British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Killer Cat from Mars

Buxton Vs Rye House Nl

How does everyone see this meeting going? Can the Hitmen send the Cobras away pointless? Has anyone got the lineups?

How does everyone see this meeting going? Can the Hitmen send the Cobras away pointless? Has anyone got the lineups?

Can you please give us a local weather report tomorrow AM. At moment in south a bit damp at the moment.Cheers .

Can you please give us a local weather report tomorrow AM. At moment in south a bit damp at the moment.Cheers .

Has been raining on and off but the sun is out now and the forecast is for it to remain dry with temps at 21.

Has been raining on and off but the sun is out now and the forecast is for it to remain dry with temps at 21.

Any team news please, Jayne ?

My car is out of action but I am coming over by train and getting a lift with young Mr Evans. :approve:

Weather dry and fine. Evans guests for Hughes and r/r for Owen for the Cobras. Cook and Morris ride for the Hitmen as they have no PL match today.

Is Marc Owen still injured?

Marc is still not riding due to his broken colarbone. Off to see Simpson tomorrow. Due to the position of the break, it has been more troublesome than first thought due to being so close to the growth plate.

Not a bad meeting, and good to see young Mr Evans back to form. He was very disappointed about his display for Dudley at Bournemouth (which has been traced to a fault in his electrics) and was gating like a train today. No fears for Dudley for the rest of the season.

Thanks to Barrie, Joe & Kevin for picking me up from the station before the meeting and taking me back afterwards. :approve:

Good to see my old mate Proud Potter there and to have a chat. Malcolm & I have crossed swords on here several times but he remains a man of absolute integrity and committed to the best interests of British Speedway. Some a day a role might be found for him nationally (although whether he'd want it I am not so sure).

Two bad notes : Joe Jacobs was taken to hospital with a possible broken ankle.

Craig Cook & Nick Morris arrived about 15 minutes before the start and were fined £100 each by the referee, the 'Grand Monarch' himself, Jim McGregor. Such fines to NL riders are obscenely excessive given the pay rates but that is only half the story. Buxton announced over the PA that they would do a collection for the fines and did so near the end of the meeting. When they approached McGregor to reduce the amount incurred he refused, saying that he would have halved it if an announcement had not been made.

I do not know how such a vindictive, arrogant and spiteful decision can be justified and it will only do damage to the reputation of British Speedway's referees. :angry:

Two bad notes : Joe Jacobs was taken to hospital with a possible broken ankle.

Craig Cook & Nick Morris arrived about 15 minutes before the start and were fined £100 each by the referee, the 'Grand Monarch' himself, Jim McGregor. Such fines to NL riders are obscenely excessive given the pay rates but that is only half the story. Buxton announced over the PA that they would do a collection for the fines and did so near the end of the meeting. When they approached McGregor to reduce the amount incurred he refused, saying that he would have halved it if an announcement had not been made.

I do not know how such a vindictive, arrogant and spiteful decision can be justified and it will only do damage to the reputation of British Speedway's referees. :angry:

Terrible news for our new signing Joe... The Cobras run of bad luck with injuries goes on and on.

You should've offered old Jim a backhander... After all, it works for the moanarchs ;)

cruel luck for joe jacobs, i was looking forward to seeing him tues at monmore against the heathens and barrie evans :( hope its not broken all the best joe ;)

Another good home win shame i was working and missed it but our form this season has been brilliant and hope we get some rewards for it as we near the fight for the title !