British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest jamie cox

Old Videos

Guest jamie cox

Hello, i am a fairly new member to the forum but am enjoying seeing loads of other people who are as mad about Speedway as i am.

I am appealing to all speedway fans out there to see if anyone has video footage from the early 80's for my collection. I was the biggest Kenny Carter fan ever and am particularly interested in videos from the Shay and also from the old Hyde Road, Belle Vue as i saw my hero have many legendary battles there with PC and Chris Morton.

If anyone has videos from this era, ie 1980 - 1985 i would be most interested in either buying or copying them. I will pay a decent price as despite following Halifax from 1977-1985 i have no videos to look back on to refresh my memory which is unfortunately fading fast.

I look forward to hearing from you all. If you need to contact me my e-mail address is jamiecox@supanet.com.

Thanks all, and enjoy your speedway.

Regards

Jamie.

Hi Jamie. If you keep your eye on this thread, there may well be some KC races coming up. Unfortunately there's nothing from The Shay or BV, but keep your eyes peeled for Kenny's British Final win with broken leg and his 1982 incident with Bruce Penall if you don't already have them.

Hi Jamie,

Welcome to the forum. You are a man of almost impeccable taste. I too would love to get my hands on the sort of footage you are after, but I'd be cheering for the boys in red white and black i'm afraid.

The only think I know that is out there is the 1983 Northern Riders from Hyde Road, where you will see Mighty Mort kick Kenny's ***. :wink: Good luck in finding something :)

Edited by falcace

[/url]  but keep your eyes peeled for Kenny's British Final win with broken leg and .

Great, I hope its the race where King Kenny "carved the Collins boys to peices" as a certain Mr Lanning said.

Hehe, I'd already noticed your signature Jez!

The only vid I have that fits the description comes from the 77 BLRC at Belle Vue, not good quality and foreign format, but man what a meeting and what a track. It even had that four letter word thrown into the equation,... Dirt!!! Mike Lee and PC scraping the fence, Ole trying to fence Ivan Mauger, and Gordon Kennett doing a great job..The reason I can view it is I have a multi system vcr and monitor. Oh yeah, and Dave Lanning commentating too! I think the Penhall and Carter battle from LA in 82 is pretty easy to get? Good Luck..

Guest maddriver

I have a copy of the 1983 Northern Riders at Hyde rd, copied for me from a generous subscriber from the aces forum, ill copy it for you if you like, mail me.... :)

You could all try posting on the Oxford Forum for the attention of STEVE ROBERTS...He has a massive Video collection, inc 70s, 80s, and 90s. I am not saying that he will be willing to pat with them, but he may be able to run copies etc.

Does anyone know if the 'History of Speedway' Videos, advertised in the Speedway Star at the moment has any shots of The Shay? I know they have been out some time, so someone must know!

I have a growing collection of speedway videos ranging from 70's onwards. Some of these include Kenny Carter riding for England and in Individual meetings but not any of him riding for Halifax. The only vid of KC at Hyde Road is the full edited highlights of The 1983 Northern Riders Final, originally broadcasted by Granada, which includes a classic heat involving KC and 'The Mighty Mort'.

I do have all of the Aces Of Yesteryear videos and all 5 History Of Speedway videos.

For a full list e-mail me at chris@greenday79.freeserve.co.uk

I also have the 83 Northern Riders, 2003 Norwegian Gp, Ipswich Vs Belle Vue (2002) and Belle Vue Vs Coventry (2003) on VCD.

I'm currently putting the 2003 ELRC onto VCD as well. Hopefully I'll be putting a lot of my speedway videos onto VCD so then I can sell the videos on ebay.......keep your eyes peeled.

Incidentally, if anyone has any old stuff they fancy sharing I'd love to see it - particularly from the pre-Betamax 70s!

Pre-Betamax? Was speedway even invented then? :wink:

They did have speedway back then, but it was raced on celluloid.

Lol :D

Love the race of the moment by the way Grachan. But still reckon that meeting shouldn't have gone ahead though.