British Speedway Forum
tim webster

Team Place Tim Webster

If Mark Jones goes back after the August transfer wotsit closes will Tim be able to go back I don't know how it works or would they have to use Tim before the end of August and drop Mark :unsure:

Jules

You just repeat what the promotion have told you. ask any of those riders what they think of newports promoters and if those are the right reasons. would bet my life that webster is telling the truth

Sounds like you have got a bit of a grudge :sad:

Edited by firesam

You just repeat what the promotion have told you. ask any of those riders what they think of newports promoters and if those are the right reasons. would bet my life that webster is telling the truth

Nobody is saying Tim is lying! But your post was just a troll post with no relevance to this situation.

why doesnt tim tell them he was born in aussie while his mum and dad were on holiday, so he could technically be aussie they ll be coming out in there droves,dont have to be any good either cant lose

i want to say something but im not going to.........im sad for british speedway

and the way they treat their british riders.sad sad sad sad

Just to add to this; it does seem that the demise of Mildenhall and the availability of a couple of high-quality riders on the market has contributed to both Tim and Danny Halsey losing their spots through no fault of their own. Newport's management do seem to have been caught between a rock and a hard place; maybe they over-reacted to Tim's original message declaring himself unfit but they obviously had to move quickly to secure a replacement with the business end of the season almost upon us.

That said, this thread has given another opportunity for those BSF members who only seem to see bad in everything the Malletts have done to slag them off, conveniently forgetting that without them there would be yet another empty stadium growing cobwebs (I nearly said 'gathering dust'!).

Tim and Danny both impress as young riders who just want to ride, and I sincerely hope they both get back on track again sooner rather than later. If sponsorship could be found I'm sure they'd benefit from a trip DownUnder with the Darren & Sharon Boocock Scholarship. More to the point, maybe its time for some of the older riders in the NL to move aside and give these youngsters another shot?

A second half appearance last night at plymouth by none other than the so called out injured Tim Webster was a joy to watch as he certainly proved that the injury theory wasnt justified with some very quick and hard laps around the St. Boniface areana. My only wish is i wish we could fit him in at plymouth as if thats how he goes injured then what would he do when fit. Another young British rider who deserves a team spot and would certainly improve many a team in the national league on the form shown last night for an injured rider.

This does not mention injury and sounds like a more true story. The list was about riders who left the club and mallets story was not the same as the one they will tell you. Newman looks like he could be another one. So when people were saying that it could be websters fault it is important that he was not first to be dumped on.

good luck tim in finding a team, seems the mallats have droped anothor clanger, there loss will be some one else gain

I have been asked by Steve Mallett to post the following :

Tim has not been dropped from the Hornets but rested. He was injured in the clash at Kings Lynn and although early reports indicated some broken bones he luckily escaped with sprains and bruising.

The club received a text off Tim informing us that he would be out of action for a few weeks. With some important fixtures up and coming it was decided to look for cover for him whilst out of action rather than rely on Rider Replacement. With the unfortunate loss of Mildenhall from the league Luke Priest became available and the club negotiated to bring him to Newport.

In the meantime Tim has decided to declare himself fit to ride despite his earlier text indicating he would not be riding.

Having re-declared the team the club have decided not to go back on their deal with Luke Priest and he will make his debut at home on Sunday against Weymouth.

Tim Webster remains part and parcel of Newport Speedway and we hope to welcome him back into the side soon.

this says injured though

If Mark Jones goes back after the August transfer wotsit closes will Tim be able to go back I don't know how it works or would they have to use Tim before the end of August and drop Mark :unsure:

Jules

Im sure no rider can be signed who is already in a sides "official" 1-7 after 31st August. So If Tim isn't in a decleared teams 1-7 he can sign for Newport to replace Mark Jones. I think thats how the rules go :unsure: . But then again this is Speedway :o:D

Im sure no rider can be signed who is already in a sides "official" 1-7 after 31st August. So If Tim isn't in a decleared teams 1-7 he can sign for Newport to replace Mark Jones. I think thats how the rules go :unsure: . But then again this is Speedway :o:D

That clears that up then lol I did get told the other day that the reason why Weymouth couldn't sign the Aussie Tom Armstrong was because there are only allowed to be 12 Aussies in the NL anyone else heard of this :blink:

That clears that up then lol I did get told the other day that the reason why Weymouth couldn't sign the Aussie Tom Armstrong was because there are only allowed to be 12 Aussies in the NL anyone else heard of this :blink:

[/

quot

I was told that every aussie riding in the nl was riding ilegally,and that there are no work permits available that'll be why tom armstrong can't ride ;) can of worms spring to mind

Havent heard that one, i can only think of four aussies anyhow.

Choper

If Mark Jones is on his way home, why cant they just sack him and bring Webster straight back, after all he is available for the rest of the season ?

Havent heard that one, i can only think of four aussies anyhow.

Choper

Buxton:

Morris

Branson

Dudley:

Anderson

Dyer

Newport:

Kurtz

Jones

Unless someone else knows different?