there have been hundreds of incidents like this performed by other teams but it seems everyone is quick to slag off the Mallets and just brush it aside when other teams do it. :blink:

Edited by NWS

Lemon

Werner

Simmons

Mason

Owen

Hazeldene

Hurst

Tregoning

Please <moderate your language>.

I don\'t quite understand what this post is about.. Werner was dropped for poor form. Lemon was dropped because we needed a big number 1. Owen wasn\'t signed because he didn\'t want to be a Newport asset. Hurst just wasn\'t re signed for this year and same with Hazeldene. Tregoning had visa problems and our team plans had to be changed when Jonas wasn\'t coming back.

Not sure about Mason and Simmons however. But this is nothing more than a TROLL POST!

To tell you the truth, there have been hundreds of incidents like this performed by other teams but it seems everyone is quick to slag off the Mallets and just brush it aside when other teams do it. :blink:

You just repeat what the promotion have told you. ask any of those riders what they think of newports promoters and if those are the right reasons. would bet my life that webster is telling the truth